Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Angry ex husband pays 22.00 after nine years

Ok, So I get this check in the mail, from the state no less, saying the ex paid 22.00 of child suport, he owes 21,000 dollars. OMgoodness I wanted to scream 22.00 after nine years?? She will be 12 Years old In September!!!They knew where he was, and I had to continually force the child suport office to do some thing. well Finally after 9 years I get 22.00 .ok, wow I feel rich. They let him pay this to stay out of jail, I am so mad since his daughter is the most awsome child, and did deserve more !! He only had to pay $200.00 a month, how hard was that to pay? Gee, I am not sure weather to laugh or cry!!

• Original Mice-Chatter

Re: ex husband pays 22.00 after nine years

Kick his a**- That's my opinion.

I sent you a PM- let me know.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

This sounds very familiar. I used to work for Alameda County Child Support Services until the budget cuts hit. I used to help the case workers track down the dead beat parents and serve wage garnishments on them. The main problem we had was that once they got served, they usually left the job to go to another and we had to start trying to track them down again.

Another tactic they used was that they put all thier finances in someone elses name or in a joint account. The state and county can't touch it then. It was still a good feeling when you caught them though.

The big problem though is the lack of motivation from the case workers. One time I found a individual who owed support and I submitted everything over to the case worker I was working with. 3 months later they decided to start sending all the paperwork to the employer. By that time though the guy had moved on. Apathy, lazyness, and lack of morale are rampant in all the offices. Most of the workers feel that since they are unionized, they are untouchable and try to do as little work as possible while expecting to be paid more. The only time I saw any emotion out of them regarding thier jobs was when Arnie said he was going to close all the offices and consolidate them into one main office up in Sacramento. The union wasn't going to get involved until they found out that the office in Sac would be non-union and that the union would be losing all that money from everyones paycheck. I'm not sure what the final outcome of that was as I was let go shortly there after.
    Last edited by OogieBoogie; 02-22-2006 at 02:30 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    Kick his a**- That's my opinion.

I sent you a PM- let me know.
    Oh thank you, I am so grateful. I am mad, and though I would understand if he did not have a job, I know for a fact that he had an account at a bank with some woman. The officer could not tell me any more,( he told me this in confidance 2 years ago) but the fact this man had a savings account was like " he had more then we had~!!! I know times are hard, heck I lived them and raised my kids alone on $4.75 an hour! But He is a master of all trades, a boiler maker, a carpenter, and electrician etc. So the 22.00 was to keep him self out of jail.
    I am going to put it into Rachals savings account, She deserves it. If nothing else and we never see another dime, she has 22.00 more then she had.

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

typical

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

Thumbs down Re: ex husband pays 22.00 after nine years

If my sperm donor didn't pay support either. If I could get the $ he didn't pay my mother here is how it would brake down
    He owes
    $46,800
    + $18,720 (for interest)
    + $84,000 (for therapy bills)
    -----------
    = $149,520

This doesn't include the stress & $$$ he still causes me and grandma.

Yet, if he would have just left me aloneas I asked for the last 30yrs. That would be PRICELESS
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

• I'm your huckleberry.

I feel for you Karla. My daughter is 10, her father owes well over $90k in back child support, and I've gotten a grand total of about $100 from him her entire life!!!

deadbeats! Makes me wanna:

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Banned User

Awwww girls, I am sorry for you to! I was amazed he got away with 200.00 a month, he had an awsome job when we went to court! But $200.00 thats nothing, I mean its a lot to me, but to a man who makes 50,000 a year, thats not to much is it? well when I divorced him he quit his job, and moved to colorado, and went under the table. Seems like these das want to forget there kids and run away. wow, I did not think I was bitter any more, seems this 22.00 check really hit home once again .

• twinkletwinkle I'm a star

My ex never paid child support. My daughter is 20 now. She has a baby boy who is 6 months old. She told me today that her husband (of a little over a year) wants a divorce but they can't afford it so they will live in the same house and raise their son together, but not be 'married'. !!! The mom in me wants to kill this guy- but the mom in me remembers the 17 years without support from her 'sperm donor' (that's what she calls him too!) so I can understand what she's saying. Still, you shouldn't live with someone you don't love. You're not doing the child any favors. IMHO. Oh, and this guy... will never pay child support. His family builds chicken houses with illegal aliens so they don't have to pay them hardly anything. He'd just work for cash under the table. They are that way about everything.

It really sucks the way history repeats itself.

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Sorry Karla and all; sometimes I'm embarassed to be a guy. Guys can be such jerks sometimes.
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by NemoZorro
    Sorry Karla and all; sometimes I'm embarassed to be a guy. Guys can be such jerks sometimes.
    Hey, thats ok, I know some pretty decent guys, and there are lots here., Hey if you are a disneyland dad, then you are a good dad in my opinion! But you know, I will not bunch men up as a whole for being rotten, there is only a few bad apples in the bunch,

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    Hey, thats ok, I know some pretty decent guys, and there are lots here., Hey if you are a disneyland dad, then you are a good dad in my opinion! But you know, I will not bunch men up as a whole for being rotten, there is only a few bad apples in the bunch,
    Glad you feel that way, but I understand when women feel differently. Not a dad (yet - 18 years of marriage and counting) - we may, we may not, but either way I hope that I can be a better example.

Cats - that's another story. Our lovely neighbor abandoned 9 kittens when she left who have adopted us. Counting the other 2 strays, we are now, as Disneyphile calls us, the neighborhood creepy cat couple!

To avoid cat support, we are fixing them (actually not us - the vet - I would faint at the sight). Still 2 to go.
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• love my friends

alot of guys are decent and pay thier child support like my hubby.. who is paying it (even though his son lives with us 85% of the time) where is the justice here.. UNBELEIAVLE

but it is those few men who give MEN bad names of dead beat dads

Friends for life

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by NemoZorro
    Glad you feel that way, but I understand when women feel differently. Not a dad (yet - 18 years of marriage and counting) - we may, we may not, but either way I hope that I can be a better example.

Cats - that's another story. Our lovely neighbor abandoned 9 kittens when she left who have adopted us. Counting the other 2 strays, we are now, as Disneyphile calls us, the neighborhood creepy cat couple!

To avoid cat support, we are fixing them (actually not us - the vet - I would faint at the sight). Still 2 to go.
    aww good for you!!! we do that to, not me, but mom. she has so many come eat off her porch, they are strays and so she has beds out there for them on the covered deck. then she catches them, has them spayed or neutered and back to hoem agai. She feeds them but they are so wild they do not stay. just come and go. Mom loves cats, she has 4 of her own and 3 dogs, and a parrot, oye!!!

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Hmm...

I got child support the moment we separated. Maybe that was cuz I got a lawyer right away?

Ew..this all makes me so angry. I just don't know what to say.

Have you gotten a lawyer, tried garnishing his wages. That is what I do now and I get a check twice a month because I had his wages garnished after he kept giving me checks that would bounce.

He only pays $525 a month and our son will be two next month. And $130 of that $525 is for child care expenses.

I"m actually taking him back to court to reduce his vistation (he keeps cancelling the ones he has) and to get more money.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast