Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by DznyVan
    Ortizmo2000-

Fort Point is a great idea, but I'm not sure that it is open as of yet. It was closed down to visitors after 9/11. Haven't heard anything about it lately. Easy to get to, just drive up to it and see if you can get in. (I think that you'll know real quick if it is still closed)
    Zikes....didn't know that it had been closed. Oh well.....you can still cross the bridge and take a hike up Mount Tam. My god the view of the Bay from up there. Spectacular!
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• My Children's Father

The best pizza I ever had was at North Beach Pizza, 1499 Grant Avenue @ Union St. It's just South of the Coit Tower in Little Italy
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Banned User

go see the best/worse prison America has used.. Alcatraz

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Spin a U-turn, drive like a bat outta Hell and go to DISNEYLAND

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

A cable car ride is a MUST.

Also, a nice drive around the Presidio is a nice, free thing you can do. A lot of history there.

If I only had 8 hours, I'd probably just spend it there at the Wharf...lots to do there! (Check out the old WW2 sub there!)
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

• /sigh

Watch out for the scary bush guy Anyone else had the pleasure of meeting him?
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Minion

Yes, on two trips in two years! He's a homeless guy who's created a little job for himself on the fringe of the tourist industry. It's funny to watch the unsuspecting ones pass by from across the street.

The singing comedian at the Wharf Cable Car Station is not amusing at all if you have to wait for a car.

• Disney fans for life!

Yeah! Bush Man!!!

We get to see him each time that we are there. The kids don't want to do anything else until he scares them :devil: .

It's a blast watching him get his next "victim". People sure do react differently. Most end up walking away laughing. Others don't

He's a genuine tourist attraction himself!

Skip Pier 39, it's a tourist trap with tourist junk shops and outlandishly overpriced restaurants.

Fort Point is a simply awesome suggestion... it's a staggering view.

Skip the GG bridge, it's going to cost you $3 (last time I was there, at least) to get back in the city, and there's nothing to do on the other side.

Ghiradelli square is skippable. Ghiradelli chocolate is craptastic (hell, even Hershey is better... Ghiradelli is as bad as Russell Stover). Go to the Hunan restaurant on Sansome near the Embarcadero instead.

Sutro Towers offers one of the best views you can get, if you can find your way up there ;-)

Some of the best times I've had in SF is simply from walking up Market Street from 14th to the Castro and stopping in the little shops.

Skip the trolley and ride BART/Muni, and see how real mass transit should work.

I guarantee if you go to the Haight, at least 3 people will walk up to you and say, "Wanna buy some 'shrooms?" Funny the first time, disturbing the second time, scary the third time...

Don't forget Jack London Square in Oakland, either.
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Had a wonderful day yesterday. The weather was picture perfect. When I have a bit more time, I will write up a trip report. For now, you can take a look at the pictures. There are two pages worth of pictures.

Page 1
    Page 2

Thank you again to everyone for all your suggestions.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Zapp's Minion :D

Great pictures Mamabot, Thanks for sharing!!!

• Sock Puppet

Go to half moon bay and ride Mavericks...they are the biggest swells in the united states hands down!

• Minion

Wow...it was a picture perfect day for sure. Glad you had such a wonderful time and got to see so many areas of the city.

• Race Car Driver

Nice pictures girly.............. A convertible you say I always new you were cool... just hiding behind a mini van lmao
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

• Disney Blood Sisters

Take a trip down Chinatown...they have AMAZING food if you like chinese! Fisherman's Wharf has great crabs and a good spot to stop (i like food!). If you like shopping, you HAVE to stop by Union square. Alcatraz is very cool, but takes a lot of time. Oh, abd good luck driving there! It's so confusing that i ended going the wrong way on a one way street!
    "Just remember the month of May followed by a nerd."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast