Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Your Haunted Hometown

Is there any places in your hometown that are rumored to be haunted? If so, please feel free to share any stories you have heard about the haunted locations.

The only place off the bat that I can think of down here is Coral Bridge. It is rumored that if you pull up to this area, roll down the windows, turn off the car, and wait patiently, you will here someone always laughing and something splashing in the water. Then as you leave "Ghostly" finger prints will appear on your car.

Also in my area there has been a report that one time a headless horseman followed a man home. The man thought it was all a dream till he woke up seeing that all his windows and doors were opened and the Horseman was riding around in his yard.

Now obviously some of the stories are just folk lore, but I would like to know more about the rumored haunted areas in your hometown....and please, no debating .

• Banned User

Re: Your Haunted Hometown

this whole town is haunted. its an old miners town, the whole town is old as dirt! And falling in from all the deep under ground mining.I also do not go in for ghosts, and or the likes. no sir I don't believe in no ghosts

• no flash photography...

yes....every town has haunting stories...most are not true and pure imagination. I find it amusing that the hauntings and scary things only happen at night....well gee do you thik people may be on edge wandering around at night expecting a ghost to scare them. Every little noise scares them and they come vack with over the top ghost stories...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Yes but I am just curious as to what the stories are, even if they may not be true .

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

My old high school is located next to a farm and a cemetary, so yeah

One story is that some kids from my school were trying to "discover" whether or not the school was haunted by secretly staying on-campus in the late hours...after a while they got fed up, and they started heading out to the field to get out, and they saw the ghost of a Native American, in his native dress. The school's mascot is an Indian. Apparently the kids high-tailed it out of there after that.

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    The only place off the bat that I can think of down here is Coral Bridge. It is rumored that if you pull up to this area, roll down the windows, turn off the car, and wait patiently, you will here someone always laughing and something splashing in the water. Then as you leave "Ghostly" finger prints will appear on your car.
    I think just about every town has that story about the bridge, or at least a variation. Especially in smaller towns. One nearby town has one story about a bridge that, instead of fingerprints, a child's footprints are left on the windshield, as if the kid were running across the top of the car.

As for local tales -- this is a rather large city. A bit too numerous to list.
    -Tim

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

i am trying to research My towns Haunted past....i hope some good stuff comes out of my Research

• Banned User

cool

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

I live across the road from a cemetary - does that count?
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

• And, THEN she said...

heres what I found on Bowling Green..

Bowling Green - Greenwood Mall - Back in ‘96 a man was found dead in his pickup truck in the rear parking lot. The cause of death was never determined, and the vehicle was stolen. No one ever figured out who he was, or what he died of. These days when people park in the spot where his truck was, and leave their vehicle overnight, you can walk up to it and see a man in the passenger seat who looks to be dead or sleeping. Its always the same guy. When any of the guards on duty call a police officer over to remove the guy, they find the car empty. Every single time. The parking spot has an oil stain that looks like a face and has never washed off or changed over the years. The police have nicknamed him “the sleeper”. It?s so common; when they call PD dispatch they just say, “We have a sleeper”.

Bowling Green - off the bridge - There is an old metal bridge with a wooden road…a girl once jumped off of the bridge and drown. The theory is if you go to the end of the bridge and turn your car off and put it in neutral the ghost of the girl will pull you across the bridge.

Bowling Green - Western Kentucky University - Barnes-Campbell Hall - showers have been reported turning on and off by themselves, and chairs crashing against walls. A young man fell to his death down the dorms elevator shaft.

Bowling Green - Western Kentucky University - Helm Library - is known to be haunted by a student who fell to his death from the ninth floor when trying to open a window.

Bowling Green - Western Kentucky University - The Kentucky Museum - Located on campus is haunted by an unknown male.

Bowling Green - Western Kentucky University - McClean Hall - McClean Hall on campus is supposed to haunted by Mattie McClean the woman its named for. Supposedly if you stare at a picture of her long enough in the lobby she will smile back at you.

Pearce Ford Tower (Dorm Hall) is supposed to be haunted by a construction worker crushed by an elevator.

Bowling Green - Western Kentucky University - Potter Hall - In 1977 a girl hung herself in the basement. Change has been heard dropped in soda machines but no one is there, scratching sounds of basement floor. - February 2004 Update: is now just used for the office of the register, housing has been moved down to South West Hall. Which did once have a creepy incident involving a ouija board where a wall began to crack open. Also for Potter it was in room 8 on the bottom floor that the girl hung herself — though that is debated some believe she was murdered.

Bowling Green - Western Kentucky University - Schneider Hall - Objects disappear and then reappear. Knocks and strange noises during the day and night. Sudden temperature changes in certain rooms. Feelings of being watched. - February 2004 Update: It is no longer used as a dorm, it is being renovated to be a math building. Also a student claims that - White Stone Hall and White Hall are the same building as Florence Schneider hall.

Bowling Green - Western Kentucky University - Rhodes Harlin Hall - is haunted by a girl who jumped to her death. People hear scratching on their windows and doors.

Bowling Green - Western Kentucky University - Van Meter - Auditorium - The auditorium is reportedly haunted by a man that fell to his death there while working on one of the catwalks. Students, workers and performers have seen him. Also rumored, he fell onto the stage and his blood of course soaked into the wood. In the 1950?s and again in 1968 this stage was re-floored, and the stain again returned.

hey DW, when you get to go to WKU, try the picture at McLean hall and see if it works, I would but I dont know if I could get in there..Im going to see if me and the bf can find the oil stain at greenwood Mall..
    Last edited by Groomer; 03-05-2006 at 06:47 AM.

• And, THEN she said...

heres what I found on my real hometown of seal beach/Los Alamitos:

Orange - Seal Beach - Boeing Co. site adjacent to Naval Weapons Station- apparitions doors opening and closing, behind security personnel as they make their patrols. strange breezes that blow inside of bldgs, a feeling of being watched by unseen forces, strange footsteps that just fade away upon approach, disembodied voices, guard vehicle, lights turn off, as well as prior running engines, when guard is out of the vehicle. strange balloons that appear in the parking lots at night, which take on a life of their own, then mysteriously vanish, this was the prior Rockwell site, also built over burial grounds of the ancient Indians. many similar haunting phenomena being so close to the Naval Weapons Station. Even Seal Beach Police Dept is aware of the ghosts.

Orange - Seal Beach - U.S. Naval Weapons Station - Built over ancient Indian burial grounds, also built over Orange County historical site, known as Anaheim Landing. Anaheim landing was an early seaport circa 1849. At the turn of the century, it was the main beach for people to use, it had a boardwalk area for shopping, food and refreshments. the Bolsa Chica wetlands and marsh areas merge into its boundaries. PHENOMENA; Strange shadows that move about at night, Ghosts of Indians have been seen, footsteps follow security personnel around at night. whispering voices have been heard, throughout the complex. lights go on and off in buildings. spirits knock on the vehicle doors of security officers at night. nature spirits, have been perceived, as well as a spirit called a water diva ,have been seen. Various different ghosts have been seen throughout the weapons station, blood chilling screams, and spine tingling moans have frightened many night time security personnel. The location vibrates with history, and some hauntings are residual, other ghosts interact with the living. It is an area ,which should be investigated by parapsychologists, many people have died in car accidents on Pacific Coast Highway, which runs thru the beach area, or south end of the Naval Station.

Orange County - Black Star Canyon - The site of multiple Indian massacres dating back to the time of Spanish occupation, Blackstar Canyon is home to many strange phenomena. Indians said to have been spotted both roaming the ridges on horseback and walking the creek for a few steps before disappearing completely. Many night hikers report the feeling of being watched, and the sounds of an invisible presence pacing them shortly off the trail. Screams and howls haunt the night along with the faint chants of an age and people long past. Note: If you are planning an expedition to Blackstar Canyon, travel in groups as it is a very dangerous place, and pay no mind to the homemade “Private Property” signs. The Orange County Sheriffs Office has confirmed that all of the trail is in fact open to the public, and those signs were hung some time ago by squatters attempting to keep people off the land.

and ive been driving by the weapons station at night and seen strange lights..

and OMG is Blackstar ever haunted..Ive been in there at night and its too creepy..bad vibes and strange noises..went once at night and NEVER did it again!

I don't know if it's haunted exactly, but we've heard of some strange high-pitched voices and screams coming from Midget Town.

Does anyone else have a Midgettown near them?

Mind you, I've never actually seen our reported "Midget Town"......but I'm told it does exist, and I've spent the better part of my life driving around trying to find it.

If anyone knows where it's located and what goes on there, do tell!

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

what is a Midget town???

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

double post....sorry

• no flash photography...

There's a story about how my old high school is haunted my some kid that commited suicide by hanging himself froma tree on campus. The problem with this story is, the year it supposidly happened I was going to that school and it didn't happen. A kid did commit suicide my sophmore year, byt he used a gun at his home and he didn't haunt the school....so these are the type of bigus stories that are out there. I take them all with a grain of salt. I think people just liek the attention so they make stuff up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast