Did anyone else make it to WonderCon?

Did anyone else make it to WonderCon in San Francisco last month and what did you think?

I thought it was pretty good but the pannels were too heavy on the horror movie promotions and not enough sci-fi. There just wasn't as much energy as in years past. The Star Wars presentation was boring and I'm a big SW fan. As much as I admire Steve Sansweet for his personal SW collection he stinks as a speaker. I swear if he didn't have his note cards he'd be totally lost.

Kevin Smith was f-ing great and the Clerks 2 clip was hillarious.

I got four of those huge X-Men posters that are selling for big $ on eBay though I'm holding on to mine for now.

Overall it was a great weekend. Lots to see and do and of course buy.
    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

Re: Did anyone else make it to WonderCon?

WOW. I am I the only one? I thought there would be several people from this community that made the trip to S.F.

• More Than Meets The Mouse

I made it as far as the front lobby... took one look at the standby line for people that pre-paid, and then noticed the line that wrapped around the OUTSIDE of the building for stand-by people. Yeah, no way I was gonna stand-in that line for who knows how long to get in... it wasn't exacty warm that day either, heheh.

I heard it was a good show though, maybe I'll try to get there a little sooner next year so I can actually go in and see it myself

Especially if they do any promotion for the upcoming Transformers live action movie.
    Disneyland is the right of all sentient beings.

^ They hit capacity early and had the fire marshal watching. I saw that stand by line. It looked painful. For the last few years I have bought my tickets online a few days ahead of time and then got there in line an hour before the doors open. We spend that time trying to plan out our day because there is so much to see and do. Plus it's good people watching. When they did open the doors I was able to get most of the autographs I wanted before it got real busy.

This year they were handing out tickets for drawings and chances to meet various celebrities to all the people that were lined up early. That's partly how I ended up with four 6' x 4' X-Men posters. There were only 500 of them being given away and they were handing out drawing tickets 3 or 4 at a time and made several passes. They were also handing them out at the enterance to the big room where all the movies were being presented. Every time I went in or out I got more tickets. My brother and I ended up with about 20 tickets each by the time they called out the winning numbers. He got two posters as well and just sold one on eBay for $150.00. A few of the first ones put up for auction went for nearly double that.

It was a fun time and as it turns out a profitable trip.
    Last edited by JangoFett; 03-11-2006 at 10:22 PM.

I wanted to go. I usually do, but it just wasn't in the cards this year. I'll be in San Diego in July and at Wizard World Los Angeles this coming weekend.