Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Re: What is WRONG with people

Quote Originally Posted by Demigod
    I think that's totally lame of that girl's dad. I'd get EVERYONE's story first before even raising my voice, let alone do that to a child.

That said, I think we all should go over to the father's house wearing Mickey Ears and kick him in the knee.

A lot.

Over and over again.

Until he cries.

Will you marry me?

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Island Paradise

to the D-landmommie family, especially Ky.

You've had great suggestions by our MC friends in here. As a mom that has had a child bullied before, I feel your pain.

Personally, I'd go directly to the principal and discuss the situation. The school yard bully-chick needs some form of consequence administered for her behavior. Ky sounds like he was just reacting to all of her torment, while that wasn't a great choice on his part, it's very understandable. Boys at that age respond in a physical way. The principal should see that a due process is held where she'll speak to all of the kids involved and then ensure that bully-chick is dealt with...

Let us know how things go!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kylelicious
    has kurt heard about this?
    Dude, I can laugh now, but when I was ranting to the fantastical G4 earlier she was laughing and I'm all "wtf" and she said "I'm thinking of someone messing with Kyler and what Kurt would do" Now. now that makes me giggle

I took me 30 minutes to convince him not to come home.........................then he called again to make sure

(to explain Kurt my husband is ginormous and has a um, shall we say temper?)

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I can't wait to hear what the teacher finds out. Teachers have an awesome way of getting right to the bottom of things and making kids cry.

Kyler acted in self defense. Don't be too mad at him. He's had enough trauma today. Just think-he must have really been pushed to the limit to snap like that, and even still, he only kicked her in the ankle as opposed to punching her in the face or something.
    A signature should go here.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    Will you marry me?
    Darlin', if I weren't taken, you'd have me.
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

I was totally laughing at the thought of that guy saying that Ky's father would get to know him, too. I can so see him coming storming towards your front door and Kurt answering it. How sweet it would be. Then that guy would be all mad at needing a new pair of pants.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• Practically Perfect

the problem (imho) with a lot of parents is that they blindly buy into whatever wild story their kids throw at them. Of Course psycho girl isn't going to tell her Psycho Dad that she's tormenting other kids, she's going to make herself into the victim.

With that in mind, I honestly thank and comend you for getting to the bottom of the story by talking to the other kids that were there. We need more parents like you!!

Also, I'm really sorry your son had to go through that! Middle School is a time in my life that I rarley let myself look back on, kids can be so horrid! I'll keep your son in my prayers.

As for Psycho Dad, I wouldn't worry too much, if he can't even raise his own child, I doubt he'll go to great leaps to 'teach' your son.

• HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DMCA!

Kyler needs a sticker for his backpack "your dad don't know nuthin'!"

It's always me

• Waiting for the stork

Quote Originally Posted by evil mommie
    to the D-landmommie family, especially Ky.

You've had great suggestions by our MC friends in here. As a mom that has had a child bullied before, I feel your pain.

Personally, I'd go directly to the principal and discuss the situation. The school yard bully-chick needs some form of consequence administered for her behavior. Ky sounds like he was just reacting to all of her torment, while that wasn't a great choice on his part, it's very understandable. Boys at that age respond in a physical way. The principal should see that a due process is held where she'll speak to all of the kids involved and then ensure that bully-chick is dealt with...

Let us know how things go!
    I hate to be the neighsayer here but...the school has absolutly no authority...it is off school grounds... They can try to help...they can monitor the kids while they are at school...and try to change the behavior...but it's not a school issue if it's off site..

Grumpy....correct me if I'm wrong, you'll know if this information is accurate.
    procrastibating

• Minion

First of all, I am agreeing with all the replies ... definitely get in touch with the principal and let the teacher try to get some more info out of the kids...

No adult has a right to do that to someone else's child ... what was he THINKING !!!!! That his precious little girl is just too good of a child to be anything other than perfect --- absolutely ridiculous

Poor Kyler!! I hope he is ok ... I think he just got pulled into this unfortunately because this is a girl bully -- I'm sure he knows not to hit a girl .... but .... sometimes you do have to defend yourself.
    </IMG>
    This is such a crappy situation!! Keep your spirits up!

PS ... Kyler is SUCH a cool name
    Mine's boring old Jessica

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
    I hate to be the neighsayer here but...the school has absolutly no authority...it is off school grounds... They can try to help...they can monitor the kids while they are at school...and try to change the behavior...but it's not a school issue if it's off site..

Grumpy....correct me if I'm wrong, you'll know if this information is accurate.

We actually ARE responsible for them during travel time. Sounds crazy, but it's true.

•   
    • So fetch

In my old school district they had a policy that you were still had to follow school rules until you were in your own home and could be disciplined by the school for breaking them. That's how they could bust kids who would vandalize/steal/smoke on their way home from school. So under that policy pyscho girl could get suspended for bullying/beating someone while walking home from school.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

^^^True!

• My cuties!

Oh boy!! I think you handled it really well, D-mom! I would have been a screaming b*tch to the psycho's dad! Sounds like the apple didn't fall far from the tree, huh?

• Again! Again! Again!

We are responsible for those kids. LMNOP is right. But to a certain extent. I think they have to be a certain distance from the school, but not sure.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast