Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: What is WRONG with people

OMG what a rough day for both of you. Adults can be as bad as kids sometimes.

Kyler is a sensitive kid. I hope he doesn't take this all too hard.

When I was 10 there were some older boys who would chase me home from school. I was terrified but scared that my dad would think I was a wimp if I complained about it. One day a picked up a rock and when one of the kids came after me, I threw a rock at his head (kids don't always make good decisions). I figured that I was defending myself and that my dad would be proud. The kid I hit ran home and got his mom and the other kids held me down and tortured me until the mom showed up. She held a rock over my face and screamed at me and asked me if I wanted her to smash my face in. I cried and ran home.

I had no choice but to tell my mom what had happened because I was bleeding and filthy. After realizing that I was badly shaken up but not badly hurt, she dragged me into the car to try and find where the kids lived. We didn't find them.

The next day my mom came to school and spoke to the principal. He had the two of us walk through the lunch room during the older kid's lunch hour. They made me point the kids out. Everyone saw. It was awful. Worse than getting chased home.

For the rest of the year it seemed like all the kids at school ridiculed me. Called me a mamma's boy, etc. It took me a very long time to get over it and I think that we may have eventually moved because my mom didn't want me going to that school any more.

Long story short. Ask Kyler what he wants you to do about this. I wish my mother had. Not that kids will make the best decision, but you need to know what the consequences will be for him based upon the actions taken.

I feel so badly for both of you. But my heart breaks for Kyler.

Hugs,
    -Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Todd I have no words

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Why do you keep talking?

Boxing lessons *nods*

That is so awesome that you kept your cool, I would have of course made fun of the dad and yelled at him for yelling at the boy.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

DM, I simply don't know what to say. As Dusty read me the account of what your son went through one thing popped into my mind; After hearing how the father reacted to his daughters confrontation with your son her behavior is NOT SURPRISING and you know where she gets it. I agree that you need to keep your son's input in mind. My heart goes out to you both. Some parents are such dumb *****
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals. ”
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Again! Again! Again!

There's a bad kid at the school where I work (Calvin). He's always in trouble, constantly in the principal's office, consistantly abusing kids, and has been suspended many times. In fact, I'm not sure why he hasn't been expelled. Do you know how bad it makes me feel to hate a kid? It's awful. It makes me feel sick to have these thoughts about a child. However, once when I subbed at the school, he was causing all kinds of strife to me and others. It's awful that he gets away with so much. I just wanted to drop kick him. And that's the absolute worst feeling I've ever had. I get all tense whenever I see him around the school because I just know the evil is lurking in his mind.

I really wish that some parents would care about how their children are treating others. I hope that this girl doesn't turn into a kid like Calvin.

I feel so bad for Kyler. It's so awful. And Dusty, I'm can't begin to tell you how sorry I am that you had to go through that.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Just Me

This reminds me of The Boy getting bit in 1st grade. He has an on going thing with Casey. This kid was a real bad seed and should have prob been in special classes. TB couldn't understand how Casey could be his friend one minute and then attacking him another. The bite was the worst. It was on TB's upper arm. It was a horrid bruise and broke skin. The boys were also in day care together. One morning I bumped into the kid's grandfather, I showed him TB's arm. He started in on me with about TB doing something to provoke it (he was swinging his jacket in line-not hitting anyone). Grandma saw me talking to her husband and came flying out of the car. She got in my face and went off on me. I stood my ground and simply shook my head at her and let a loud, "Now I see where he gets it from," as I got back in my car.

Casey ended up getting kicked out of daycare and almost expelled from school over this. I felt so bad for the principal, she was doing everything she could, but her hands were pretty much tied. The daycare supervisor was another story. It was a school district run daycare. She wanted nothing more to do with Casey after the biting incident.

• Island Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
    I hate to be the neighsayer here but...the school has absolutly no authority...it is off school grounds... They can try to help...they can monitor the kids while they are at school...and try to change the behavior...but it's not a school issue if it's off site..

Grumpy....correct me if I'm wrong, you'll know if this information is accurate.
    I don't think you a naysayer, although my comments come from personal experience. My daughter, Madeline was bullied by a girl on school property and off. Maddie is a very petite young lady and this bully took complete advantage of that emotionally and physically. After several incidences on and off campus, her father and I went to the Principal. Without going into detail, because this thread is about Kyler, we were able to get this resolved in a very satisfactory manner. Once the bully's parents learned what was really going on it made all of the difference.

If psycho chick is doing this on the walk home, I'd guarantee she's doing it at school too.

My heart breaks for Kyler. Maddie and I know how it feels!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

It is sad to feel that way about a kid. I've worked in the kids's classes since before Ky was even in Kindergarten(my little brother is only 4 years older than my son and I worked, in fact did an iternship, in his class too)
    the more I talked to the father of this girl today the more I realized she doesn't have a chance, with that kind of influence she'll only get worse. Kylelicious, G4 and others know my son and know he's "the quiet nerdy kid" this isn't an everyday occurance. The good thing is his teacher knows to believe him and not psycho girl.
    The bad thing is psycho girl still has to live with psycho dad as an example. That's sad.

I would like to thank everyone for their repsonse and suggestions. You've all been so helpful. Times like this make me proud to be a member of Micechat.

Thank you
    Dmom and Dkid#1

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• horsin' around!

Quote Originally Posted by JangoFett
    Follow the kids home yourself. But do it from a distance so the kids don't know they are being watched. You can see for your own eyes what's going on. Just a thought.
    complete with video camera...

• That's Hawt

OH HELL NO! Are you kidding me? This is absolutely WRONG.

First of all, Tina, I am so amazed at your self control and I am SO terribly sorry that your son and you had to go through this. I know I haven't met him but from the example you lead and from the way you talk about your son I know he is an absolutely amazing young man.

That being said, There is NO REASON for a grown man to treat someone elses (or his own) Children like that! I find it absolutely rediculous that someone is so insane that they think that kind of reaction is ok! I truely believe that you should contact the police so that they not only have a record but so that they can put the fear of got into this freak.

Tina, I'm so sorry you had to go through this. If you ever EVER need to talk I am here for you.

Daniel
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

Quote Originally Posted by pixywingz
    complete with video camera...
    I like my idea better.
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

• Pucker Up, Sweetie!

Wow Tina! What a day! This just sucks!

I can't imagine that I would have had the cool to even get on the phone. I probably would have just called John and he would have dealt with it.

Of course...that would bring about the question of

"Where do I get bail money?"

I have no other advice that what you've allready been given. And anyways..I thought you handled it wonderfully!

Make sure you give Kyler extra hugs...I'm sure you did allready. And I'm sending some your way as well!!!!
    Us girls, we're so magical.
    Soft skin, red lips, so kissable.
    Hard to resist, so touchable.
    Too good to deny it.
    Ain't no big deal, it's innocent.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

All I can do is echo what everyone has already said. You handled this so well- with the grace, responsiblity and the patience to get to the bottom of it. I feel so bad for Ky, but somehow I know that based on your example you are giving him the tools to handle it all and come out okay.

Keep us updated on how this progresses.

Huge to you and Kyler!
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• insufferable know-it-all

I'm probably going to get flamed for this opinion:

While I think he definitely took it too far, I actually think her father was somewhat in the right to yell at your son. Look at it from his perspective. To his "knowledge", your son has been teasing and tormenting his daughter for weeks, and today she comes home and says he's kicked her.

Now yes, perhaps he should have been rational enough to check with the other children, but from a perspective of trusting your child, what would you do? Personally, I'd say something directly to the child, in part because I know children often respond better to correction from complete strangers than they do their parents (because they know what they can get away with with their parents).

You can bet that if someone kicked my child, I WOULD be having words with the child who did it. Albeit not anywhere near what that guy did, and certainly not threatening the child's parents.

I do think it's important that children learn from more adults than just their parents - especially when their parents are *ahem* not too grown up themselves.

Tina, in your position, I'd probably want a word with the little girl who's bullying your son. It can be done in a much more civilized manner than her father did it, but certainly I'd want to talk to her about why she does it, and to let her know a) that it is unacceptable behavior, and b) that if she repeats the behavior, I'll be discussing her actions with her parents.

Now I know I'm obviously the only one who feels that way, but FWIW, that's my opinion on the matter.

(That being said, given the WAY her father went about it, I'd be pissed at him too)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

OK....what we're dealing with is the age old stigma of boys not being allowed to open a can of W-A on girls...um....in self defense I mean.

So we need to find the world's biggest 6th grade girl, and I've seen some that are HUGE...and let this 6th grade girl have a "conversation" with psycho girl. Does Kyle know any HUGE 6th grade girls?

Dsnylndmom - I'm amazed at your self restraint. I would have been all over that moron of a father like white on rice. I believe you made the right choice in communicating to this idiot that he needs to keep his daughter, who obviously has issues, away from your son. Maybe she has issues because her father is an idiot.

In any case, bullying is a federal case at our elementary school. My daughter, who is the sweetest creature on earth, got hauled in before the school magistrate because her group had accidentally excluded another student from playing with them. Keeping a kid from playing with your group is a form of bullying at our school. Verbally berating and beating up on another kid would probably get that kid kicked out of our school before they had a chance to grab their backpack. I hope your school administrators will be supportive of you and your son and will listen to both sides.

And Dustysage's story made me sad. Bullying SUCKS!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast