Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Clearing my Calendar

Re: What is WRONG with people

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    the more I talked to the father of this girl today the more I realized she doesn't have a chance, with that kind of influence she'll only get worse. Kylelicious, G4 and others know my son and know he's "the quiet nerdy kid" this isn't an everyday occurance. The good thing is his teacher knows to believe him and not psycho girl.
    The bad thing is psycho girl still has to live with psycho dad as an example. That's sad.
    So, what was the overall solution, if you don't mind my asking?

I do want to reiterate All Aglow's suggestion at having a complaint on file with the police in the event something else happens. It'll make your case stronger, though we'd all prefer it not happen again.

All this has made me think of a time I was yelled at by a friend's mom when I was around seven. I grew up in Alabama and it was summer, so it was *hot* outside where we had been playing. She offered to get us a drink of milk. I had always been told to not drink milk on a hot stomach so I was reluctant. I took a sip, to be polite, and found the milk was sour.

I asked my friend if he thought his tasted funny and he said no. Sooo, I figured it was a different type of milk (we drank skim at home). My friend's little sister started nagging me because she wanted a drink too. So, thankful to rid myself of the mess, poured my contents into her glass. My friend's mother saw me do this.

She swooped on me and hovered over me, all the while yelling that I had just endangered the girl's life because she's lactose intolerant and not only that but I had dirtied TWO of her glasses which meant she had even MORE dishes to wash! I was aghast, to say the least and ran from the house to my own home before she could threaten me or punish me.

I refused to play with said friend after that. A long period of time went by (could have been days, you know kid's concept of time..especially in the summer) and I was playing in my front yard. Friend's mom stops by and approaches me. I make a beeline for the door and she kind of shouts that she came to apologize. She goes on to say that she didn't realize the milk was sour (AHA!) and understood my motivation for dumping my glass in the girl's. I was in shock that an adult not only had realized she made a mistake but would apologize to a kid!

However, I don't think the father in Ky's case has that type of mindset, no?
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Waiting for the stork

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP.
    We actually ARE responsible for them during travel time. Sounds crazy, but it's true.
    I stand corrected, Thank You

Edited to add: what is the amount of time or distance that the school is still responsable?

Evil Mommie, I did not mean that as anything negative agains your post...sorry if it was taken that way
    Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 03-14-2006 at 10:35 AM.
    procrastibating

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JangoFett
    Follow the kids home yourself. But do it from a distance so the kids don't know they are being watched. You can see for your own eyes what's going on. Just a thought.
    If she is gonna do that, she might as well just pick up Ky and his friends from school honestly.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Just wanted to give a big round of to everyone who's been bullied.
    I know how awful it can be.
    Hope that things get resolved without too much more damage.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Sorry to hear about this. I'd like to add I don't think Ky is wrong for standing up to a bully, no matter if they are a girl or a boy. Bully's only know one thing and the only way to back them off is to fight back.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

In 11th grade some kid sexually harassed me, tried to black mail me, & bullied my friend for years....He even tried to break my friendship with that friend. What did i do? Had the Principle call the deputies on the kid.

I think threatening a kids life IS something that needs to be taken seriously because you may not know if this girl is kidding or not. I say let the principle & cops know.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
    Edited to add: what is the amount of time or distance that the school is still responsable?

I think it's any time during "the school day", plus to and from school, within reason. That's why ditching is such a huge deal (to the grown ups, anyway, ). If some disaster were to happen during the school day and we can't find a kid, we get nailed. Or a kid goes off campus and gets in an accident...I'm sure there have been lawsuits because "within reason" means different things to different people.

I always loved working in the office and watching the parents come in- "I'm so and so's mom" and you just think, "I understand now." Apples don't fall far from their trees, you know.

And Dusty, you made me cry.
    A signature should go here.

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Bullies are no fun; I've been subjected to my share of them. And yes, girls can certainly be bullies.

Emotion can be so wonderful and so dreadful, and I think that psycho girl's dad felt he was coming to her defense. I would feel the same way. HOWEVER - you did the right thing by trying to get to the bottom of the story, and he DID NOT by jumping to conclusions (remember the MMC skit about jumping to conclusions? ). I think he just let his emotions get in the way of rational thought (easy to do sometimes) and took it out on your son (which is so not cool).

Maybe you could try talking to him again. I know it might end badly, but I think you are genuinly concerned about his daughter's behavior and it might be a way to sort of mend fences while helping him see the issues that she has.

Of course it might not go well, but at least you would have tried. If it sits too long, it might fester or escalate, which is the last thing anyone wants.

Just my 2 cents. Hugs to you for your caring.....
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom

Do I take the big step and call the police or do I wait and see if anything happens with the school tomorrow?

Document everything and get signed statements from any witnesses.

Call the non-emergency number of the police and let them know what happened....a grown -up threatening a child is serious business.

Also, give your son a cell phone to keep with him at all times and tell the teacher and school principal that you have instructed him to call 911 if he feels at all unsafe or threatened by this girl and/or especially her dad.

That irks me that people think it's okay for a girl to injure a boy , but get pissy if the boy fights back. NO ONE has the right to get physical with another person!!

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I'd recommened contacting the police, and explain what happened

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Original Mice-Chatter

I recommend a restraining order.

Really. That should get the message across that you are dead serious about this man staying away from your kid.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    I recommend a restraining order.

Really. That should get the message across that you are dead serious about this man staying away from your kid.

I agree. No such thing as too cautious these days.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I'd like to thank everyone once again, the support for everyone has been wonderful

I went and saw Kyler's teacher today to make sure she talked to all the kids involved, she didn't. She seperated Kyler and psycho girl and psycho girl's mother came to the school to talk to the teacher this morning. I told her I wanted assurance that psycho was going to spoken to over the bullying and now she's not because her mom came and talked to the teacher. I'm not happy with that. I reminded the teacher of the father's reaction and what he did to Kyler and she said that the mom assured there won' t be anymore problems with him. Not good enough, sorry. I went to talk to the principal but she was gone. I'll be talking to her tomorrow.

As we drove home I saw that daddy dearest was walking his little dumpling home. How do I know that had Kyler been walking he wouldn't have said something to him. This is why I'm going to the prinicipal tomorrow.

Morigoon, you're entitled to your opinion and I have no reason to flame you for it. In fact, I understand where you coming from, but I'm sorry that doesn't excuse a grown adult to yell at and berate a child like that.
    Also, I know with my own kids before I jump on them I get both stories, before punishments can proceed. It should have been no different in this situation. Finally, we know his child is a liar. I have no knowledge that she told him prior to yesterday's incident that Kyler was the one picking on her, that from what I had gathered was told to him yesterday after the kicking so that makes your point moot, IMHO.

Again, thank you all so much for your posts
    Dmom

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Clearing my Calendar

Keep us updated.

We're frettin' and supportin'.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Original Mice-Chatter

The restraining order accomplishes a few things-

#1- it says you are serious. This is not a joke.
    #2- you do not have to prove the need for it, you just ask for it, and there would be a follow up hearing.
    #3- you would get to present your side and your reasoning for the order. Which means you would likely be able to present statements from witnesses that support your side of the story.
    #4- it makes a permanent record of the incident, and the reasons why you need it.

This guy is an enabler- he was abusive. His daughter learned well at his knee.

I see Morrigoons point about the Dad maybe thinking Ky was a trouble maker- but that is no excuse to be threatening or abusive to an 11 year old kid. There is NO excuse for his behavior and if you feel there is any continued risk, because who knows if HE may decide to start following the kids home as has been suggested to you??

On edit I see he is doing just that-I am glad in this case Ky wasn't walking as well. This man needs to stay well clear of your child. Woe to the creep who comes between a mother bear and her cub. You showed remarkable restraint......

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast