Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Angry What is WRONG with people

My son Ky is in 6 grade, he's a good kid. Not trying to brag but he really is. He's one of those kids that his teachers always rave about.

That said, he walks home with the same group of kids daily. His friend M, J and her sister P and psycho girl. His other friend T also walks with them once in awhile.

Apparently, psycho girl has made it her life goal to make Ky's life miserable. She teases, not like "I like you" tease more like "you're ugly, you're fat etc etc" teases and she kicks or smacks him daily. All of the kids that walk home together have attested to this.

Well today she went too far. Apparently, she started off as she normally does with insults and tossed in a kick with all her might, to his bad knee. He responded by kicking her in the ankle, WHICH HE WAS IN THE WRONG FOR and is in trouble for. After kicking her, he immediately apologized and tried to make sure she was okay. Since she was screaming like a banshee "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU" repeatedly, he left, well tried to. She had her friend get her dad and her dad took it upon himself to YELL AT BERATE AND THREATEN my 11 year ond in the middle of the street. To the point of my son being in tears. Real mature things like "Your dad's gonna KNOW ME tonight" and comments along those lines

Kyler came home and told me what happened in tears, after calming him down, I called the school while I had him call his friends. I wanted to talk to his friends and see if they collaborated his story, which they did, word for word. I told the school what happened, gave them names and they suggested calling the police. A. because it happened off of school grounds and B. the prinicpal wasn't in.

That was getting me no where so I grabbed the school directory and called psycho girls house. I confronted psycho dad about threatening and berating my son and he replied that my son had been tormenting and teasing his daughter for weeks WRONG(I thought about this later too, if my son had been doing that why hadn't this "good father" done anything about it before) anyways, I informed him that he needed to speak to the other kids that walk home together, as I did, instead of just taking his daughter's story at face value. I also informed him that I had spoken to the other kids, the school and the teacher(I hadn't yet, but I had planned to)and I had NO PROBLEM calling the police if he EVER spoke to my son again. He said that his daughter had said that my son was in the street "beating the crap out of her" and that the "neighborlady" say that. THe kids(the other ones involved, said that the neighbors exact words were "Did that boy just kick that girl?" Because yeah, that's beating the crap out of her

I admitted that my son was wrong by kicking a girl but that his daughter and HER ISSUES needed to stop. I said he knows better than hit/kick a girl and he is in trouble for it. Psycho Dad's response "sounds like he DON"T KNOW NO BETTER" :rolleyes great grammer
    I told him that I want his daughter kept AWAY from my son and I would keep my son away from his daughter. He said "yeah he needs to be away from her" I said trust me me he doesn't want to be around her. I somehow managed to stay calm enough to say thank you and hang up.(which he didn't deserve)

Then I called my son's teacher, all the kids are in the same class. I told her exactly what my son and the other kids that walk home together said happened. SHe was shocked and said she in no way believed that he had been tormenting psycho girl for weeks and that she would bring ALL the kids that walk home together in tomorrow and question them all. She said she would also contact the principal.

Last, I contacted M's(ky's friend)mom so she knows, so she knows what happened. I tried to contact J's mom but no one was home.

Now I know Ky shouldn't have kicked the girl and he does too. He's in trouble for it and he's being punished for it. But no way did he deserve to be yelled at, berated and threatened by some random adult!
    But what do I do about letting him walk home? If psycho dad see's no problem in yelling at the kids like that and yelling at me who knows what hes like. Our addy is in the school register he could show up at any time! Do I take the big step and call the police or do I wait and see if anything happens with the school tomorrow?

UGH I am still sooooooo pissed!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• off in lala land

Re: What is WRONG with people

Disguy has a uncle Vito that can take care of your Ky's problem.
    ...it's been a long time.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

OMG! I am so sorry Tina! That is horrible. I say call the police. It is not his business to confront a child in that manner.

Give Kyler a hug from me.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

• Again! Again! Again!

Bullies Unite!!!!!

Edit to add: I meant the fun bullies on the boards to beat up the big bad ugly bully.
    Last edited by Grumpy4; 03-13-2006 at 05:07 PM.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Follow the kids home yourself. But do it from a distance so the kids don't know they are being watched. You can see for your own eyes what's going on. Just a thought.
    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

• HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DMCA!

wow!, I am so sorry that this is happening. I HATE bullies! And it seems that girls can be the worst. I know he was wrong for kicking her, but so was she and he was just reacting! It would have been hard for anyone to hold back in that situation. She's lucky he didn't throw her on the ground and start punching! I would definitely write all this down, send copies to the school, etc. so you have it on record. See what kind of progress the teacher/school makes and if it happens again in any way, shape or form, even if it seems minor, I would call the police. That totally stinks! Good luck.

It's always me

• They wanna know, HO!

You did everything right, infact, if anything happens again, call the cops. But remember, don't stoop down to his level.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Seriously, I was going to say you should call the cops before I even got to that part. However, now I say let the teacher do what she said she would do and talk to the principal after she does. Tell Kyler to try and stay away from her. He and his friends can try staying an extra few minutes at school or try walking faster to be away from her. Tell his friends and him that if she ever touches him again, you are calling the police and the police will probably want to talk to all of them to get the true story. I mean it, just one time if she touches him at all, you call them. A tiny shove, anything. It will still be your word against their's and depend on what the other kids say but even now you could call and say that the guy threatened you because he did threaten Kyler and Kurt.

That kid needs to be brought down a peg, she's already acting like that at this age? That's scary!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• Waiting for the stork

Holy Crap!!! He DID NOT just yell at your kid?!?!?!?!

First I agree with Cindebella, Ky is wrong, but given that his bad knee was just kicked...It's reactionary...and that all he did was kick an ankle is pretty good control for a kid if you ask me.

I would follow all the advice so far...Document this incident, send a copy to the teacher and principal, follow the kids home for a few days, but I would also contact the police...for an adult to make threats to a child (even minor) and berate and scare a child like that is just wrong...and the man needs to know it. If you contact the police and and at least have a complaint on record then if, that's a big IF,anything ever comes of this, you have a history documented with this family.
    But to repeat someone earlier...do not stoop to his level

Good Luck sweetie, and give Ky a big hug for me too...
    call if you want to talk.
    procrastibating

• cold kickin' it.

has kurt heard about this?
    I don't party like I used to, I party twice as hard as before....

• Quality not quantity

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    she kicks or smacks him daily.... and tossed in a kick with all her might, to his bad knee.

He responded by kicking her in the ankle WHICH HE WAS IN THE WRONG FOR and is in trouble for
    Why in the hell would he be in trouble for that? Bullies (of either sex) pray on the weak, they don't respond to "talks" or "time outs" Personally the only issue I would have (based on your facts) is why stop at one kick? Kick the tar out of the bully. Don't stop swinging until someone pulls you off. That's how you deal with a bully. Get this issue addressed why they are still young.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Remember that one time where Mr. Brady went over to the bully's house to see what was going on with Peter and then he got into a fight with the bully's dad? And then they both had steaks on their eyes? That was a good one.

That said...I can't believe how rational you were. Way to go, Dmom. I would have freaked out on that father. Most schools have a no bullying policy- this kid could be suspended if there is a history here. Leave a message for the principal to call you back tomorrow. Go from there.
    A signature should go here.

• Again! Again! Again!

That guy is lame. He should have totally have done his homework before he lashed out at Ky. Not to mention, he had NO BUSINESS yelling at a kid!!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

I think that's totally lame of that girl's dad. I'd get EVERYONE's story first before even raising my voice, let alone do that to a child.

That said, I think we all should go over to the father's house wearing Mickey Ears and kick him in the knee.

A lot.

Over and over again.

Until he cries.

Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast