Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Man O Lantern

The Auction is OVER.....

I somewhat disappeared for a while from MiceChat to work more-than-full-time on my daughter's preschool auction this last month.

The auction was last night and it went flawlessly!! Good food, good wine, great beer, amazing auction items, and an energetic crowd! I actually didn't even have to work, I was able to work the crowd, see old friends, meet new people, it was great! I had more fun last night than I did last year, and I was in charge!

We raised over $39,000 for the preschool....last year we did $23,000, which was great for us, so we just about had a heart attack this morning when we got everything totaled. Seriously, the teacher was crying, and I was actually speechless. We knew the live auction was a hit--everything went for waaaay over value (we ended up with the painting that we wanted!), and the overnight packages were a HUGE success, but the rest of the silent auction just blew us away. We had 419 items on the tables, a lot for a silent auction, but they all did amazingly well, had some major bid wars going on!

We were able to buy Courtney's summer camp, horseriding lessons, two months of ballet classes, three months of gymnastics, overnight stay at our favorite Portland boutique hotel with dinner and spa, we bought in on two other live auction items with some other couples--a summer taco party with a popular local chef and a party hosted by the teacher for eight kids (we got to raise our paddle A LOT, it was fun!), Kelly got some acupuncture treatments, two massages, a homebrewing set-up (complete with in-home help!), hockey tix, a soccer birthday party, slots at a Pump it Up Party, a tea party at Peanut Butter and Ellies, slot at another garden tea party, a family night of laser tag and dinner, a Dixie Laws linocut, slots at a cocktail party, and we got a few seats in a Blazers executive suite for next week....in other words, we spent what I might have used to go down to Disneyland this spring!!

My mom bought quite a bit of stuff, too. She gave me $1000 to burn for her...and I burned it! Some overnights, tickets to shows, more horseriding, spa stuff. She took the kids for us for a few days so I could get everything done with no distractions and so they could have some fun at her house. It was great!

We got renters in our other house a few weeks ago, thank goodness!! That was so stressful with everything else going on.

The older two girls are starting softball, and they're doing spring soccer (no practices, juuuust games!), and Cass is taking swim lessons. Chloe is doing swimming, gymnastics, and a soccer class. So our spring is going to be nuts, but all about the kids. We're SO freaking sick of the auction, we're ready to just do kid things.

Kelly's uncle died on Wednesday, and the funeral is Tuesday. He wanted to die, so he left his assisted living place to die at home last week with no notice to anyone in our family. It's been awful.

And on Thursday morning, I was running errands and came home to a phone call from a reporter at The Oregonian. He wanted my reaction to the news that our school was closing. WTF?!?!?! That was how I found out that our school is getting the ax in 2007. It's not for sure yet, but it sounds like a done deal. Ugh. I haven't had time to process yet, but the middle school two blocks behind our house will be converted to a K-8 school and it looks like NO OTHER SCHOOLS will feed into it, so it actually sounds like a really really great thing for us...the families in our current school are amazing, the families from the two other schools that currently feed into our middle school are not so hot...so it might be a better thing for us in the long run? That's my thinking right now...but we're still crushed. Our elementary school is one of the best in the city, so it's a huge loss, we just need more details.

Long story short:

Auction over, big success. We bought too much. Oh well.

Girls just about into crazyass spring schedule and I've never looked forward to it more!

Death in the family, sad.

Elementary school closure.

I've missed MiceChat!!!

~Claire

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: The Auction is OVER.....

Welcome back!

Sounds like you've been busy (to say the least). Great success though!

Sorry to hear about the loss in the family.

You'll be at 4,000 in no time!

We always enjoy your posts!

• Why do you keep talking?

I'm so Happy the Auction went so well, you put a lot of freakin' work into it! (and money too ) It's sad about the Uncle, but he got his way in the end, and I'm sure he's in a better place now.

Welcome back.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• most magical vaca ever

Glad to hear the auction went so well

Sorry to hear about the death in the family

Glad to see ya back on MC
    ~~~~~~

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Wow . . . ain't life crazy sometimes?

Welcome back. We missed you.

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Welcome back, MIAbell!!

How we have missed you. And I really needed to see your smiling... uh, name... this morning!!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• Waiting for the stork

Welcome Back Honey We've missed you.

Congratulations on the Auction...You worked your butt off, and you made it a fantastic success. That Pre-school is lucky to have you.

SAounds like your spring will be crazy too, but a good crazy Have fun with your girls.

Sorry to hear about Kelly's Uncle

Glad you finally got Renters

It sounds like everything is finally settleing back down for you....it's nice to have you back, we've really missed you.

Now, I'm Dying over here.....What about the Baby Shower???
    procrastibating

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Yeah, what about the crazy baby shower???

Congrats, good luck, I'm so sorry, and maybe the school thing will work out for the best in the end. We miss you, get down here.
    A signature should go here.

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Cool Re: The Auction is OVER.....

Congratulations Claire! That's good money for the preschool. My mom works for a school for kids with special needs (Preschool-High school). I love those kids and volunteer my time for the school whenever I can.

I'd like to know how you were so successful. the school has a fundraiserunlike what your school just did and I know thye would love to hear some suggestions about how to do things better. (No need to answer me publically if you don't want to-a PM will do just fine)
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• My cuties!

Yay!!! You're back!!! I'm so glad the auction was a huge success! Sorry about Kelly's uncle. I heard about those school closures on the news; glad it will end up being okay in the long run for you!

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Welcome Back! Glad the auction was a success and sorry to hear about Kelly's uncle.
    Hope all turns out well with the school.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Stinkerbell, Stinkerbell, Stinkerbell
    The name is familar, I can't seem to place it though.

Oh well whomever you are, that auction is more than over that's a bondife success!

I'm so sorry to hear about Kelly's uncle

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• /sigh

Phew! Sounds like a rollercoaster of emotions for you. Glad to see you're recovering....and back
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Again! Again! Again!

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    Long story short:

Auction over, big success. We bought too much. Oh well.

Girls just about into crazyass spring schedule and I've never looked forward to it more!

Death in the family, sad.

Elementary school closure.

I've missed MiceChat!!!

~Claire
    WHEW!!! I'm glad your auction went so well! And that you made a bigger profit than last year! I know how hard you have been working on it and I'm glad that it was a success for you.

I'm so sorry about K's uncle. My thoughts are with you and your family.

I hope that even with your crazyass spring that you'll be on MC a little more! Always good to see you here!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• For old time sake

whoooo who Stinkybuttbelle is back!!!!!!! You've been missed!!!!

\_/
    l

A Vanilla lemon drop martini for you
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast