• R.I.P. Mandy

Canadian Seal Hunt

I just now read about the upcoming Canadian seal hunt and its previous episodes. I was horrified. The short version- they're going to kill thousands of seals just for their fur. I found a petition online and signed it, and if you feel alright doing so (probably some people feel irked about signing online petitions), I urge you to sign it too.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/566342047

PS- mods, I'm not sure whether this is against the rules or not, and I apologize if it is.
    Introducing- The Geek Tutorial! The new informational webseries on computers and the geekiness of life.

Screw eHarmony- I met my soulmate at Star Trek: The Experience.

Random funny exchange from Star Trek: The Experience:

BF: "If you take any photos on the attraction, we will shoot you with a phaser."
    Guest: "On stun?"
    BF: "Maybe....."
    Me: "I wouldn't trust him."

• most magical vaca ever

Re: Canadian Seal Hunt

I signed it Sally!!!

How can they sleep at night
    ~~~~~~

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Yeah, people up here are pretty mad about it, we've been urging the government to put a stop to it but it's a huge tradition in that area, not much to do in Newfoundland...

The Animals rights associations are not honest at all about it. The white young seals that they always show as the victims? Since 1987, its illegal to hunt them, yet, associations still play on people's feelings by showing their picture.

Their population has grown 500% since the 70's. The fish population in their areas has shrunk so much due to them, fishermen are out of work. Did they inform you of that?

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMTFan
    The Animals rights associations are not honest at all about it. The white young seals that they always show as the victims? Since 1987, its illegal to hunt them, yet, associations still play on people's feelings by showing their picture.

Their population has grown 500% since the 70's. The fish population in their areas has shrunk so much due to them, fishermen are out of work. Did they inform you of that?
    If that is all true (which it could be) then truth has no place in a battle of emotions.

Not that I don't agree Sally- whether they be cute white ones or dark brown ones- however I also support reasonable hunts on animals who have an out of control population.

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

J'ai su cela *shifty eyes* (sorry, I had to, I saw you were from Quebec)

• I Hug My Tapirs

The fish population in their areas has shrunk so much due to them, fishermen are out of work.
    And I'm sure that overfishing has had nothing to do with that.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by xfkirsten
    And I'm sure that overfishing has had nothing to do with that.
    Didn't you hear, the seals are using big nets to catch their dinner! Yeah, I've seen those seals eat fish. They eat like 3 fish a day! Stupid seals, wanting to eat!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

I have always admired the argument that we must continue to bash the heads of seals to help the new generation of seal hunters, as if employment were an excuse for mass slaughter. And if the argument is over-population, then, so what? Nature has a way of balancing it all out without us meddling into it.
    Tref ...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Just signed the petition, my mother told me about this last night.

I'm so disgusted. Humas deplete nature's resources and in turn kill off animals all the time...when seals need to actually eat, the solution is to kill them off. Amazing.

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    Didn't you hear, the seals are using big nets to catch their dinner! Yeah, I've seen those seals eat fish. They eat like 3 fish a day! Stupid seals, wanting to eat!
    Oh, silly me! Why didn't I ever think of that? Those pigs! They should only be eating TWO.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."