• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Dark History of Bed & Breakfasts???

Is it just me, or do many Bed & Breakfasts seem to have dark grizzly pasts?

I mean I have heard about many murder stories that took place in buildings before those buildings became Bed & Breakfasts. Why does it seem that buildings with grizzly pasts get turned into Bed & Breakfasts? Is it because no one else would buy the building?

Plus I watch all these "Ghost shows" on Sci-Fi & Travel Channel and all they do is tell stories of Haunted Inns & Bed & Breakfasts that have grizzly pasts where people were murdered in the buildings.

I mean take places such as the Myrtle Plantation, the Lizzy Borden house, etc for example. They are all places that have had many murders in them and are now Bed & Breakfasts.

But I am curious as to how many Bed & Breakfasts now reside in buildings where murders were committed compared to Bed & Breakfasts that are brand new. Any one know?

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

Re: Dark History of Bed & Breakfasts???

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Is it just me, or do many Bed & Breakfasts seem to have dark grizzly pasts?

I mean I have heard about many murder stories that took place in buildings before those buildings became Bed & Breakfasts. Why does it seem that buildings with grizzly pasts get turned into Bed & Breakfasts? Is it because no one else would buy the building?

Plus I watch all these "Ghost shows" on Sci-Fi & Travel Channel and all they do is tell stories of Haunted Inns & Bed & Breakfasts that have grizzly pasts where people were murdered in the buildings.

I mean take places such as the Myrtle Plantation, the Lizzy Borden house, etc for example. They are all places that have had many murders in them and are now Bed & Breakfasts.

But I am curious as to how many Bed & Breakfasts now reside in buildings where murders were committed compared to Bed & Breakfasts that are brand new. Any one know?
    yeah, i have a book on haunted places, and their a few B&B's that are haunted

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

But why is it that many places where people got murdered get turned into things like Bed & Breakfasts? Is it because no one else would buy the property even though it would be cheaper than usual?

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    But why is it that many places where people got murdered get turned into things like Bed & Breakfasts? Is it because no one else would buy the property even though it would be cheaper than usual?
    who knows. I think since these things happen a long time ago, and the houses were so nice, that they put them in historical heritage squares, and turned them into B&B's. The one's i've seen are in heritage squares, like in San Diego.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

....Or maybe the murders drove down the value of the house, because no one would buy "murder houses", and many business men & women see this as a way to buy a very beautiful building for cheap so that they can make a profit.

I know the local B&B is rumored to be haunted. Used to be a church as well.

Why do they turn them into B&Bs? I guess because 1- they're old, 2- only the pretty historical stuff gets preserved, and 3- what else ya gonna do with an old, pretty building? It's either a museum or a B&B.

Grisly past and all.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Minion

Blog Entries

pretty old buildings get moved into here....except the old sanitarium....but it is owned!