Come on now....!!!!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Re: Man Forgets Baby

It happens to the best of us.

I'm sure we ALL have a few children we aren't admitting to.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Well my mom forgot to pick me up from school last week...It gets the best of us at times.

• Original Mice-Chatter

at least it did not end badly- as they so often do.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I don't know- not sure I would forget my child in the car
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I have never forgotten my daughter but I did lose her once. I had never been more terrified in my entire life. You wouldn't believe the things that go through your head when that happens AND IT WAS AT WDW!!!

I was on vacation with my two girls and we got back to Pop Century and started walking back to the room. Well my oldest ran ahead ( no big deal the room was right around the corner from the bus station) So my youngest who was 5 at the time runs ahead to catch up with her sister.
    There was this bush at the corner where we turned right, then two left paths. One went right to our room door and the other off and behind the building. So I walk around the corner and I see my oldest standing at the door and no C. I started freaking out....

So I went into the room and called security, we had 4 people at our door in 30 seconds. We started walking down the different paths that she could have taken looking for her.

Apparently when she made that right hand turn, she took the left handed path that went around the building and was gone before I made the turn.
    We found her around the corner, balling her eyes out, poor baby, I felt like such a heel.

The security lady was really nice and even bought us free ice cream. (Although that helped them and not me. LOL) Needless to say for the rest of the trip I wouldn't let her walk outside 3 feet of me.

I would just die if anything happened to my kids so while I don't excuse this guy I do tend to be a little more objective when things go wrong for people.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

thats so aweful!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

This one time I was having dinner with Grumpy4 and her mom at Naples in DtD, and there was a family sitting at the table behind us. It looked like mom, dad, uncle (extra male person anyway), 4 year old girl, baby in stroller. We're eating our dinner, sitting outside, enjoying ourselves and then the waiter comes over and asks if we saw that family leave. I'm thinking they walked out on their check or something.

No. They left the baby sleeping in the stroller. The stroller, the baby...and nobody else. Security came, they call Anaheim PD ....meanwhile, we're now babysitting. Luckily the kids stays asleep the whole time. 20 minutes later, the dad comes running up, finally, all panicky. The police come. And then the mom comes. And she sees the dad with the police and SHE KNOWS and she is livid.

Mom and daughter had left first to go grab something at the Disney store. Dad thought mom had baby, mom assumed Dad would notice the stroller and take care of the baby...so Dad and the uncle guy paid the bill and they left. Thank goodness it was an honest mistake and everything worked out in the end. The dad was mortified, absolutely mortified.

And the manager offered us free dessert for babysitting!
    A signature should go here.

• Still wants to be a cat!

I guess it happens quite often, but I personally have never left Wolfette behind on accident, have tried on purpose, but it never seems to work! LOL!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

It seems like it's always the dads. Not being sexist, just making an obeservation. I don't think I've heard of a mom forgetting her child yet, but I've heard about at least 4 dads within the past couple of years. Most recently, a professor at Cal State Fullerton forgot his baby in the car which resulted in the death of the child. There was another case awhile back where the dad put the car seat on top of the car and drove off. As a rule, it seems that most moms have a routine, but if a dad is asked to fill in, he can be more than clueless at times and very absent minded, especially when under pressure.

Having said that and speaking as a dad, I can't imagine forgetting that one of my kids was in the car with me.

• The Unknown Princess

Unfortunately, I have heard of a mom forgetting a child in the car while she went work...below is a link to the story...

Mom forgot child in car
    Always keep smiling because you never know who is falling in love with it.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Part of the Disney Ohana

--------------------------------------------------------

• All you need is LOVE

How sad poor baby I am sure dad feels bad.

• Life is Great!

the moms i have read about left the kids inthe car on purpose, one was local and she put her kid in the trunk while she went to the bar. i too could never forget mine!
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

• That Guy

On the bright side, this kiddo is going to have some guilt leverage on her Dad for the rest of her life!!!

kid: Dad, can I have $20 to go see a movie?

Dad: Uh, no, you're room is dirty.

Kid: Well, it's dirty so you know I live here and don't forget me again.

Dad: Will two tens work?

• Waiting for the stork

I kinda feel bad for the dad...I know you would expect me to be livid...but I can't tell you how many parents I see who forget a kid somewhere...happens a lot, particularly if the baby is sleeping... often as in SusieP's example there is major mis-communication.
    Also when it's a very young baby, sleep deprivasion can play a big part in the parents missplaced child.....

at least in the cases where the parent genuinly makes a mistake...It's a different story when the parent does it on purpose
    procrastibating

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast