• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Where Are The Bruin Backers?

Again I realize that MiceChat is not exactly a sports-oriented forum. But since we have so very many loyal members of FOTA...those backers of the University of Spoiled Children...I must ask...

Are there any UCLA supporters here? Is there a MiceChat blackout in Westwood? I'm not even a UCLA grad (Cal State Fullerton)...but I've always been a Bruin Backer in football and basketball (actually, I'd root for Fullerton, but they have no more football, and basketball isn't what it once was, but talk about baseball....)

Anyway, here we are with the Bruins making just their first Final Four apppearance in 11 years...knocking off a number one seed...

How bout it, MiceChat Bruin Backers...

We can show those FOTA'ers where to...well, let's keep it nice....

Barry

Ps...this may seem like a SoCal thing to those that live out of the area. USC-UCLA is still a tremendous rivalry though and there are alums around the world.
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 03-26-2006 at 10:14 AM.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Where Are The Bruin Backers?

I'll talk to myself here just to give this a fair chance. I know from experience that USC's alumni sports boosters are alot more in number, and better organized (Ventura County, for example, hasa very active "Trojan club").

And I see here that FOTA has a number of members. But especially when it comes to basketball, look at the tradition you Bruin alums have. The greatest coach ever - John Wooden.
    And now, Ben Howland has them back in the Final Four for the first time since Jim Harrick's championship team 11 years ago.

If USC were doing this...a) I'd look to see if the earth were spinning the other way, since it's basketball...and b) FOTA would be all over the place with it.

So once more, does MiceChat make it into Westwood, so to speak? Here's a shoutout for Bruin fans to stand up.

If you like,I'll help form a Bruin alliance here, even though I'm just a fan, not an alum.

Barry

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Yay Bruins!!!!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I am shamelessly reviving this thread to give UCLA Bruin backers, and bashers, one more place to be heard ...as the Bruins make their way to Indy, and a national semi-final date with a guy named "Big Baby" and the Tigers of LSU...

GO BRUINS!!!