Thread: The Mommy Test

• Practically Perfect

Talking The Mommy Test

sorry if you've all heard this already, but I found it today and thought it was great!

I was out walking with my 4 year old daughter. She picked up something off the ground and started to put it in her mouth. I took the item away from her and I asked her not to do that. "Why?" my daughter asked.
    "Because it's been laying outside, you don't know where it's been, it's dirty and probably has germs" I replied.
    At this point,! my daughter looked at me with total admiration and asked, "Wow! How do you know all this stuff?" "Uh," ...I was thinking quickly, " All moms know this stuff. It's on the Mommy Test. You have to know it, or they don't let you be a Mommy."
    We walked along in silence for 2 or 3 minutes, but she was evidently pondering this new information.
    "OH...I get it!" she beamed, "So if you don't pass the test you have to be the daddy."
    "Exactly" I replied back with a big smile on my face and joy in my heart.
    anyone have a good mommy or daddy stories? (after all, there might as well be a point to this thread, right? )

• horsin' around!

Re: The Mommy Test

son is 17& 1/2 now...but when he was about 6..he crawled into bed with me... silence followed....the he said "mama...i know how you can tell when someone really really loves you... " I said "how?" he said "cuz you can put your ice cold feet on them...and they don't move" :-) :-) :-)
    at that moment...i think i passed!

• Waiting for the stork

awwww to both of those...tose are cute and sweet and make me look like this ---> but with big weapy eyes....(love eyes I call em')
    procrastibating

• Practically Perfect

Quote Originally Posted by pixywingz
    son is 17& 1/2 now...but when he was about 6..he crawled into bed with me... silence followed....the he said "mama...i know how you can tell when someone really really loves you... " I said "how?" he said "cuz you can put your ice cold feet on them...and they don't move" :-) :-) :-)
    at that moment...i think i passed!
    awww...that's so cute! thanks for sharing!

• I am a Pluto lover

When my now 16 year old was small and I would catch him doing something wrong he would ask,
    "How did you know I was doing that?"
    I would always reply,
    "Because Mommies know everything. We know what youre up to and we know what your thinking. We know everything"

This worked for quite awhile until the day came when I came in from the back yard and my porch was a little glossier than usual. I asked him what had happen and he said "nothing" I could not get him to fess up to anything. I went in the house to start dinner and ponder how to get it out of him. I reached for the cooking oil and noticed it was "seperated" (watered down) I searched for and found his now cooking oil greased skateboard. After a good laugh in private, I confronted him and again told him, "See, Mommies know everything" to which he replied,
    "O.K., if you know everything, what happens next in the book we are reading in class?"

I think I failed my Mommy test at that point....
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• Sock Puppet

My mom tells me this story all the time.

When I was little, she would catch me doing things and I'd ask, "How did you know that?" and she'd reply that she has eyes in the back of her head. One day, we were in the car, and my mom felt two little hands digging in her hair, and she asked, "What are you doing?" and I said, "I'm looking for the eyes in the back of your head!"

• All you need is LOVE

Quote Originally Posted by quasimodo1384
    sorry if you've all heard this already, but I found it today and thought it was great!

anyone have a good mommy or daddy stories? (after all, there might as well be a point to this thread, right? )
    Great story I love it

• Merry 2014!

We had the mommy test in our family too. However, according to family lore, if you failed the mommy test you got to be a mommy because you needed to learn how to be a mommy. She used to say she failed it five times because she had five kids! When my sister was pregnant we used to tell her she failed the mommy test too. LOL
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Clearing my Calendar

When I was little I was convinced my mom had special powers and could see through walls and such! She had punished me for something and left me to stand in timeout in her room. Her room was directly adjacent to the kitchen, where I knew she had gone.

So I turned to the wall facing the kitchen and stuck my tongue out. Proud of myself, I peered around the door frame and saw her storming out of the kitchen. Once in the room she punished me specifically for sticking my tongue out!

In retrospect, I suspect my tongue was accompanied by the infamous "Nyaaaaahhhhh". Being a small house, she undoubtedly heard it and knew what it meant.

But I wasn't a difficult child. Super powers Mommy!
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Practically Perfect

these stories are awsome! Thanks to everyone who shared!