Page 100 of 134 FirstFirst ... 507590979899100101102103110125 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2003

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: The Talkin' Baseball Thread

I repeat the question from my earlier post about good blogs, team message board sites, etc.

Thank you.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I've been an admirer of Sciosia's for many years even though I'm not a Dodger fan. He played under one of the better managers of the era, and has became one of the best himself now.
    I talked to Scioscia two weekends ago in Tempe. He signed a ball for Disneykat and told my friend and I that we would definitely win the division this year.

I had this high tech type question for fans here. Do you know of really gtood Angel, or other team, or baseball in general "blogs" and unofficial fan sites and message boards? Let us know here so that I and the rest of the bunch can check em out! Thanks!
    Barry - www.angelsfanforum.com is where I post. My screen name is HaloLove. Please join us!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

• In Blackberry Rehab

^ beat me to it!

Aren't they looking toward Weaver, though (Jered, that is of course) to eventually be the ace?
    Eventually yes, but to me Big John has that make-up of a Nolan-esque type of pitcher. Jered, if he's not careful with that shoulder, is going to end up like Mark Prior. Hopefully he'll log some quality innings this year and battle test that golden arm of his.

We've got a lot of potential aces on the squad, and there's no better time to be an Angels fan! Here's to hoping that we trade for a bat before the deadline, and make a push for that second ring.

-Jason

honk if you see me at disneyland!

I read that the Dodgers are raising parking from $10 to $15. They are also going to have attendants directing cars to parking spots and that unless you are a season ticket holder, you will have to exit the same way you entered.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator

Blog Entries

That's a huge increase for one year.

Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

It appears that inDemand is going to match DirecTVs offer for the baseball Extra Innings package. So cable subscribers (like me!!) will still be able to get the package without having to switch to DirecTV.

• Minion

Hi Baseball Fans only about a week and a half to go!! Go Angels

Just over three weeks before BarbaraAnn and company, and I attend Tim Salmon night at the Angels game on April 3rd. I wanted to give BarbaraAnn some idea of our vantage point for the contest.
    Have fun, 4/3 is going to be my first game of the season. Can't wait!

• NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

An ALL L.A. Area World Series this year???

S.I. Says so.... Angels over the Dodgers... (So consider yourselves S.I. CURSED L.A.!)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...x.html?cnn=yes
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJenn View Post
    That's a huge increase for one year.
    At least a little of that is to pay for the extra parking attendants that will be necessary with this plan.

From the L.A. Times...

VERO BEACH, FLA. — Parking at Dodger Stadium has usually involved a warm breeze, a tight squeeze and a $10 pinch to the pocketbook.

The gentle wind blowing across the parking lot on balmy summer nights won't change, but this season the free-for-all to get in and out of the stadium should give way to a more orderly system.

As for the pinch, ouch. Parking has gone up from $10 to $15.

About 20,000 cars park at the stadium for most games, so the 50% price increase works out to $100,000 a game in additional revenue, or $8.2 million for the season. About 15% of that will go toward paying about 100 additional parking attendants — double the current number — who will direct fans into specific parking spaces.

"We are doing everything in our power to make the parking situation better," Dodgers owner Frank McCourt said Tuesday. "It costs money to do that. We will invest the proceeds into solving the problem."
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...29,print.story

I say give this a chance. Yes, the price is a bit steep but how much is your time worth, and how many years of your life have you spent getting into and out of that stadium's ill-conceived parking design? And how many times have you felt like you were taking your life into your own hands circling that lot looking for a way out?

I'm not a Dodger fan, but it is a beautiful facility to watch a game in and the view beyond centerfield at sunset is unmatched in baseball.

--Barry

PS...the better news is that the team may finally be getting serious about public transportation options to the park, which for now about 95 per cent of Southern Californians are just not a viable choice at all.

Final point: If Frank McCourt knows about anything, it's about parking cars.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• most magical vaca ever

11 days and counting ...

Looks like this may just be Arods last year in pinstripes
    ~~~~~~

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Final point: If Frank McCourt knows about anything, it's about parking cars.

Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DMof2 View Post
    11 days and counting ...

Looks like this may just be Arods last year in pinstripes
    A couple of the sportstalk hosts out here say that the Yankees might be interested in trading him now...the hosts are suggesting they'd be interested in one of the Angels young starting pitchers, and maybe a Howie Kendrick or a Brendan Wood.

No question, A-Rod would fit nicely in that offense-challenged Angel lineup.

But the Angels cannot over-pay in a trade. Depends on what the deal is.

But why wouldn't the Yanks want to move this guy before he walks at year's end?

--Barry

•   
      MiceChat Moderator

Blog Entries

I hate the Angels always get brought up in A-Rod trade scenarios.

I can't stand the guy.

When I was a kid, I enjoyed going to Dodger Stadium. As I've gotten older, that's changed. It is no longer the family friendly place it once was.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

GO DODGERS!!

That is all..thank you.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator

Blog Entries

That is all.