Page 101 of 134 FirstFirst ... 5176919899100101102103104111126 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2003

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: The Talkin' Baseball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJenn View Post

That is all.
    Jared Weaver and Chone Figgins now down with injury.

That is all.

I will be out of town for a few days, just posting this here and elsewhere so my MC friends won't worry like they did berorw when I used to just disappear. See ya Monday or Tuessday.

---Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

CNN SI had prediction of: the Los Angeles Dodgers vs Los Angeles ,California Angels of Anaheim of the United States of America in the Northern Hemisphere, to meet in the World Series!
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

• In Blackberry Rehab

But why wouldn't the Yanks want to move this guy before he walks at year's end?
    If he does walk, I'm really hoping the Angels don't take a flier on him. Let's have him ruin another team with his spotty defense and can't-hit-in-the-clutch ways.

Possible suitors? Seattle, Cubbies, Boston, LAD, and any other team with hords of money to spend.

I'd rather get a guy like Andruw Jones. That guy is money, and he'll defininitely make it in his walk year this coming off-season.

honk if you see me at disneyland!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goofygoof View Post
    CNN SI had prediction of: the Los Angeles Dodgers vs Los Angeles ,California Angels of Anaheim of the United States of America in the Northern Hemisphere, to meet in the World Series!
    That's Tom Verducci, from the article I read in this week's Sports Illustrated (one and the same, of course).

The jinx is already working on the Angels. (First Weaver and now Figgins)

And it's already working on Dodger fans...restricted parking and a 5 buck increase!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Don't you know that ther's no such thing as "jinxes"?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Don't you know that ther's no such thing as "jinxes"?
    I know you're right. Let's just call them...incredibly timed coincidences...of things that have happened to people featured, especially on the cover, of SI. And John Maddens pro football video game box.

--Barry

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    That's Tom Verducci, from the article I read in this week's Sports Illustrated (one and the same, of course).

The jinx is already working on the Angels. (First Weaver and now Figgins)

And it's already working on Dodger fans...restricted parking and a 5 buck increase!

wait till driefort-itis kicks in
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

• Goofy

go dodgers whooo

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

wait till driefort-itis kicks in
    Well I was thinking more along the lines of Kerry Wood and Mark Prior in "Chicagoland", but that is a great example of about the worst dollars-per-major league win ratio just about ever...sure hope it doesn't come to that.

There used to be a day, like with the 60s Dodgers and to a lesser extent the Earl Weaver Orioles, where pitching and defense without a bigtime offense could win pennants.

In today's game you still need the first two (remember the Angels were terrible defensively last year) and you need to score at least fairly well too (the Angels were horrid offensively last year).

Off the soap box, goin to the rosin bag...

--Barry

Again, gang, gone til early next week.

--Barry

I think there's a lot that would affect a trade for A-Rod. If the Yankees are in the thick of a pennant race, and A-Rod is an integral part of it, then it's not likely they trade him, even if he were probably going to leave at the end of the year. I can see the Angels parting with a pitcher like Santana, and the Yankees are probably going to ask for a bullpen stud and top prospect like Wood. I don't see the Angels giving up Wood along with a strong starting pitcher. Especially when they're going to have to pay the guy over $20 million per year. Plus, the more the year wears on, Moreno knows he's going to have a shot at him in free agency without giving up Santana OR Wood.

Dodgers could use him at third base, but they're not going to give up multiple major prospects for him, plus it means they have to deal with Boras. I'm sure they'd demand a window to negotiate an extension so they don't have to deal with another opt-out clause. I could see them giving up a prospect like Loney, but the Yankees are probably going to want a pitcher, plus Loney AND Kemp, and I don't see Colletti doing that.

I think ultimately he'll end up playing out the year with the Yankees and then if he does become a free agent, I can see a bidding war between the Giants, Mariners, Angels and Dodgers for him, and in that case, I think Moreno would likely outbid any of those other owners.

As a Dodger fan, I'd love to have that bat, but I'm a little wary of superstar free agents from New York after the last one we had (Dar-ryl).

• In Blackberry Rehab

Stoneman needs to focus his attention over to trading for M-Cab over in Florida.

honk if you see me at disneyland!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I figured I'd post here as well since you all are the biggest baseball fans we have on MiceChat.

We have one spot left in our fantasy baseball league.

For any one still interested, go to Yahoo Fantasy Sports, the league ID is 154610 and the password is dustysage.

Anyone is free to join us!

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

Making fun of the Angels name is so last year.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

GO DODGERS!

That is all...thank you

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Anders View Post
    I figured I'd post here as well since you all are the biggest baseball fans we have on MiceChat.

We have one spot left in our fantasy baseball league.

For any one still interested, go to Yahoo Fantasy Sports, the league ID is 154610 and the password is dustysage.

Anyone is free to join us!
    What is this fantasy baseball thing...I'm trying to find it on yahoo and can't...anyone have a direct link?

Edit: NEVERMIND! found it...