Page 103 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3537893100101102103104105106113128 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2003

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: The Talkin' Baseball Thread

It's hard to believe that this thread will mark its one year anniversary on Sunday 4/1.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    The 2006 Major League Baseball Season is upon us - it officially starts tomorrow (Sunday) night when the defending champion Chicago White Sox host the improving Cleveland Indians. Most teams open their seasons Monday or Tuesday.

Off the field, as usual, there's plenty to talk about...from the Bonds/steroids fiasco, to the game's continuing competitive and economic imbalance which has virtually doomed once-proud franchises like Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, and Kansas City among others.

Still, like the author says...Life Begins On Opening Day.

My team? The Angels. The Angels that play in Anaheim. Yeah, the name-change thing. I just call em..the Angels. Looks like we won't be seeing as much of em on TV round here this season...

Dodger fans... Cubs or White Sox fans...Twins fans...
    everybody's welcome here, and we'll try to provide a close-to-daily account of the "news of the day" as we go along...do we have to accept Yankee fans too? ...
    Wellll...OKAYYY....

Play ball!

Barry

EDIT PS...I called the thread "Talkin' Baseball" in honor of the great Terry Cashman song...honoring Willie (Mays), Mickey (Mantle) and the Duke (Snider)...
    Thanks to everyone that has, and hopefully will continue to contribute to this thread about the grand old game.
    The 2007 season officially begins Sunday night with a rematch of last year's National League championship series....the Mets and Cardinals. The Dodgers open on Monday in Milwaukee, with the Angels home to Texas.

Play ball!!!

And thanks for the support of this thread.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Tonight the Dodgers are having their way, leading the Angels 10-4 in the 6th inning. The Dodgers are improved, and should win the National League West this year.

Finale of the spring tomorrow at 6pm at Angel Stadium...then, after the Mets-Cardinals Sunday night opener, the season starts for real Monday...

Fun!

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• In Blackberry Rehab

Hey Everyone--

Just planned a baseball roadtrip.

Bought tickets to the Angels Sox game in Boston for August 19th in Boston so there would be no turning back.

Here's my itinerary.

Aug 10- Leave Newport Beach

Aug 11- Open road, stop in Amarillo, TX

Aug 12- Arrive in St. Louis, MO. Catch the Cards play the Dodgers.

Aug 13- Arrive in Dyersville, IA to visit the Field of Dreams. We should roll into Chicago, IL later that night.

Aug 14- Catch the Cubbies play the Reds.

Aug 15- Arrive in Cleveland, OH. Tribe plays the AL Champs at the Jake.

Aug 16- Arrive in Pittsburgh, PA. The Pirates play the Mets tonight, and afterwards STYX (yes, STYX) performs accompanied by fireworks.

Aug 17- Arrive in Scranton, PA and find Poor Richards (The Office fans, eat your hearts out).

Aug 18- Arrive in NYC, watch the Yanks and Tigers play during the day.

Aug 19- Finally get to Boston, MA and watch our beloved Angels take on the Red Sox. Leave for Cooperstown, NY after the day game.

Aug 20- Visit Hall of Fame in Cooperstown.

Aug 21- Arrive in Philadelphia, PA to watch the Phillies and Dodgers (again).

Aug 22- Arrive in Baltimore, MD to watch the Orioles take on the Rangers.

Aug 23- Arrive in Cincinnati, OH for the Reds-Braves match up.

Aug 24- Arrive in Louisville, KY to get some bats at the Louisville Slugger factory.

Aug 25- Road.

Aug 26- Arrive in Phoenix, AZ to end with the D'backs-Cubs game.

Aug 27- Finally home.

The way these two plus weeks shaped out couldn't have been any better; it's as if the Baseball Gods looked down on us and smiled.

My question to you is, what other stops would you guys recommend we take on this trip? Is there any landmark you suggest we stop at, baseball related or not, that we should stop and gawk at? We'd like to stop by the new Grand Canyon glass walk, maybe even Carlsbad Caverns.

Any suggestions are appreciated, and wish us luck!

-jason

honk if you see me at disneyland!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Wow! wow wow wow! Did I say wow! Jason - that is the kind of two weeks that I dream of...and you are doing it! What an itinerary - including places like Yankee Stadium, Fenway and Cooperstown.

My only comment is that there is, IMHO something wrong with a trip where you catch the Dodgers twice as many times as the Angels !

But nice going...wow...wow wow wow!

--Barry

• most magical vaca ever

OMG I can barely contain myself!!! 2 more days!!!

Although I cannot make it to opening day I will be glued to my tv
    ~~~~~~

• Queen of Sarcasm

I want to see a Cardinals game. I went to school with one of the pitchers. His younger brother and I were in the same class and we go to the same church. I see him during off season on occasion. The guy is also one of my cousin's ex's, LoL.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

Papa Bear - I am going to see the Angels play at Fenway next month. I'll let you know how it goes!

Nice night at Angel Stadium. Good to see familiar faces and be back at my "summer house". A few changes ... (although parking was only $8 )

• Added a new full size team store on the Terrace (200) Level directly behind home plate. It is really nice.
    • Also in the Terrace, they have taken out the pasta place and are putting in a Ruby's. Dominos Pizza is gone from center field and a California Pizza Kitchen is going in.
    • The new banners are up around the stadium. I look up and see Mike Napoli ... swoon.
    • One of my favorite ushers retired. His name is Sam and he worked the escalator on the 3rd base side. Sad about that. Jim is still there though and I love him!
    • There seems to be a lot more sponsor type advertising on the walls out in the outfield.
    On Opening Day, I'll have more time to walk around and check stuff out.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJenn View Post
    Papa Bear - I am going to see the Angels play at Fenway next month. I'll let you know how it goes!

Nice night at Angel Stadium. Good to see familiar faces and be back at my "summer house". A few changes ... (although parking was only $8 )

• Added a new full size team store on the Terrace (200) Level directly behind home plate. It is really nice.
    • Also in the Terrace, they have taken out the pasta place and are putting in a Ruby's. Dominos Pizza is gone from center field and a California Pizza Kitchen is going in.
    • The new banners are up around the stadium. I look up and see Mike Napoli ... swoon.
    • One of my favorite ushers retired. His name is Sam and he worked the escalator on the 3rd base side. Sad about that. Jim is still there though and I love him!
    • There seems to be a lot more sponsor type advertising on the walls out in the outfield.
    On Opening Day, I'll have more time to walk around and check stuff out.
    Thanks, Jenn - I'm looking forward to be there with Barbaraann and the gang, for Tim Salmon night on Tuesday!

--Barry

• In Blackberry Rehab

Wow! wow wow wow! Did I say wow! Jason - that is the kind of two weeks that I dream of...and you are doing it! What an itinerary - including places like Yankee Stadium, Fenway and Cooperstown.
    Barry-

Looks like we're going to fit in a Kansas City game. My friends and I figured we might as well, right? Get some BBQ while we're at it.

"If we drive it, baseball will come"

And about seeing the Boys in Blue twice, well, there's a Dodger fan coming along and is one of the only crazy people who agreed to the trip. It'll be hard, but baseball is our foundation. Plus I wouldn't mind seeing the Dodgers get stomped in St. Lou.

Jenn-

That is awesome news about the stadium! I'm glad more "quality food" is coming in, and days of the "wondermeat" burritos are soon on the outs. Maybe now I can stray away from the Knothole Club and get my eats in other places.

The new team store-- by the Wall of Fame?

Was Sam the old fellow who looked like Mr. Magoo? The name Sam sounds so familiar.

I'll also be there on Opening Night and Tim Salmon Night. I can't wait!

-Jason
    Last edited by Papa Bear; 04-01-2007 at 12:07 AM.

honk if you see me at disneyland!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Angels beat the Dodgers 4-2 to take two of three...and tonight it's the season opener...Mets-Cardinals...

PLAY BALL!

Enjoy the season.

--Barry

• most magical vaca ever

~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Angels beat the Dodgers 4-2 to take two of three...and tonight it's the season opener...Mets-Cardinals...

--Barry
    So excited for the start of the season this week! Went to the Dodgers/Angels game last night -- watched security take out some Dodgers fans...As far as the stadium updates go, they are putting the Ruby's in and have signs posted everywhere, but when I hiked to the Ruby's (from my nosebleed seats) -- IT WAS NOT OPEN YET!! BEWARE -- Make sure it's open before you go on the great trek...
    What could be better than baseball and Rubys??? I am so excited for the games to come and the Rubys to eat on top my hot dog, ice cream, etc...

GO ANGELS!!!

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

And the A's took 2 and 1/2 out of 3 from Giants this weekend...

(One Was a Tie)

And Watched the Mets THUMP the Cards tonight...Mets will own the N.L., i'm afraid...
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Belle626 View Post
    So excited for the start of the season this week! Went to the Dodgers/Angels game last night -- watched security take out some Dodgers fans...As far as the stadium updates go, they are putting the Ruby's in and have signs posted everywhere, but when I hiked to the Ruby's (from my nosebleed seats) -- IT WAS NOT OPEN YET!! BEWARE -- Make sure it's open before you go on the great trek...
    What could be better than baseball and Rubys??? I am so excited for the games to come and the Rubys to eat on top my hot dog, ice cream, etc...

GO ANGELS!!!
    I'll keep my mouth shut about security taking out Dodger fans ...

It's Opening Day. Everything will be ready and open tonight.

Opening Day! Can't wait!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

The Angels beat Texas to open, 4-1...with the formula they'll need to have any chance this year. Good starting pitching, a for the most part lights out bullpen, and just enough scoring.

Some bad defense again, though. Killed us last year. And Gary Matthews drops a basically routine fly ball.

Meantime the Dodgers lost on Opening Day, as seemingly usual, losing to the Brewers and a tough Ben Sheets 7-1...the Brewers are picked by some to win the weak NL Central...

--Barry