Page 111 of 134 FirstFirst ... 116186101108109110111112113114121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2003

Re: The Talkin' Baseball Thread

Sorry, I post on a forum with a whole bunch of Baseball fans and just you know, assume everyone knows.
    Its a bummer whats happening to the Angels though.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Howie's finger is busted, out a month. Gonna be a long season if this keeps up.

Chad

• I was deleted.

So it was quite an interesting game tonight MN v. Seattle... but the Twins won, again! Seattle's pitcher FINALLY gave up his first runs of the season, all 5 being to Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    So it was quite an interesting game tonight MN v. Seattle... but the Twins won, again! Seattle's pitcher FINALLY gave up his first runs of the season, all 5 being to Minnesota.
    Actually Felix only gave up three and he was seriously messed up, Woods gave up the other two. I'm surprised we actually came back and made it close.
    Last edited by C-HOX; 04-19-2007 at 06:50 PM.

• Sock Puppet

I am a die hard Yankees Fan. Favorite players are Jeter, A-Rod, Cano, Abreu, and anybody I missed.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfan4 View Post
    I am a die hard Yankees Fan. Favorite players are Jeter, A-Rod, Cano, Abreu, and anybody I missed.
    Welcome Disneyfan4! MiceChat regulations say that even Yankee fans are allow to post here .

I have two favorite teams...the Angels, and whoever's playing the Yankees....
    I know, just 26 more world championships or whatever and then we can talk...blah, blah, blah

As for the Angels...this team is starting to remind me of some of the bad teams of the Nolan Ryan era...some good starting pitching (more now than then) but virtually no offense.

And it's not just Vladdy being hurt, and it's not "gee, Barry, don't panic...it's only 15 games. It's been the same old story going back at least three years now!

It's been five years now since 2002. Look back at some of the guys the Angels have cast off from that team. Not all of them have gone on to greater heights, but they were more patient, more selective, more opportunistic hitters and it seemed like Mickey Hatcher and Mike Sciosia were much more in line than they are now.

Anyone else miss Bengie Molina? When it come to handling the staff, and hitting in clutch situations, they never had anyone better.

It would be nice to see a turnaround soon. It'd be nice to see some life...maybe even a run once in a while. I really hate to say this but the Angels are a very boring team to watch right now.

--Barry

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Barry,

I don't miss Bengie other than looking at the slop we have now. Jose Molina and Mike Napoli are really holes in the line up. Nor do I see Jeff Mathis amounting to much.

And here we are again. Deepest pitching in baseball, not the best-but the deepest. 1-6 starters are strong, Bullpen is 3 great arms deep. Yet for some reason, Stoneman can't get us any offense. Prices for tickets go up with the promise of improvement, yet the offseason lands us Gary Matthews Jr and Justin Spier. Hillebrand only was signed due to the injury of Rivera.

The Angels 3 year broken record says, we'll be hanging at .500 by the trade dealine and we'll hang on to Dallas McPhereson because he "might" pan out. Sorry to vent Barry, but the same tired tune is getting old.

Hopefully Scioscia can light a fire without having to bandage Vlad up and put him in harm's way again so they can at least score 2 runs.

Chad

•   
    • Senior Minion

Mariners!

• most magical vaca ever

I really hope that when AROD comes off this wonderful start that the NY fans remember and won't start boo-ing him again

He is one HOT TAMALE!!!!
    ~~~~~~

• In Blackberry Rehab

^ It's gotta be the socks!

Nice to see Vlad smack a homer out last night; but what's with not calling up B.Wood? We need an impact bat?

Great post, aashee. Agree with you wholeheartedly.

honk if you see me at disneyland!

• Dreams do come true

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Bear View Post
    ^ It's gotta be the socks!

Nice to see Vlad smack a homer out last night.
    Great Game last night, I was in section 103. I hope to see more games at the park

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Nice touch to see Angels pitcher Joe Saunders honor and show support for his beleaguered alma mater, by wearing his Viriginia Tech cap while on the mound last Friday night. Kudos to major league baseball for allowing him and I understand some others to do this.

So I guess the Angels have a bit of Jekyll and Hyde....scoring runs in bunches over the weekend and sweeping Seattle. With a 9-9 record, the Angels are 8-2 at home, but just 1-7 on the road...

Meantime even with their loss to the Pirates Sunday the Dodgers are 13-6 and flying high in the NL West...

And don't look now, but Barry Bonds is back to hitting them out with regularity. He's at 740 now...just 16 homers away that most fans outside San Francisco cringe at the thought of...

--Barry

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I admit that I haven't watched very many baseball games lately. I have been really busy doing lots of things around my house. I am watching ESPN at the moment, and they are showing the 4 consecutive home runs in the same inning. That was just accomplished by the Red Sox.

Actually the way that the Cubs and Sox have been playing so far. It really doesn't make me want to "remember when they are on". The ones that I have listened to have been pretty boring, and then I miss the exciting "No Hitter".

Cubs broadcaster Ron Santo has been hospitalized for an irregular heart beat. He will not be in the broadcast booth in the immediate future. He's a die-hard Cubs fan. If fan loyalty could get a team in the World Series, they would have been there long ago, just on Ron Santo's allegiance.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Nice touch to see Angels pitcher Joe Saunders honor and show support for his beleaguered alma mater, by wearing his Viriginia Tech cap while on the mound last Friday night. Kudos to major league baseball for allowing him and I understand some others to do this.

So I guess the Angels have a bit of Jekyll and Hyde....scoring runs in bunches over the weekend and sweeping Seattle. With a 9-9 record, the Angels are 8-2 at home, but just 1-7 on the road...

Meantime even with their loss to the Pirates Sunday the Dodgers are 13-6 and flying high in the NL West...

And don't look now, but Barry Bonds is back to hitting them out with regularity. He's at 740 now...just 16 homers away that most fans outside San Francisco cringe at the thought of...

--Barry
    Yeah Barry,

Talk about bitter sweet. Saunders pitches a phenominal game and gets sent to the minors the next day. Saunders will be back, in an Angels uni no doubt with Stoneman's inability to pull the trigger on making our team better via trade.

Bartolo is a pleasant surprise! Last year we were lead to believe he'd be out until June at the earliest. This really strenghtens an already solid staff.

I must say, as down as I was in my last post, I'm feeling much better now. Oakland had a rough time with Texas. Texas probably loses Gagne again with little pitching to spare as it is. And Seattle we seem to have our way with regularly.

Head up halo honks!

Chad

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Yeah Angels! Sweep this weekend! I watched all the games and TV and they did good, except for the final innings when they gave up runs.