Page 134 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3484109124131132133134
Results 1,996 to 2,003 of 2003

• Done and Gone

Re: The Talkin' Baseball Thread

Growing up, my aunt was the lone Angels fan in our family. My grandfather and his family followed the Dodgers from his days in Cuba so he couln't figure out where he went wrong with his one Angels fan... I like the Halos except for fwy series time when I have to pull on my Dodgers jersey. Plus they are my heroes for keeping the gnats and Barry without a WS ring.

My only comment about this weekend is as long as nobody gets hurt, then lets have some good baseball. I just want to put this interleague stuff behind us already. (Not trying to open up the interleague can of worms, but I'm not a big fan of it.)

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerspray View Post
    Growing up, my aunt was the lone Angels fan in our family. My grandfather and his family followed the Dodgers from his days in Cuba so he couln't figure out where he went wrong with his one Angels fan... I like the Halos except for fwy series time when I have to pull on my Dodgers jersey. Plus they are my heroes for keeping the gnats and Barry without a WS ring.

My only comment about this weekend is as long as nobody gets hurt, then lets have some good baseball. I just want to put this interleague stuff behind us already. (Not trying to open up the interleague can of worms, but I'm not a big fan of it.)
    I agree with you sneak,

I was a huge proponent of the interleague games when it all started. I was exciting to see teams I had not seen before in Anaheim. Not only has it lost it's excitement, it's frankly unfair. Why do the Mets have to play the Yanks 6 times while the Braves don't have to play them at all? This creates a schedule that is not even. It's kinda reminds me of the BCS voting, now different ballclubs have a different strength of schedule.

I'd vote for eliminating it all together for these reasons, but we all know attendance is up with interleague games so it isn't going anwhere.

One extra point to add. With interleague play, the home team has a HUGE advantage. NL and AL teams are just built differently because of the DH. Now you have 20 games playing with a team designed for the play of NL or AL.

Chad

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Why do the Mets have to play the Yanks 6 times while the Braves don't have to play them at all? This creates a schedule that is not even.
    But don't they usually switch up which AL/NL teams each team plays? They have the 2 series against their fellow city rivals and then it switches off. Didn't it start off where AL West played NL East and then the next year they did AL West with NL East, NL Central? Correct me if I'm wrong. I remember I went to a Dodgers game against the Mariners when A-ROD was still with Seattle. Have the two teams played each other lately in the Interleague games?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    But don't they usually switch up which AL/NL teams each team plays? They have the 2 series against their fellow city rivals and then it switches off. Didn't it start off where AL West played NL East and then the next year they did AL West with NL East, NL Central? Correct me if I'm wrong. I remember I went to a Dodgers game against the Mariners when A-ROD was still with Seattle. Have the two teams played each other lately in the Interleague games?
    Hi Ex,

The way it works now is there is a rotating division matchup. Example, the AL West plays most of theie interleague matchups versus the NL central this year. However, every year there are select matchups that play 6 games against each other. Yanks/Mets Angels/Dodgers Rangers/Astros WSox/Cubs.

So in essence, only those teams with select matchups play each other and the rest of the interleague games are against the division pre-determined by MLB. Screwy system huh?

Chad

• Golden State of Mind

are we really losing to the rockies????
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

VERY screwy Chad. Very screwy indeed.

• most magical vaca ever

Quote Originally Posted by Master Gracie View Post
    are we really losing to the rockies????

Can't win them all-

Enjoy the game even if it is a loss
    ~~~~~~

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

We're over 2000 posts, time to create a new Talkin' Baseball thread!

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888