Page 41 of 134 FirstFirst ... 163138394041424344516691 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Talkin' Baseball 2006 - It's Here!

White Sox play mediocre baseball. They better watch their backs. If they succumb to the Twins, they will be playing catch up, and that's never a good thing this far late into the season. The '05' Magic is being trounced on by the Tigers. This next series will reveal a lot.
    Disneyland Here I Come Again!
    October 1, to October 6, 2015

• now on the mainland

Congradulations are in order for Barry Zito who recieved his 100th career win against Texas, while pitching a 1-hitter through to the 8th inning!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Well, what a difference a year makes. Not very many games to go. The North Side team in Chicago has played so bad all year, that I must admit that I didn't watch much. Besides Zambranoo's pitching, not much to cheer about. The White Sox have trailed the Tigers most of the season, and now they have fallen to third behind both the Tigers and the Twins. Will they find their inner fire, and make it into the playoffs as the Wild Card Team? Does wishing make it so?

• most magical vaca ever

RadioBarry

Good game last night... hope it won't be a repeat today

I was very happy to see so many Yankee fans in the crowds. Now if the Yanks can just get back on track after the Boston Massacre I'd be happy
    ~~~~~~

• Smells like beer

Although I cannot join you guys in this thread on a regular basis. I will say GO OAKLAND!!!!!! I fear that I would get into a fight if I hung around to often. I don't want that. I'm a passionate fan, but unlike most passionate fans I KNOW I'm that way and don't get into many sports discussion with people because of it. Furthermore...........A's '06 World Series Champions!!!!
    I find it hard
    It's hard to find
    Oh well, whatever, nevermind

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LightBeer View Post
    Although I cannot join you guys in this thread on a regular basis. I will say GO OAKLAND!!!!!! I fear that I would get into a fight if I hung around to often. I don't want that. I'm a passionate fan, but unlike most passionate fans I KNOW I'm that way and don't get into many sports discussion with people because of it. Furthermore...........A's '06 World Series Champions!!!!
    No need to apologize for fan loyalty. It is a great quality. Sports is a lot like politics. You can discuss it, but you are not likely to change the other person's mind.

People tell me that I can't be a fan of both Chicago baseball teams. Why not? They are in 2 different leagues. They only play each other a handful of times each year. Those games, I usually root for the underdog, which is always the Cubs.

It will really be interesting to see who ends up in the World Series this year.

I am looking forward to seeing the stadium where the Angels play. My grandson Sean and I will pose for pictures.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DMof2 View Post
    RadioBarry

Good game last night... hope it won't be a repeat today

I was very happy to see so many Yankee fans in the crowds. Now if the Yanks can just get back on track after the Boston Massacre I'd be happy
    The Angels continue to be a pain in the New York neck...as Fox mentioned only about 25 times today, they are the only team with a winning record against em since Joe Torre took over...12-7 today...going for a sweep tomorrow...first pitch, about 40 minutes after Barbaraann says hello at her first MiceChat meeting, about three miles away (blimp shots aplently of the Matterhorn and Paradise Pier during today's game )...

As for the crowds, it's better now for Angel fans than it used to be. For about the first 35 years I attended Yankee-Angel games in Anaheim, I was outnumbered about 2-1 if not more...I felt like I was in Yankee Stadium West. Almost as bad with Boston. Since we won in 2002, it seems to be about 60-40 Angel fans.

it's a unique phenomenon here...so many transplants in SoCal that maintain allegiance to their team from back east...and then you add in the people out here staying near the DLR...

Beating the Yankees is nice, but the important thing is the division race...and staying close to Oakland by the time the last two weeks of the season roll around...seven games head to head.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

And Barbaraann...while you're here in Anaheim next week, the Angels go to Seattle, then Detroit...trying in their own way to help out the White Sox...

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It's a shame that the White Sox now have to depend on what other teams are doing. The Tigers are for real, and the White Sox again can only be successful if they go on a massive winning streak, like the one the Mets pulled off against the 69 Cubs.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Man_In_HI View Post
    Congradulations are in order for Barry Zito who recieved his 100th career win against Texas, while pitching a 1-hitter through to the 8th inning!
    That indeed is quite an accomplishment, especially against a very good hitting team, in the Dallas area heat. The A's win again tonight, 5-3, and the Angels, despite winning, remain 5 1/2 back, and their only playoff hope is to win the division.

Meantime, the Twins beat Chicago again and gain another game in the wild card chase, 8-7 in 11. More groans from the South Side.

--Barry

• now on the mainland

Quote Originally Posted by LightBeer View Post
    A's '06 World Series Champions!!!!
    (sigh) Oh I hope this is true. But until something drastic happens (like getting a new manager) I don't see us ever passing 1st round playoffs, and I certainly don't see us winning the AL pennant. I did tell my wife however, that if the Seahawks can go to the Super Bowl, anything is possible; thus if the A's go to the World Series, we will get sattelite or cable. (TV is a myth when you have a wife who despises commercials)

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

(sigh) Oh I hope this is true. But until something drastic happens (like getting a new manager) I don't see us ever passing 1st round playoffs, and I certainly don't see us winning the AL pennant. I did tell my wife however, that if the Seahawks can go to the Super Bowl, anything is possible; thus if the A's go to the World Series, we will get sattelite or cable. (TV is a myth when you have a wife who despises commercials)
    Before you go shopping for any playoff tickets, there are those two series in the last part of September, the last four games in Anaheim...and we've seen what the Angels can do to the A's in the final weeks of a season...you'd best put em away NOW, I'd say...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Go Twins!, I love when they beat the White Sox, even if both teams are fighting for last place, even better when the Wild Card is on the line!

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• cold kickin' it.

hmmm, i have never posted in here before but i am a HUGE A's fan. plus, i saw lightbeer posting in here and we have talked baseball quite a bit.

anyways, you think that oakland getting a new manager would help that drastically? i disagree. i believe that in oakland's philosophy a manager is just a puppet and billy beane is the puppet master. on top of that, Macha's record as A's manager is 348-266 (.567) and they are 19 games above .500 right now. that's pretty good. also if you look at Art Howe and how horrible he was after oakland. Howe had back to back 100+ wins w/ oakland in '01 (102) & '02 (103) and then he had 66 wins in '03 with the Mets and 71 in '04 with the Mets.

to me, the A's problem is not having a better manager. it comes down to performing in the post season, which they have not done. but this year i am feeling a little better, if they can close out the halos. zito, loaiza, haren, and blanton are all pitching superb baseball and rich harden is rumored to have his first start in months on september 15th. i'm getting goosebumps just thinking about the return of harden!!
    I don't party like I used to, I party twice as hard as before....

• cold kickin' it.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Before you go shopping for any playoff tickets, there are those two series in the last part of September, the last four games in Anaheim...and we've seen what the Angels can do to the A's in the final weeks of a season...you'd best put em away NOW, I'd say...
    the last 4 are in anaheim?? you mean the same place where the oakland a's are 4-1 this year? that's fine by me, the a's play them better in anaheim than they do in oakland.
    I don't party like I used to, I party twice as hard as before....