Page 48 of 134 FirstFirst ... 233845464748495051587398 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Talkin' Baseball 2006 - It's Here!

Yes, Barry, but last year they were in First Place. This year they are in Third. That's a big difference.
    Disneyland Here I Come Again!
    October 1, to October 6, 2015

• Monorail Racer

Damn. Marlins lost another tough one to Atlanta to fall 2.5 games out in the wild card. It's going to be tough to make up the ground the rest of the way, but there's still hope. Before the season, I couldn't have imagined that I'd still have hope with the Marlins and the Red Sox would be completely out of it by the end of August. Crazy.

On the plus side, my fantasy baseball team is only a day away from playing for the championship the final two weeks of the season for the second straight year. Despite missing Manny Ramirez.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• Tui's Brother

The Minnesota Twins won this evening 4-1. They need to keep winning if they want to make it into the postseason. If they want to win the AL Central, they will need to win and need the Tigers to lose. And I hope that is what happens. So all I have to say is GO TWINS!

• Monorail Racer

The fact that they've continued to streak even after Liriano's injury is pretty amazing. Still, without him in the playoffs, I'm not sure they'll be able to go very far.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• now on the mainland

Wow, the A's have won the first two games against the White Sox. I was dreading this series. I thought we might win one game, but not two. Barbaraann, I am sorry that your WS are struggling this season. The weird thing is that its September. We should be playing like its May, and throw away the playoffs. There still is two weeks left, so I'm not going to cheer too much.

BTW-Barry, I love your Avatar! Dog is more popular than Don Ho out here!

• cold kickin' it.

the a's are getting hot again!! going for the sweep of the sox and rich harden is going to start on thursday!! zito, harden, haren, blanton, and loaiza will be deadly in a playoff series. plus, they have a KILLER bullpen.

and the A's magic number in the AL West is 9...
    I don't party like I used to, I party twice as hard as before....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Chone Figgins got himself a cycle!

But as for the Angels 2006 season...

Turn out the lights, the party's over.
    They say that all good things must end.
    Call it a night, the party's over
    and tomorrow starts the same old thing again.

• Tui's Brother

The Twins are now just 1 game back of the the AL Central behind the Detriot Tigers and 4 games ahead of the Chicago White Sox. The Twins are just rolling right now.

The NL West race is exciting watch, with the Padres and Dodgers playing right now.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

The Padres won, are now in first place in the NL West, should be a fun rest of the month
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Tui's Brother

I am going to cheer for the Padres in the National Leauge.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The White Sox season is pretty much over. This Chicagoan is realistic enough to know that there will probably not be any clinching parties in my town. Even if the Sox wake up, and make the playoffs, they don't have the heart of last year's champions, and won't go far.

I just call it like I see it.

• cold kickin' it.

A's magic number is down to 7!! Big Hurt hit number 38 out of the park today as well. .280, 38 HR's, and 105 RBI's ain't to shabby considering that he started the first 2 months batting .170. Thomas has 10 HR's, 26 RBI's, and is hitting .344 this month.

now i know the MVP will go to Jeter or someone like that, but do you think Thomas should get consideration?? i do. he is undoubtedly more valuable to the A's than a guy like Jeter is to the Yankees. if you take Thomas out of the A's lineup and they are pretty much dead, but at the same time if you take Jeter out of the Yankkes lineup they would take a hit, but would probably still win ball games.

this is why i believe that MLB should have 2 different awards. MVP & MOP. Valuable and Outstanding player awards. I think that the MVP award has turned into more of a pure numbers award and i don't think that is right. it should be a combination of great numbers, team leadership, and importance to the team. i don't know if i'm alone here, but i really think that the there should be an MOP & MVP award in baseball.
    I don't party like I used to, I party twice as hard as before....

• Wonderful World

I don't know about you guys but I think were gonna see another subway series. I think this is the year the Yanks will take it. I used to hate them but now im rooting for them, they have alot of guys on there who deserve a world series ring. But either way im really looking forward to October, I love playoff baseball
    I'm back MiceChat

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have to agree with Hawk Harrelson. The Chicago White Sox are playing so beneath their ability. I give credit, of course to the Tigers, and the Twins, and Oakland, of course, but where's the team that should be on the field beating these teams?

• Circle of Ancients

GO DODGERS!!! 4 homers in a row to tie in the bottom of the 9th and then Nomar hits a walk-off in the 10th to get the lead back in the west!!!

I didn't see the game, stupid work, but I can't wait to watch it on FSN Replay when I get home!!!!