Page 5 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2345678153055105 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Talkin' Baseball 2006 - It's Here!

A baseball fan's joy is when their team is doing well.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan
    Angels are tied for first in their division!

(It's only week 3....It's only week 3...take deep breath....)
    I thought I was the only geek following that... Hail fellow Angels fan.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am sure that since MiceChatters come from all over the continental United States and beyond, we have fans rooting for many different baseball teams.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

The Angels start the season 5-4, taking two of three at home from the Yankees, and two of three from Texas. Their first big road trip of the season is now upon us...Baltimore, Minnesota and then rival Oakland...who the Angels figure to battle the AL West with, again down to the final week.

I almost said...who "we" figure to battle...I'm not on the payroll, last time I checked...

Angel starting pitching looks pretty good...I'm a little concerned about Colon and Escobar, but I think Jeff Weaver will come around.

Dodgers hammered the Pirates today 13-5...should have done better in their series with Jim Tracy's new team...Now they come home to face the Giants and some guy named Bonds...who once said there's no bigger thrill than being booed by 50,000 fans at Dodger Stadium...I'm sure the blue faithful will be obliging...the Cubs are in LA next week, when I hope to make my first
    SoCal baseball appearance...and I'm trying to hook up an interview with broadcaster Ron Santo while they are in town.

More to come...

Barry

PS...Anybody see Bonds on Bonds part two...is he warm and fuzzy yet? I think not...(LOL)
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY
    I thought I was the only geek following that... Hail fellow Angels fan.
    Gee...PrincessY...I've been following that for 42 years now...and I don't think I'm a geek... Of course countless girls in my younger days would beg to differ (LOL)...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

my Twins made a nice turn around with a sweep over the A's.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    my Twins made a nice turn around with a sweep over the A's.
    And we Angel fans thank you eversomuch for that!! We'll need every win, and every A's loss we can get, all year in the AL West!

So the Angels are in the Hubert H. Humphrey Homerdome next week...land of the funky turf and the trashbag in the outfield...is that still there?

I love the MLB.com radio package. I listened to the Twins broadcast (WCCO Radio?) of their game with the A's the other night and heard Bert Blyleven...the pride of Santiago High School in Garden Grove, and a one-time Angel, too...a former Twins great pitcher who definitely belongs in the Hall Of Fame.

For anyone interested that doesn't know...15 bucks for the season and you can hear every game anywhere in Major League baseball...both the "home" and "away" team broadcasts...on your computer. I recommend it.

Barry

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    And we Angel fans thank you eversomuch for that!! We'll need every win, and every A's loss we can get, all year in the AL West!

So the Angels are in the Hubert H. Humphrey Homerdome next week...land of the funky turf and the trashbag in the outfield...is that still there?

I love the MLB.com radio package. I listened to the Twins broadcast (WCCO Radio?) of their game with the A's the other night and heard Bert Blyleven...the pride of Santiago High School in Garden Grove, and a one-time Angel, too...a former Twins great pitcher who definitely belongs in the Hall Of Fame.

For anyone interested that doesn't know...15 bucks for the season and you can hear every game anywhere in Major League baseball...both the "home" and "away" team broadcasts...on your computer. I recommend it.

Barry

I can't get used to the idea of Twins broadcasts without Herb Carneal. I have loves Blyleven as a broadcaster though and the whole "circle me Bert" thing has been great. A definite Hall of Famer.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Both Chicago teams don't play until tonite. They both have five wins, and the Sox have one more loss than the Cubs. When I listen to the Cubs, I usually listen to the television broadcasters. I miss Steve Stone, but the 2 new guys are O.K. Ron Santo is on the radio, but, well let's just say that he's not my favorite.

• most magical vaca ever

Yanks SWEEP KC big time but now we are movin' to Twins territory. Hope my boyz have their winning energy with them... not all teams are like KC
    ~~~~~~

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DMof2
    Yanks SWEEP KC big time but now we are movin' to Twins territory. Hope my boyz have their winning energy with them... not all teams are like KC
    Gotta love a cocky Yankees fan, and I do.

• Drunk On Disney

I miss listening to Harry Carey on WGN!

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    Gotta love a cocky Yankees fan, and I do.
    For once, I beg to differ of course...and I've yet to hear from said cocky Yankees fan about last weekend's events in Anaheim...the Angels continuing to be the biggest pain in their side won-loss and playoff-wise since Joe Torre took over in 1996...hmmm

Barry

EDIT...DM...I posted this before I read your post in the Good Morning MiceChat column...so you did respond, in your own fashion - thank you - we remain friendly rivals.
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 04-14-2006 at 01:03 PM.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

More headlines for Barry Bonds today...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2407968

CNN reported Thursday that the federal government is investigating whether Bonds committed perjury during his grand jury testimony in the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative case in 2003.

A person with knowledge of the probe confirmed the report to The Associated Press on Thursday night. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because of the secrecy of the investigation.

Multiple sources told CNN that a federal grand jury has been hearing evidence for more than a month about whether Bonds perjured himself during his Dec. 4, 2003, testimony. CNN reporter Ted Rowlands told ESPN Radio on Thursday night that it took a month for the network to get corroborating sources for the story.

The U.S. attorney's office in San Francisco would neither confirm nor deny that a grand jury is sitting.

Harry Stern, an attorney in the firm representing Bonds, told The Associated Press that "we don't have any knowledge about" a grand jury investigation. He also said he stands by previous statements that his client did not perjure himself during his 2003 testimony.

Bonds was mobbed by reporters after the second game of the Giants' doubleheader with the Astros. When asked to respond, Bonds said "no comment."

When asked what he would tell his fans, Bonds responded, "Tell them I love them."
    He'll certainly get a different kind of love from the fans in Los Angeles the next three nights. He once said that he loved nothing better than to hear the sound of 50,000 booing fans at Dodger Stadium. My guess is...they won't disappoint him...

Barry

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Both Chicago teams play tonite. I sometimes jump back and forth. Sometimes I stay with the earlier game until it is over and then I watch the later game. Baseball x 2 in Chicago. I love it.

Page 5 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2345678153055105 ... LastLast