Page 50 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2540474849505152536075100 ... LastLast

Re: Talkin' Baseball 2006 - It's Here!

Just curious, for the A's fans, assuming you do make it to the playoffs, which looks likely, who would you rather face, Detroit or Minnesota?

Dodgers are just blowing it. Flat out blowing it. First they lose 2 of 3 to the Cubs, now they've lost 2 at home against the Pirates. Considering the theme, my friends and I have come up with the new movie title:

Pirates of the Caribbean 3: Curse of Jim Tracy

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Chicago SunTimes is finally reporting the possibility of White Sox not getting to the Playoffs. What team have they been watching?

• most magical vaca ever

Thanks Barbaraann....

It's truly an amazing year and the Yanks totally blowing away the competition in the eastern division since the All Star break is just something the team should be very proud of...

At the All Star break everyone was counting the Yankees out of the playoffs this year due to injuries and the team just not performing like they should.

Well- Joe Torre should be manager of the year in my book
    ~~~~~~

• now on the mainland

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Cactus View Post
    Just curious, for the A's fans, assuming you do make it to the playoffs, which looks likely, who would you rather face, Detroit or Minnesota?
    I actually think I'd rather take on Detroit. Looking back at the season it seemed to me that we actually did better against them than Minnesota. Plus, we've struggled with KC, so for whatever reason, seems like the better team would actually give us a better chance.

Just my two pesos

• now on the mainland

Oakland beat Clevland today, 7-4. That now puts us 7 games ahead in first and four wins away from a playoff berth. The next 3 days should be very interesting. We're home in Oakland, but Anaheim has a knack for killing us when they need to. Also, Anaheim has today off.

I think all Oakland has to do is win one game against the Angels. After that, we can sweep Seattle (when was the last time we lost to them?) and the playoffs are ours.

Magic numbers:

Oakland - 4
    St. Louis - 5
    Detroit - 9 for division/4 to make playoffs
    Minnesota - 10 for division/5 for playoffs
    San Diego - 10 for division and playoffs
    Los Angeles - 9 for division and playoffs

My hope as a Dodger fan is that St. Louis has a rough weekend and needs to beat up on the Padres to clinch their division. And that the Dodgers stop choking against mediocre teams. Hopefully the Padres will have as much trouble with Pittsburgh as the Dodgers did, but I doubt it.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

As I said earlier, the American League Central Division will most likely go down to the last days of the season.

I am sure the White Sox players are getting a little tired answering the media questions about what went wrong. Chalk it up to one more example about how hard it is to repeat.

I guess I should admit now how teams like the Yankees and the Braves just seem to know what to do to make the playoffs over, and over again.

Still enjoying the game, even though Chicago White Sox will be packing up and going home.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

So Barry's Angel's and my Chicago White Sox have very similar win/loss records. The White Sox performance the second half has been so mediocre that you wonder who kidnapped them.

Give credit to the Tigers for holding on and the Twins for their good baseball. Since my team won't be in the playoffs, I will have to pick another team to root for. Looks like it will be an American League team this year.

Hey Barry, hope your O.K.

• now on the mainland

Can the A's do to the Angels what they have done to the A's the last couple of years? Great game last night, but it also shows, I think, that the Angels won't go down quietly.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Hey Barry, hope your O.K.
    I share the sentiments. Barry, you've been so quiet. I know things don't look good for the Angels, but don't leave us, man.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Any Tigers' fans out there? Yesterday they celebrated making it to the playoffs. Looks like the Twins are a lock for the Wild Card Spot. The American League Playoff teams are (unless there's an unforseen miracle) the Tigers, Twins, Yankees, and Athletics. Looks like I will have to root for an American League team in the playoffs this year. I definitely give much credit to the Tigers who spent almost the entire season in first place. The White Sox just never produced their magic of last year.

The Mets are the only team in the National League, who have clinched a playoff spot. It won't be long, however, before it is final who the other three are. The Cardinals, have their division pretty much locked up. The Wild Card and the other division, will just have to play itself out.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

So, where are the happy Twins fans today? Sports channel is rerunning many shots of games lost by the White Sox this year. It was nice while it lasted. Since Chicago's team will be packing up, and going home, and I always choose a team to root for in the playoffs, I need to decide between the Twins and the Tigers.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Wow, no comments about Trevor????

http://click.mlb.com/ct/click?q=bf-J...u5w8y9_jbxgtdR

Amazing, and the fact that ALL the saves were for the Padres....

A 2 game lead with 6 to go.......... GO PADRES!!!!!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Trevor has had an awesome career, and you're right, it's amazing he's done it all with one team. Can't root for the Padres, though, although I think with yesterday's win over the Cards, that they are going to hold off the Dodgers.

Dodgers are tied with the Phils for wild card, but I'm worried because the Dodgers finish up at Coors Field and then San Francisco. Anything can happen at Coors, so while they need a sweep, it's unlikely they'll get it. They're too inconsistent and if you give up 8 or 9 runs to the Pirates and Diamondbacks at home, what are you going to do in Coors? Then the Giants who would love nothing more than to knock us out of the race.

I think the Padres win the division and the Phillies win the wild card. But what I was surprised by is that the Padres have overtaken the Cards for 2nd seed. In that scenario, they'll get the Phillies and the Cardinals would get the Mets.

• now on the mainland

Going back to an earlier debate on this thread-

This is why the A's under LaRussa were better than the A's of today. At least the A's of the late 80's could clinch a playoff spot. To go from 9-3 ahead of Seattle and lose 10-9 is absolutely ridicilous. Nothing would make me happier than to see the A's win the World Series. But we're not even in the post-season. The mere idea of them clinching a playoff berth causes them to crap themselves. For all of you Angels fans, don't lose hope. Oakland is practically handing you hope.

• most magical vaca ever

So the NY Mets have lost 9 out of their last 12...

Are they going to choke or are they just not playing as hard since they clinched?

WHERE IS BARRY????
    ~~~~~~