Page 52 of 134 FirstFirst ... 22742495051525354556277102 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Talkin' Baseball 2006 - It's Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Anders View Post
    I knew I liked ya when we met
    I was glad to have met you also.

I think I kinda babbled a lot at my very first MiceChat Meet.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Since the Padres already have the first tie-breaker (Beating the Dodgers in the Season series), A Padres win and a Dodgers lost tonight will give the Padres the Pennant
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

If, I were one to hate a team, it would have to be the Padres. However, I don't hate baseball teams. The Cubs just played poorly in 84 against them.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Circle of Ancients

Darkbeer, that's really the only thing the Dodgers/Padres are playing for, who will they play in the first round.

Honestly, I'm okay with the Dodgers getting the wild card. If by some chance the Astros win the Central, I'd hate to play them in the first round considering how hot they are.

Give me the Mets with no Pedro.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Darkbeer, that's really the only thing the Dodgers/Padres are playing for, who will they play in the first round.

Honestly, I'm okay with the Dodgers getting the wild card. If by some chance the Astros win the Central, I'd hate to play them in the first round considering how hot they are.

Give me the Mets with no Pedro.
    I totally agree.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post

Honestly, IMO, this is for bragging rights only. I can't see the A's or Jankees beating either one of these teams. Tigers are at the Royals, Twins are at the White Sox.

Advantage Tigers.
    I know I'm probably not the only one who would love a rematch of the 1987 ALCS! In a five game series, it will be tough for Oakland or NY to beat either one of these teams, near impossible if Liriano wasn't out for the season for the Twins.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• now on the mainland

I know I'm probably not the only one who would love a rematch of the 1987 ALCS! In a five game series, it will be tough for Oakland or NY to beat either one of these teams, near impossible if Liriano wasn't out for the season for the Twins.
    Considering Oakland's record of getting to the ALCS the last several years, I'd say for that part, odds are in your favor. Whoever plays the Yankees though....while I hope the Yankees get knocked out, I doubt it.

• Tui's Brother

Its going to be tough for the Twins because they have to play the White Sox and the Tigers have to play the Royals.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

A night of baseball for me. This game between the White Sox and the Minnesota Twins, means nothing to the Sox. Perhaps some would say they play for pride. The Twins want to win the division, of course. They are tied with the Detroit Tigers.

A year ago, it was a great time for the Sox. This year we sit on the sidelines. I am watching. I want to see just how good the Twins are.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have heard from Barry, and he is fine. He has just been out and about Taking care of some personal matters with his wife, Kathleen.

On the baseball front, his comment was "anyone but the yankees". I think the question was, "who will he root for now"?

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Wonderful World

I went to the Padres game today and I got to see them celebrate on our home turf . But I got to see Gonzo play live one last time. He got a hit in the 9th and Melvin pinched hit for him to get him a standing o. It was really a special moment. But tommorow is gonna be very special yet very sad because hes playin his last game with the D'backs. Its gonna be really sad.
    But I want the Yank's to win it all, they seen to have the best chance. They have alot of guys on there who deserve their first ring like Giambi, A-rod, Sheffield. I never root for the Yanks but this year its changed
    I'm back MiceChat

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Congratulations to the Minnesota Twins, for winning their division. The season ended with the White Sox and the Anaheim Angels having very similar records.

Glad to see that Greg Maddux gets to go one more time to post season play.

Chicago Cubs CEO Andy McPhail resigns today. Can't blame the man. Enough is enough. As much as the Cubs profess they want to win, they just haven't gotten that team to a World Series.

Looking forward to the Playoffs.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Twins are the first team to ever advance to the post season after having sole possesion of first place in their division for the first time on the final day of the season.

I'm even more excited about this team than I was in the three most recent AL Central titles. 1987 and 1991 were in a different league in comparison, but still, so far this has the makings of a great October!

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Smells like beer

Twins are the first team to ever advance to the post season after having sole possesion of first place in their division for the first time on the final day of the season.

I'm even more excited about this team than I was in the three most recent AL Central titles. 1987 and 1991 were in a different league in comparison, but still, so far this has the makings of a great October!

Anders, for the next week. I hate you.
    I find it hard
    It's hard to find
    Oh well, whatever, nevermind

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It's so great to have a team in the playoffs. For a short time in your life, you are walking around on air. Life is good. Should your team go on to win the whole thing, you are ecstastic. Hardly seems like an entire year ago that I was pulling for the White Sox to win a World Series title for Chicago. Now the White Sox are only thinking about their next season. It was fun while it lasted, but it doesn't last forever. Sports are like that. The moment of Glory can't be taken away from the Sox fan. However as teams prepare for new playoffs, and a new World Series, I have my memories, and others prepare to make some new ones.

I am looking forward to watching some good baseball in this post season.

May 11 - 16, 2015