Page 53 of 134 FirstFirst ... 32843505152535455566378103 ... LastLast

Re: Talkin' Baseball 2006 - It's Here!

Let's Go Mets!

• most magical vaca ever

~~~~~~

Well, as a Dodger fan, based on our historical postseason records, I guess I should be happy we got the Mets instead of the Cardinals. The Cardinals have owned the Dodgers in the postseason ever since Tom Niedenfuer pitched to Jack Clark in 1985. The Dodgers however are 1-0 in the playoffs against the Mets, and that was 1988, their last championship year.

I don't think they're going to get around Wright and Beltran this time, though. But let's see, the Dodgers have Furcal, Betemit, Lofton, Drew, and Maddux (and who said the Braves didn't make the postseason again??) The Mets have Lo Duca, Valentin, Green, Mota, (and Pedro Martinez and Duaner Sanchez on the bench). So it's almost like the Los Angeles Braves and the New York Dodgers.

I'm looking forward to Game 2, though. Greg Maddux vs. Tom Glavine.

Other series, I think the Padres keep it up against the Cardinals and take them out, like they did in the series last week. I think the Yankees take out the Tigers. And I think the Twins take the A's, although if Zito and Harden are on their games, that could easily go the other way.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by LightBeer View Post
    Anders, for the next week. I hate you.
    Likewise....

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Smells like beer

Quote Originally Posted by Anders View Post
    Likewise....
    But truthfully, good luck. I love playoff baseball, its so exciting. I know its very hard for a road team to win in Minnesota but it AINT easy winning in Oakland either. I think the A's vs. Twins is by far the best match up in the first round. Should be exciting........wanna wager a bottle of booze?
    I find it hard
    It's hard to find
    Oh well, whatever, nevermind

• Circle of Ancients

Neon Cactus, Just FYI ... Pedro is out for the playoffs, and most likely until July or August.

Also, Maddux is scheduled to pitch game three.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by LightBeer View Post
    But truthfully, good luck. I love playoff baseball, its so exciting. I know its very hard for a road team to win in Minnesota but it AINT easy winning in Oakland either. I think the A's vs. Twins is by far the best match up in the first round. Should be exciting........wanna wager a bottle of booze?
    Good luck to the A's as well. The dome is not friendly in October, though I can't wait for our new park!! It should be a great series.

It would be illegal for me to wager on sports since I work for an NCAA school...but I'll met up with ya in the DMCA!

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Yesterday, the Cubs, CEO resigned, and today the Cubs decided not to renew Dusty Baker's contract. I remember when Dusty was hired. I found it strange at the time that the Cubs hired a manager who just lost a World Series. I know Dusty was popular here, but the Cubs most likely kept him around all year, because they knew that the season was already a disaster, so why bring in a new manager, who wouldn't have made any difference.

Bottom line. Cubs need to start all over, again. I have resigned myself to knowing that I am a Cubs fan, regardless of the fact that I just don't believe that they know the key to winning it all.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

So who would really want to manage a team, who hasn't been to a World Series in over 60 years?

It's not easy being a Cubs fan.

• Drunk On Disney

Wink Re: Talkin' Baseball 2006 - It's Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    So who would really want to manage a team, who hasn't been to a World Series in over 60 years?

It's not easy being a Cubs fan.
    So true. I caught "Wait Til Next Year" the Cubs documentary on HBO the other night. Such a hard luck baseball team. It made me almost want to root for them...

...almost.

• Smells like beer

The A's have taken game one! Thats a HUGE win for us. I was not expecting to win. Every team in baseball sucks in that ballpark, the A's always find a way to suck a bit more. Then factor in that Johan Santana was the best pitcher in baseball this year. Thats a double whammy! Somehow they pulled it off........FRANK THE TANK FRANK THE TANK!!

I took a little while to post this cause I had to call (my dad first its his b-day ) my friend who I haven't talked to in months. He was just ripping the A's for signing Frank Thomas. Had to call and get my revenge. I'm feeling quite victorious.....stupid Giants fans! I'll be honest, I didn't expect much from that deal, I knew he wouldn't be a terrible DH but I can't believe he's actually in the MVP hunt. He wont win the MVP, just shocked he's been mentioned.
    I find it hard
    It's hard to find
    Oh well, whatever, nevermind

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I hate Frank Thomas...didn't like him as a white sock(x). How does one spell the singular form of sox anyways? Of course, why they didn't have Neshek pitch to him I don't know. Of course I'm biased I went to HS with Pat Neshek.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

• Tui's Brother

Yeah they should have put Neshek in because he probably could have got the job done. The Twins will bring it up a notch the next games and hopefully advance.

• Tui's Brother

I really hope that if the Minnesota Twins advance that the Detroit Tigers will advance also. I would rather play the Tigers then the Yankees. If the Twins lose which I hope not, I will cheer for the Tigers because they deserve it because of what they did this year.

• now on the mainland

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    I really hope that if the Minnesota Twins advance that the Detroit Tigers will advance also. I would rather play the Tigers then the Yankees. If the Twins lose which I hope not, I will cheer for the Tigers because they deserve it because of what they did this year.
    I feel the exact same way except for the A's. If we finally get to go to the ALCS then I would rather see us play the Tigers. It's all over if we play against the Yankees. If the A's don't make it, I'd like to see Detroit.

My dream for this year's WS is to see the A's play the Dodgers, and then see old, wabbly-ankle Thomas hit a game winning HR. To this day I still hear, "You're an A's fan? How did you feel when Gibson hit that HR in the '88 WS?" It was 18 years ago!!! No offense to the Dodgers fans (they're probably my favorite NL team), but I'd like to be able to say, "You're a Dodgers fan? How did it make you feel when Thomas hit that homer in the '06 WS?"