Page 54 of 134 FirstFirst ... 42944515253545556576479104 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Talkin' Baseball 2006 - It's Here!

The Chicago Sun Times has an article about Frank Thomas today. It has been reported that he needed to get out of Chicago. The Oakland A's benefitted from his 2 home runs yesterday. He won't be the last Chicago ballplayer who has had to leave Chicago to become successful in the post season. I don't wish him well, but that's because I am rooting for the Twins in this one.

Chicago Cubs fired all their coaches yesterday. Seems they want the new manager to pick his own coaches. Who wants the job? Well Joe Girardi seems to be pretty vocal about his feelings on the matter.

Will the Cubs ever win? No comment.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• most magical vaca ever

My hubby is going to game 2 tonight in the Bronx I'm so jealous but he's taking my camera

I'd love to see a Dodgers/Yankees world series only for the great moments in history we'd get to see all over again
    ~~~~~~

• Circle of Ancients

Stupid Yankees.

Why are they always in Prime-Time???

To this day I still hear, "You're an A's fan? How did you feel when Gibson hit that HR in the '88 WS?" It was 18 years ago!!! No offense to the Dodgers fans (they're probably my favorite NL team), but I'd like to be able to say, "You're a Dodgers fan? How did it make you feel when Thomas hit that homer in the '06 WS?"
    So how did it feel to see Gibby hit that HR??? I know how it felt on our end.

• cold kickin' it.

Quote Originally Posted by LightBeer View Post
    But truthfully, good luck. I love playoff baseball, its so exciting. I know its very hard for a road team to win in Minnesota but it AINT easy winning in Oakland either. I think the A's vs. Twins is by far the best match up in the first round. Should be exciting........wanna wager a bottle of booze?
    i agree. most even first round match up out there, plus the A's & Twins had the 2 best records after the All-Star break this year. great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Anders View Post
    Good luck to the A's as well. The dome is not friendly in October, though I can't wait for our new park!! It should be a great series.
    if anyone needs a new park it's the Twins. good for you guys. because the stupid dome they play in now is THE WORST park in baseball. the white ceiling (who thought of that!?) where you can't see the ball half the time, that ridiculous "baggy" in right field, the retarded astro-turf that tears knees apart. just a bad place to play ball and that's coming from an A's fan who watches games at the Oakland Colesium, which also sucks.

i'm happy Minnesota is getting a new park. do you know the details of it? astro-turf? dome? retractable dome? baggy in right field?

Quote Originally Posted by LightBeer View Post
    The A's have taken game one! Thats a HUGE win for us. I was not expecting to win. Every team in baseball sucks in that ballpark, the A's always find a way to suck a bit more. Then factor in that Johan Santana was the best pitcher in baseball this year. Thats a double whammy! Somehow they pulled it off........FRANK THE TANK FRANK THE TANK!!

I took a little while to post this cause I had to call (my dad first its his b-day ) my friend who I haven't talked to in months. He was just ripping the A's for signing Frank Thomas. Had to call and get my revenge. I'm feeling quite victorious.....stupid Giants fans! I'll be honest, I didn't expect much from that deal, I knew he wouldn't be a terrible DH but I can't believe he's actually in the MVP hunt. He wont win the MVP, just shocked he's been mentioned.
    OH MY GOD!!! HUGE win for the A's. beating Santana in MN. it doesn't get bigger than that. this was Santana's first loss at home since August 1st.... 2005! man, he is a GREAT pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Anders View Post
    I hate Frank Thomas...didn't like him as a white sock(x). How does one spell the singular form of sox anyways? Of course, why they didn't have Neshek pitch to him I don't know. Of course I'm biased I went to HS with Pat Neshek.
    c'mon!! you gotta love the Big Hurt! and i totally agree about throwing Neshek in. i think he would have been much better in that situation.
    I don't party like I used to, I party twice as hard as before....

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Don't gotta love the "Big Hurt". He's a big pain.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• most magical vaca ever

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Stupid Yankees.

Why are they always in Prime-Time???
    Because the Yankees draw the most viewers
    ~~~~~~

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

As much as I hate to admit it, the Yankees have always been the most successful team in baseball. Notice that I did not say that the Yankees have always been the best team in baseball. The Yankees can be beat. They have been.....but will they?

May 11 - 16, 2015

• cold kickin' it.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Don't gotta love the "Big Hurt". He's a big pain.
    a pain with 39 HR's & 114 RBI's and for only $500k base salary. plus, he's been a leader in the clubhouse and everyone on the team raves about him.

maybe he wasn't the problem, maybe it was Kenny Williams.
    I don't party like I used to, I party twice as hard as before....

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by kylelicious View Post

if anyone needs a new park it's the Twins. good for you guys. because the stupid dome they play in now is THE WORST park in baseball. the white ceiling (who thought of that!?) where you can't see the ball half the time, that ridiculous "baggy" in right field, the retarded astro-turf that tears knees apart. just a bad place to play ball and that's coming from an A's fan who watches games at the Oakland Colesium, which also sucks.

i'm happy Minnesota is getting a new park. do you know the details of it? astro-turf? dome? retractable dome? baggy in right field?
    I have so many fond memories of the dome, I will miss it. The new stadium will be totally outdoors, no roof, no retractable roof, no astroturf, just pure baseball. The rest of the details haven't been decided yet, still working on them I believe.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• now on the mainland

I thought Wolff was supposed to come to a decision about the fate of Oakland Collisium before the end of the season. Are we moving to Fremont? Staying put, but with a new stadium? Que passa?

• Drunk On Disney

Talking Re: Talkin' Baseball 2006 - It's Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    As much as I hate to admit it, the Yankees have always been the most successful team in baseball. Notice that I did not say that the Yankees have always been the best team in baseball. The Yankees can be beat. They have been.....but will they?
    Living in the NY area I can tell you that the fact that the Yankees haven't won the World Series in six years is a big big deal. So many people act as if a 6 year drought is tantamount to the Cubs drought.

I hope they make it to the World Series this year... and I hope the Dodgers beat them in 7 games.

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It seems that more times than not, the way to a World Series victory somehow involves the New York Yankees.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• now on the mainland

The A's just defeated the Twins 5-2. Oakland has one more game to win to advance to the ACLS! I'm excited, but very cautious. At least we go back to Oakland.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

what the hell was Torii Hunter thinking?!?!?!

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• most magical vaca ever

I want to see the Twins win!!!!

Mets are losing
    ~~~~~~