Page 61 of 134 FirstFirst ... 113651585960616263647186111 ... LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Talkin' Baseball 2006 - It's Here!

Quote Originally Posted by DMof2 View Post
    Well, posting time is done for the day....

Time to reflect on the wonderful 2006 season and wait to see if Jeter gets the MVP

Seriously, he'd get my vote.

This series, seriously, goes down as one of the big surprises in recent years.

That's why they play the games.

(Are you sure you're glad I'm back, DM???)

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Now, I get to watch Greg Maddux pitch.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

One final note before I go to watch Dodgers-Mets and Cal-Oregon...

Nice win for the Padres and Chris Young today.

Having said that, it has to be tough being a Cardinal or Padre fan, player, whatever...not knowing what time your game is tomorrow...until the conclusion of the Mets-Dodgers game tonight.

I'm assuming that if the Dodgers win tonight, LA-New York will get the prime slot on FOX...with the Padres playing earlier.

If the Mets close it out, Cards-Padres will be the only series left...and will get prime time by default.

Nothing new here. TV dictates everything...and pays a hefty price for the privilege.

5pm games on the West Coast are not fair. With the twilight and shadows, the pitchers generally have a major advantage until at least the fifth inning. But again, TV wants the game at 5...for prime time in the East. So they play in the twilight.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

baseball tomorrow? I will be watching the Bears at noon, Chicago time.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I suppose the baseball games are on later than that.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Nighttime games on the west coast during regular season usually start at 10:05pm Eastern time. But since this is the playoffs, they get the primo afternoon & primetime slots.

That being said... I'll be watching the Bucs take on the Saints tomorrow at 1:00. And knowing my Bucs, we'll probably lose and be 0-4.

:: grumble ::

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Into each fans a little......

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Man_In_HI View Post
    At least if the A's lose the series I can now respect the team that knocked them out. I would much rather face an honorable team like the Tigers.
    Ditto. We were discussing that on our way home from seeing the Twins have their butt's handed to them yesterday... and what a beautiful sight it was. Of course we want to see the A's win, and hopefully I will be in attendance starting Tuesday, but even if the A's fall it will be OK because they Yankees will be watching the World Series this year.
    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

• Tui's Brother

Way to go Tigers.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JangoFett View Post
    Ditto. We were discussing that on our way home from seeing the Twins have their butt's handed to them yesterday... and what a beautiful sight it was. Of course we want to see the A's win, and hopefully I will be in attendance starting Tuesday, but even if the A's fall it will be OK because they Yankees will be watching the World Series this year.
    Definitely something this Angel fan can agree with Oakland fans about. But I will be rooting for a Tigers-Mets World Series, probably leaning toward the Mets at this point.

And speaking of the Mets - way to go, guys - thanks again to that great former Dodger GM Paul "Moneyball" DiPodesta...that LoDuca trade's looking better all the time...

Yankees and the Dodgers eliminated on the same day...
    doesn't get much better than that.

--Barry

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

From the "this just in"...department...

I just heard on SportsCenter (ESPN) that the New York Daily News is reporting that Mr. Steinbrenner plans to fire Joe Torre, and replace him with...are you ready for this...Lou Piniella. Seriously.

He would have rehired Billy Martin, but...

Torre is a class act who deserved better. Probably time for him to go anyway...geeze, only what...almost a dozen playoff appearances?

Lou Piniella? Okay....

-- Barry

• Senior Minion

Very happy with todays performance with the Tigers. A great day, I hope this continues. I caught a few glimmering moments as I was working today. Just glad I had those moments to see them play.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Circle of Ancients

I'm pulling for a Cardinals / Tigers W.S.

But honestly, as long as it's not the Yankees I'm okay.

Seems I'm the only non-Detriot fan on these boards that actually gave the Tigers a chance against the "all-mighty" Yankees. I knew the Yankees had the hitting, but there is a reason Detroit had the best record in the league for all of 2 or 3 weeks of the season. Pitching. They have got it, the Yankees don't.

The A's/Tigers series should be great. I'm saying Detroit in 6.

I'm assuming the Cardinals will take care of the Padres today. The Padres are good ... but I want somebody to beat the Mets and I don't think the Padres can do it. The Met's have the better line-up, but again, St. Louis has the pitching and arguably the best player in the game (and a hell of a human being) in Albert Pujols.

Then again, as long as the A's are still playing, the Raiders have to play on dirt!!!

Let's see if the A's can actually get that new stadium now.

• most magical vaca ever

Lou F*ing Piniella????

That's all I have to say!
    ~~~~~~

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Here's an excerpt the story from espn.com...

Heads were likely to roll after the Yankees were eliminated from the postseason by the Tigers, but the opening odds were on Alex Rodriguez going first, not Joe Torre.

According to the New York Daily News, however, the popular Yankees manager will be fired unless he decides to resign first to save face. Sources told the newspaper that former Yankees player and manager Lou Piniella will be owner George Steinbrenner's choice to replace Torre.
    If this turns out to be true, I think that DMof2 hit the nail pretty much on the head...the Daily News, by the way, says pretty much of a "demolition" of the team as currently constituted could be coming this winter.

Seems I'm the only non-Detriot fan on these boards that actually gave the Tigers a chance against the "all-mighty" Yankees. I knew the Yankees had the hitting, but there is a reason Detroit had the best record in the league for all of 2 or 3 weeks of the season. Pitching. They have got it, the Yankees don't.
    Sir Clinksalot, no one wanted the Yankees to lose more than me. But I looked at the fact that the Tigers were 19-31 down the stretch, and had just been swept out of a division title by the freakin' Kansas City Royals, at home yet, and I thought I'd seen a team with great young pitching - and dead arms, for pitching more innings than many of them ever had.

That's why they play the games.

Again, I'm ecstatic to be proven wrong.

--Barry