Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Why do you keep talking?

Re: where do you work and what do you do?

Sales floor at Target, high school diploma. Hey, it pays the bills and funds my traveling and general craziness.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

Have 2 jobs...on weekdays I work @ UPS (yes, I really do race the big brown truck!) On the weekends I have a small character performing company I started up a little over a year ago...either investing/funding for the company expenses & some preforming (also freelance as well...) Had 2 1/2 years of college experience...last century.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I work in radio...have for the last 24 years after leaving DL...most recently as a sports reporter for KNX 1070 Newsradio (CBS) in Los Angeles, and as a news/sports/traffic anchor for Shadow Broadcast Services/MetroNetworks Los Angeles, supplying reports for a number of stations ranging from ESPN 710 to 790 KABC to KFWB News 980
    and the now-defunct "Arrow 93" FM and KLOS 95.5 among many others.

For 18 years I worked in Ventura radio for KVEN Newstalk 1450 and KHAY Country 100.7 FM...was sports director and anchor for both stations...and I'm proud to say I won eight "Golden Mike" awards for sports reporting and seven "Mark Twain" California Associated Press Awards for sports reporting as well.

I am presently on disability leave because of two hospitalizations last year - and negative effects of certain antibiotics on my throat and vocal delivery on-air. Not sure of what my future holds - but I'm open to anything. My posts get somewhat long-winded...sorry...I'm a radio guy with a lot of hot air, and this is my "mike" for the moment!

(Hopefully I didn't overdo it...LOL)

Majored in Communications at Cal State Fullerton...and you see my Disneyland history below.
    Thanks for letting me blow my own horn a bit, and thanks for taking the time to look!

Barry
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 04-04-2006 at 12:25 AM.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• New Dog on the Block

I am an assistant manager at an EB Games and I do go to college, but I am only taking one class.
    I just finished Kingdom Hearts 2 and now I WANT A MICKEY!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Currently, I work as an Intern/Producer/Editor/Lackie at the Lewis Center's Digital Filmworks Department. Currently, I'm working on two major projects, including "Radio Eyes" for the GAVRT project (in association with NASA/JPL), and "Remembering Victorville", a look at local history through the eyes of some it's earliest citizens.

As for college, I'm currently attending Victor Valley College with a major in Computer Engeering. I plan to transfer to UCI when I get out of up here.
    -Monorail Man

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

I think I mentioned it in another thread, but here it goes.

I'm currently an English teacher and Theatre arts teacher for the Deaf and hard of hearing.

My undergraduate is in Education of the Hearing Impaired, Secondary education and Speech/Theatre education

My graduate work is in Special education.

BW, it depends on why you are in special education. Anyone can go to college with the correct motivation and realistic goals. You don't have to tell us your private info, but if you want to be a performer, then go for it! I do recommend getting a degree in that it helps you build your skills and helps you make specific connections to continue your career beyond the school. But you don't have to. Depends on the kind of performance, I suppose.

Peace and good luck,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

i manage a JayJays Clothing Store ( www.jayjays.com.au ) in Penrith, Western Sydney, Australia. It's the number one youth clothing brand in Australia. I love my job

• Huh?

I have an associate's in Multimedia Production Technology. I currently work as a media aide in the staff development department for Columbus Public Schools. I currently attend Columbus State taking Japanese and Photography.

Quote Originally Posted by BWthespian
    Do you not necesarlily have to attend college if you want to be a performer? Is there any college or adult program that is focused solely on this profession? I cannot attend any regular university because i wouldnt survive, i visited fullerton college last wednesday and as a special education student there is so much that i actually have to do now in order to qualify for everything next fall and i was so overwhelmed. Another reason im hesitant about college is becuase of the help ive got here in high school (iep team) im not gonna have them in college. Im ever so grateful that im gonna be receiving my diploma in june and yet i dont want it to go waste. Give me your insight as to what i should do, thanks.
    The question is, do you really need to go through college to achieve this goal? This is one profession where it's what you can do, not what a degree says you can do. After all, there's been a lot of successful acting careers started when a waiter or waitress happened to be serving the right producer.

Not saying not to do classes at all -- you may only need a mentor to help train you.

You might want to try community colleges. Not so much stress as a 4-year college, you can take just a few classes with no degree in mind if you'd like... you don't have to go through two years of classes you'll never need!

I've only done community college. I know I could never handle the 4-year college thing.
    -Tim

I'm a mom! Hey, it's a tough job! BA in English, MA in education. I used my degrees to yell big words at my kids while trying to teach them to listen!

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by awesomemama
    I'm a mom! Hey, it's a tough job! BA in English, MA in education. I used my degrees to yell big words at my kids while trying to teach them to listen!
    Does either have hippopotomonstrosousquipideliaphobia now? If so, I want some video!!!
    -Tim

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I am a pre-repo bill collector for Hyundai Motor Finance. I love my job, when I am not filled with self loathing.

No college for me.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Teacher, looking for a classroom. Currently teaching fourth grade math and reading intervention classes. Planning on returning to school...next year?...for my MA.
    A signature should go here.

• For old time sake

I'm a Youth minister!!! I work with high schoolers!!! And I work for a pastor that I "love"......

No school for me just 14 years of experience in Youth Ministry
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• My cuties!

I went to Cal Poly Pomona and got my BA in Hotel, Restaurant Management. I HATED the field so went back to school for my teaching credential. I taught 1st grade for 6 years and 3rd grade for 2 before becoming a mom to my twins. Just last year I went back to subbing a couple times a month; gets me out of the house and it paid for our DL trip last May.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

My degree is in History, so naturally I'm doing nothing that is related to that field. . I'm a art critic for Art.com.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast