Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• I'm your huckleberry.

Re: What's Hopping for Easter!

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut
    Why cant you! He can put matzo in your Passover Basket.

Why cant ya have some sort of Jewish egg hunt of some sort? You can have the egg represent life or something. Make up your own rules, why live by someone elses!!
    An egg is part of the traditional Passover seder! But its not like I actually celebrate Passover either. Reading all your fun Easter plans though, maybe we should do a little something!

Sorry, guys, didn't mean to derail!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'll be sleeping in and doing nothing. Just your average Sunday for me since I have no family here.

• Lost Princess and Bat 861

Bear works so off to Mom's I go! We pre-hide our easter baskets and treasure hunt for them using clues. Mom used to hide eggs for the neighbors kids but they moved last year.

Ham, potato salad, deviled eggs, rolls and for desert, homemade strawberry shortcake.
    A bit of evil lurks in your heart, but you hide it well.
    In some ways, you are the most dangerous kind of evil.

• horsin' around!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster
    I'll be sleeping in and doing nothing. Just your average Sunday for me since I have no family here.

ohhhh mygoodness! you have GOT to go find a mission or 'soup kitchen' & help serve easter dinner! i'm telling you.. you will feel soooo wonderful & you'll never forget the experience!

• horsin' around!

wow...do you really want me to answer this? Where do I start ?
    When they were little, their Easter Baskets included a new beanie baby. I was thinking that this year i'm going to surprise them with a new one again since it's been a couple of years since we've done the beanie baby thing.
    We make 'empty tomb' cookies the night before...
    when they were little we also did 'resurrection eggs' if anyone is interested in either of these p.m. me & i can get you the info. I still do a batch of resurrection eggs to just have out and open, as a symbolic reminder of the holiday.
    We dye eggs with onion skins...they come out absolutely GORGEOUS! they look all amber and marbled.
    I cook a feast, even though w/ dad there's just 5 of us, but this year i'm inviting my son's new 'motley crew' of friends..most of which have no homes or family to speak of.
    we begin the day w/ sunrise service at church followed by a breakfast, then regular service. then we come home... i decorate the table w/ overturned champagne glasses w/ the decorated eggs under them..its soo pretty!
    dinner will alternate, depending on what i feel like making..sometimes traditional ham & fixings, other times enchilladas! Our favorite dessert is a cheese cake sort of pie w/ a cranberry topping...its sickeningly good! lol
    the kids also get easter baskets..even though they're 13 & 17, usually include a teen devotional, empty journal, cd's & 'goodies' .
    that's about all i can think of right now...i'll let you know if i forgot something!

• love my friends

I am working thatr night at DCA.. DOUBLE TIME. YEAH

but as for family time.. we were going to go to church. but now are going to the siter in laws for a egg hunt and food food food

should be alot of fun

Friends for life

• /sigh

Oh Pixy - We used to die the eggs with onion skins too (and put leaves and tie nylon around them)!! I didn't know anyone else knew about that!
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• horsin' around!

leaves & nylon?? how?
    i know! don't you just love them! they're GorGemouS!

that reminds me of another 'tradition' on the night we do the eggs..i make home made french-onion-soup... you've got to do something w/ all those onions! haha!

• horsin' around!

I found a link for onion skin boiled eggs!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Thanks so much for sharing, I'm loving hearing about plans that some of you have!

• Again! Again! Again!

We go to my brother's house and they have a big breakfast spread. Usually some egg casserole type thing, bacon, sausage, fruit, muffins, potatoes, stuffed french toast. My niece and nephew do an egg hunt and open presents and their baskets. After that, I will probably go down to my dad's for a couple hours or so and have a cocktail and snacks. Everyone then comes to my mom's house and the kids do another egg hunt and get their baskets from my mom. For dinner, that's easy, lamb and garlic smashed potatoes. Yummy!! And then my SIL usually makes some sort of yummy dessert or has chocolate covered strawberries.

As for the candy, Reeses PB Eggs, Snickers Eggs, the little jelly candies from Sees and the Butter Cream Eggs from Sees. The butter cream eggs are a must at easter!! One year my mom forgot and she went to at least 5 different stores to find them, but to no avail. So now she makes sure to go get them early.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12