Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

What's Hopping for Easter!

Easter is rapidly approaching, and along with being truly appreciative of the meaning of the holiday, its another holiday that involves gatherings and food.

What's your plans for this Easter.

Going out or having people over?
    Brunch or Dinner?
    What's the menu?
    What's the Easter candy you can't live without!

Be forewarned, I'm trolling for menu ideas! If I see any good ones, I might be bugging you for recipes!

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Re: What's Hopping for Easter!

I kinda such on this. We don't do anything different. The girls get Easter baskets and sometimes we hide eggs in the yard, sometimes not. But the candy... Reese's peanut butter eggs and Robin's Eggs are the ones I can't live without!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

• Happy Memories

Haven't got a clue what the plan is, but I know I have family visiting from out of state that week who I haven't seen since my grandfather's funeral. I'm looking forward to spending time with them for a less somber occasion.

• win twins

i am going to madison to be with my girlfriend and her family- should be a good time.

i love the easter time of year. spring is here, and everything is just so beautiful.
    Nothing matters in this whole wide world, when you're in love with a Iowa girl

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

I need to get up to the attic and get my stinkin' decorations down. Lazy lazy lazy.

Must have candy includes Reese's peanut butter eggs, M&M's for the plastic eggs, and....hmm, let's see. What kind of candy does JDiz HAVE to have in the baskets?? Oh yes, PEEPS BUNNIES! Yes, I eat them, but looking at there sweet little sugary colorful cuteness is what I really love.

We have a ginormous backyard (for suburbia) so we hunt real and plastic eggs the Easter Bunny has hidden for us in the yard. The Bunny fills the plastic eggs with M&M's and coins (and 2 with dollar bills), and we color the real eggs and leave them out for Mr. BunBun to hide.

When I was growing up, we used to go to Sunrise service at church and then come home to hunt eggs. It was SO hard waiting! This year, as with last year, we will go to my mom's house for egg hunt #2 and lunch. It's a nice day.
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

i'm working til 6pm on easter. But I hope to go over my best friends house and make some easter baskets to take to my god daughter

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Well as always, the week prior when I have time I'll watch Its the Easter Beagle Charlie Brown, The Easter Bunny is Comin' to Town and Peter Cottontail. Yea, I'm 38

Easter Sunday I'll pick my mom up and head to my sisters. The past few years she has had an egg hunt for us adult kids and she has awesome prizes like wine, gift cards and $$$. Dinner is potluck. I think we're having pork tenderloin bar b qued.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

O-Nut, I love the idea of egg hunting for adults, I might have to steal that one.

Thanks for the reminder on the Easter shows, I need to pull them out to watch.

• Man O Lantern

I'm not sure yet--it's sneaking up on me!!

Last Easter we went to a brunch buffet at the Governor Hotel catered by Jake's Famous Crawfish. We've gone for Mother's Day the last few years, too, and it's freaking FANTASTIC. So gluttonous and wonderful!! I should call and make reservations right now, actually! The food is out of this world....mmmmm.....prime rib, cold seafood--salmon, crawfish, shrimp cocktail, oysters....a chocolate fountain for dessert. Champagne. Why am I not calling???

We usually do Easter baskets with fun things in them--DVDs, CDs, gift certificates, candy. Plus, it's a fun reason for everyone to buy a new outfit.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Eh. Fry up a little ham and mashed potatoes. Eat LOTS of jelly beans. Feel bad for not going to church.
    That's about it.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• /sigh

Birthday weekend for me...not sure if we're doing anything....
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

This year, Easter is the day after Brian's birthday, so it is a little tricky. We are doing his party at Chuck E Cheese in Santa Clarita the night of the 15th, so we will probably spend the night at my parent's house in Glendale.

In the morning, I guess we will hide their baskets there, then head to my sisters for an egg hunt (similar to J-diz's hunt) and breakfast. Traditional meal is strada. I go hungry as I don't eat eggs.

Then we head off the my mom & step dad's for the good food.

Honey Baked Ham
    Scalloped Potatoes
    Veggies

Easter basket must haves: Whoppers (family tradition), jelly beans, reese's PB eggs, and peeps.

The kids will be getting small baskets this year. Not sure what I am putting in there yet. I already bought Ali's easter dress. Laura Ashley at Costco - who knew!
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• A Pirate's life for me!

We're staying at the Resort for the long weekend and enjoying the Easter Day Brunch at the DL Hotel in the Grand Ballroom. Awesome menu includes our favorites like shrimp, crab and prime rib. Also a whole bunch of other stuff that we don't even know what the names are.

And of course, we can't pass up on the free-flowing CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN for (one of) the desserts!

We've also done the Buffet's for Mother's Day and Thanksgiving.

After our meal, we'll waddle over to the Park to try and burn off the calories...

Happy Easter!

• I'm your huckleberry.

Everyone's plans sound like such fun!!!!! I'm a little jealous. Why is there no Passover Bunny????

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    Everyone's plans sound like such fun!!!!! I'm a little jealous. Why is there no Passover Bunny????
    Why cant you! He can put matzo in your Passover Basket.

Why cant ya have some sort of Jewish egg hunt of some sort? You can have the egg represent life or something. Make up your own rules, why live by someone elses!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast