Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Could you go to WDW/DL/DLP and NOT spend money?

I did it alot when I had my AP. Well, of course I brought money for lunch/dinner, but I digress. You can't go all day without eating/drinking. I did once (only because I forgot to) and got so sick! I finally managed to stagger to a counter service place and get some food and the sicky feeling went away for the most part and thankfully I was able to drive back to Tampa that night without incident.

• Merry 2014!

You could always bring a lunch bag with some blue ice in it to put your food in. Or eat protein bars. I have done that before and it worked out well.

I think a lot of it is mental conditioning. It may be difficult at first but like anything should get easier. Depends on priorities too. Do I want to spend a day at disney? Then this is how I have to do it.
    I do like the idea of taking pictures of the cool stuff to buy. Gonna have to try that one next time and put it in my scrapbook.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Yeah... but I always buy food there. I bring snacks and water but just can't help myself. Souviners, nah, I budget and plan for them - mostly what I buy are pins but that's one every few trips.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

I wish i could learn a way to do it cheap, especially being from the northeast/not having the luxury to drive down, etc. When my family started doing disney, we did it on a credit card and didn't worry about figuring out a way to pay it back... twenty times. Poly, concierge level at the beach club, 2 week vacations and gourmet dinner every night. Needless to say, it caught up with us. We didn't go to disney last year, and they whole fam--my parents, 30-yr-old sister, and me have all done a disney fund over the past 2 years, and i am proud to say our may vacation is completely paid for in advance. we're staying at the dixie (p.o riverside) for a week and a half and 2 months ago, had the money saved to incorporate the dining plan into the trip. i'm a travel major so i learned how to get really good airfare (pvd-mco for 200 roundtrip taxes incl) and hopefully the trip works out.
    You are splashing in the stream
    of an unremembered dream,
    you are searching through the eye
    of a seeker in the sky

• Give Peace a Chance

Yes, I'm the one walking around with my hands cuffed behind my back so that I can't get to my cash or credit cards.
    ~ MickeysGirl ºoº
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! ºoº

• Happy Memories

I did it all the time when I had my AP. Given the 2 hour drive, I would just eat something on the way. Since I had the ability to come and go as I wished with my AP, I never felt stressed to spend the entire day there seeing everything, so I just waited to grab some fast food or something after I left the park to eat on the way home. When I'm active I don't get very hungry, so a small snack and a water were pretty much the most I needed to purchase. All in all, would probably spend $10 or less actually on property each trip.

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

I don't live close enough to go often or have an AP but I think if I did, I'd spend money each time. At least on a drink or a snack, I don't want to drag it around with me all day. But, I wouldn't spend a lot. $30 per trip would probably do us fine.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

• I'm your huckleberry.

I almost always eat at least one meal at the park, but other than that, I usually don't spend much money there. There has to be some new, really appealing merch for me to decide to pick up a souvenier.

My daughter on the other hand, she'll spend her allowance at the NewsStand if I'd let her!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Nope, impossible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12