Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Man O Lantern

What's in Your Easter Basket?

I went shopping on Sunday for the kids' Easter basket goodies, and I was wondering....what do you put in your kids' Easter baskets??

I used to never put candy in their baskets. I'd do one thing, then fill it with toys, like a Christmas stocking, basically. My in-laws would give them a candy-filled basket, so I never bothered. Plus, I used to buy their candy from them....they never got to keep their Halloween candy either!!

But as they've gotten older, I started buying some candy, too, since my in-laws always buy crappy non-chocolate candy and the kids never eat it. Plus, my in-laws will mix M&M's and money in plastic eggs, and I won't let them eat the M&Ms if they're touching coins. But every year my father-in-law puts a ton of time and effort into doing these fantastic baskets for them and I think it's so cute of him!!

My oldest is getting the High School Musical soundtrack, a 1000 pc. puzzle and the Grease DVD in her basket with a chocolate bunny, those giant Reese's eggs, plastic eggs filled with M&M's, assorted Ghiradelli chocolates and boxes of Nerds.

My seven year old is getting Ghostbusters 1 & 2 and a monster worm ball (she's looooves those gross icky toys) with the same candy as her sister, but also a thing of Bubble Tape instead of Nerds.

My five year old is getting Ice Age and an Angelina Ballerina doll and DVD set and the same candy as her sisters, plus some pink sprinkles (she likes them on her hot chocolate).

I also bought them Peeps for the first time ever and they're each getting a gorgeous wrapped frosted sugar cookie from a coffee place in our neighborhood....but I doubt anyone will eat them. My husband also got them each a $5 Starbucks card, and my mom gave me $20 to hide in each of their baskets. I thought that was really sweet!! My father in law called yesterday to say he finished their other baskets yesterday...he's so excited, it's cute!

I know people who spend a TON on baskets every year...I try to be careful with how much I spend, but it's hard...I don't buy them a ton of toys or DVDs throughout the year. Christmas, their birthdays and Easter is pretty much it. And I buy candy almost never, so it feels really weird for me to buy them any at all....

What do you do?

• Man O Lantern

Re: What in Your Easter Basket?

OMG, the title should be What's, not What. I hate that! Can a mod fix it for me, please?? Thanks!!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

NOpe I refuse to change it so everyone can bask in your error

Kyler's getting a Raiders(bleech)jersey(way too much $ in my opinon, but football is becoming a huge thing between him and K and K went and got it on his own, so my lips are zipped) Narnia DVD, jelly bellys & container, Pez(every year) a raider pen and some football acessories from the $1 section at target for his room(night light, tap light etc) instead of a choc bunny I got him white chocolate blueberry bark from costplus

Shawn got Narnia sword & shield set, Chicken Little DVD, Edmund figure, jelly bellys & container, Pez, a Yu Gi Oh chocolate egg, and some little penguin things from Cost Plus.

They are both getting tee-shirts from their cats Shawn got a Narnia one and Kyler got a Raiders one.

My mom is adding a $10 bill in an egg for each of them.

I bought some coffee, jordan almonds and I'll buy myself a starbucks card for my basket yes I do them for me and kurt too. I got him some Chocolates from Cost Plus that look like poker chips and some Whoppers(he loves those damn things)

We're actually doing a big Easter Dinner on Saturday night this year, since people have to drive a long drive home on Sunday. Sunday I'll do a brunch with croissants, muffins(2 types) and an egg brunch dish.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Man O Lantern

That freaking title is gonna drive me nuts. You suck.

Be sure to put Knots Landing in your basket, Tina!!

We just made our reservations for brunch at 10:30 on Easter. We're going downtown to the Governor Hotel for the Jake's-catered meal in the ballroom. So. freaking. good. I look forward to it all year!

Happy to see that I don't go over-the-top on the baskets compared to yours, dmom!!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    Happy to see that I don't go over-the-top on the baskets compared to yours, dmom!!
    Assmunch

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Man O Lantern

Re: What's in Your Easter Basket?

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    Assmunch
    Have I mentioned...you suck?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Stop the bickering! You're stressing me out!

Now, kiss and make up!!
    <guess what I want for Easter? to watch!>

• My cuties!

My two are getting Wiggles videos, bathtub animal puppets, parachute bunnies, Peeps grow sponge thingies, Tigger and Cinderella sidewalk chalk, some stickers and Disney post it notes. I did buy some candy but most of it will go in my husband's basket. I think this year I am going to have them go on a scavenger hunt for their baskets with the clues in plastic eggs.

• Man O Lantern

Snort! This is turning into the DMCA.

Chloe is on my lap and she wanted to know why I was laughing. I said, "Oh, Tina." She said, "Is she the girl in the picture?" She pointed at my avatar of Little Edie....I said, "Yep, that's her!"

• My cuties!

You're baaaad Stink!!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    Snort! This is turning into the DMCA.

Chloe is on my lap and she wanted to know why I was laughing. I said, "Oh, Tina." She said, "Is she the girl in the picture?" She pointed at my avatar of Little Edie....I said, "Yep, that's her!"
    Chloe, my future stripping friend don't turn on me!!!
    Mommy steals all your starbucks cards I swear and she talks like this "what in your basket"

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• My cuties!

Mommy steals all your starbucks cards I swear and she talks like this "what in your basket"

• Man O Lantern

Now I'm cracking up!!! Chloe almost got knocked on the floor I'm laughing so hard. She said, "What's so funny honey?" How do I explain??

What in your basket? You suck. I wonder where Kelly put those cute little Starbucks cards anyway......

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Psssssssssss Chloe is mommy wearing a scrunchie right now?? You can tell us, we're your friends

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Original Mice-Chatter

I used to do baskets with toys and stuff- not anymore. My kids do not need any more toys or stuffed things. Plus I don't like turning Easter into a holiday with gift expectations. The kids like the candy I get- so it all works out.

In fact- I will be going out at lunch to get stuff. This afternoon will find me munching a bag of Cadbury mini-eggs. (putting off diet til next week)

We'll be going to our local Six Flags on Sunday- should be fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast