Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• A Pirate's life for me!

Another child gets left behind

Yet another child gets left alone for hours...

I read in my newspaper this morning about another poor child being left alone in a car. It was reported in Monterey. The parents arrived at a movie theatre and found that their 3 year old fell asleep. Being the "good parents that they are", they didn't want to wake the poor child, so they made an executive decision to leave him alone in the car while they went in and enjoyed the movie!!!

While the parents were enjoying their sodas and popcorn, a passerby saw the child and waited for the (unknown) parents to come out and get their kid. After about 20 minutes, the good samaritan called the police. The police arrived and removed the child from the car and notified CPS.

Later that evening, the parents called the police to report that their child was missing. The police told them that they had the child. The parents were subsequently cited for a misdemeanor charge and at the most could get a year in jail. (yeah, right!)

The child was in the custody of CPS. It was not said if/when they were going to return the child to the loving parents.

These people don't deserve a kid!!!

I say to put the poor kid up for adoption to a family that actually wants a child. Obviously, these parents find that having a kid is too much of a burden for them.

Can you imagine??? Purposely leaving your child in a car while you go in and watch a movie???

I just hope that the immediate feelings that they experienced when they found their child missing will last them a lifetime! They deserve much worse!

They should be hung up by their short hairs...
    Last edited by PirateMickey; 04-13-2006 at 04:37 PM.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Re: Another child get left behind

What kind of world is it where leaving a child alone in a car for HOURS... on PURPOSE is a misdemeanor?!?!??!?!

I'm with you PirateMickey... get a rope.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Banned User

Makes me sick !! Get a babysitter or don't go to the movies!! or do something better do not have kids!

• Still wants to be a cat!

The "accidental" forgetfulness of a parent still doesn't set right with me, but to do it on purpose! Yikes!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Give Peace a Chance

I hate to offend anyone, but after working as an infertility case manager, I am convinced that people should be required to take IQ tests prior to being allowed to procreate. There are just some people who are not capable of being good parents. They do not have the temperament nor the mentality for it.
    The fact that you know how to have sex does not a good parent make.
    These parents should not only be fined, serve time, but if they are to get their child back they should be required to go through intensive classes on how to care for a child and then only have the child on a probationary period to see if they are truly ready to assume responsibility for the life if a child.
    ~ MickeysGirl ºoº
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! ºoº

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Agreed, Mickey's Girl. You have to take a test to get a driver's license, but any yahoo can make more babies than they can take care of. It's not right.
    A signature should go here.

• Practically Perfect

not to start something...but I don't think 3 years old is even the age to be taking your kid to the movies. Maybe it's just me...but they're not going to remember the movie or anything, and sadly the vast majority of 3 year old movie-goers are the ones who cry and talk (especially when the parents are stupid enough to take them to see something like Jurassic Park for example). If you're gonna go out and not include your child find a babysitter!

• I am a Pluto lover

Ive often wondered how people like this can have kids
    and yet, people like myself can not have more than one or any.

Im thankful for my son, Ive always wanted more. God doesnt see it that way. But people who can do things like this or worse can have kids.

It will always make me wonder.....

Im with Mickey's Girl... people should be tested...
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Wow, that is horrible parenting there. It's unbelievable really, and barely a slap on the wrist has been done about it so far. I can't even imagine. Do you know if the child woke up before the cops came? How scary for them!

Qausi, that's not so. 3 year olds remember way more than you think. Mine can quote movies and still talks about seeing Chicken Little in the theater. She still talks about going to WDW and that was before she turned 3. I remember things from when I was 2, actually. However, any loud being in a theater should be removed, no matter their age.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

• I am a Pluto lover

When I worked in a grocery store, we had a woman leave her child sleeping in the car. He was about 3 or 4. He woke up and another cutomer found him wondering the parking lot. This was about 9pm. We found the parent at the other store next door to ours.

No lie... 3 weeks later, the same child is brought to me. Found wondering the parking lot at night. Had been asleep in the car, AGAIN. We called the police, (after I told my boss I would quit if he didnt let me) and the woman couldnt understand why.

I often wonder what happened to that little boy.
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

•   
    • Prefect

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by quasimodo1384
    not to start something...but I don't think 3 years old is even the age to be taking your kid to the movies. Maybe it's just me...but they're not going to remember the movie or anything, and sadly the vast majority of 3 year old movie-goers are the ones who cry and talk (especially when the parents are stupid enough to take them to see something like Jurassic Park for example). If you're gonna go out and not include your child find a babysitter!
    crying children in theatres is my #2 reason for NOT going to the movies (#1 being the outrageous prices). i mean taking a 3-year-old to see "Chicken Little" or "Pooh's Heffalump Movie" is one thing, but taking them to see an adult-oriented movie is another. i wonder what movie they were going to see? hmmmm....
    <o>

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Honestly, why bring the kid in, waste money on a ticket, and not even have him watch it!

Waste of money if you ask me!

Kudos to the parents!

*rolls eyes*
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

•   
    • Prefect

Blog Entries

^not to mention the money you save on concession snacks! what a rip-off!
    <o>

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick
    ^not to mention the money you save on concession snacks! what a rip-off!
    I always sneak food in. Concession stands is where they get ya! Just like insurance on a rental car. You don't need it people!

Just sneak in some root beer, and leave your kid in the uninsured rental car! Perfect inexpensive cheap night out!
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast