Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Re: NHL Playoffs, Official MC Thread

You know the Niedermayers? You know them? Thats amazing..

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

Sweet is all i have to say, So whats everyones veiws on the calgary anhiem game last night
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

• Rawr...

HA! Avs win the series! I haven't been paying attention to any other teams. Anyone know who else is playing in their division?
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

Bye Detroit! I think we now know what was the best division this year. Imagine the seeding if the NW teams didn't have to face each other 8 times! Go Avs!!

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

Let's update this...

Western Conference:
    1. z - Detroit: 124
    2. y - Dallas: 111
    3. y - Calgary: 103
    4. x - Nashville: 104
    5. x - San Jose: 99
    6. x - Anaheim: 98
    7. x- Colorado: 95
    8. x - Edmonton: 93

Eastern Conference:
    1. y - Ottawa: 113
    2. y- Carolina: 112
    3. y - New Jersey: 101
    4. x - Buffalo: 110
    5. x - Philadelphia: 101
    6. x - New York: 100
    7. x - Montreal: 93
    8. x - Tampa Bay: 92

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I guess it was a school night. I guess that's why I'm not seeing a reaction from the Calgary contingent after last night's loss to the Ducks in Anaheim. In defense of Splash and Disneyfanatic, the game didn't start until 8pm Pacific. Still, here it is 9-30 the next morning... I guess they're just counting on the fact that a game 7 win in Calgary is a sure thing...

ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) -- Anaheim defenseman Scott Niedermayer scored the go-ahead goal on a brilliant play after Ilya Bryzgalov had kept the Mighty Ducks in the game.
    Niedermayer's power-play goal with 5:37 remaining lifted Anaheim to a 2-1 victory Monday night over the Calgary Flames and forced Game 7 in their Western Conference playoffs.
    "We played well tonight, but we had to. We had no choice," Niedermayer said. "Now all we've got is another chance to go back out there and play hard again."
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=260501025

Well, to his credit, I do believe that SplashMountain did predict a six or seven game series...

And the Oilers move on, and there's no joy in Hockeytown...

Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

I would hardly call the play brilliant Barry. Niedermayer was trying to centre and it accidentily went off Warrener into the net. Flukey, but homerism is to be expected from a local paper. I was also a little peeved by the 9 pm start time. It means I'm up til midnight and I have to be up by 6 the next day.

Anyway, I hate game 7's. It could go either way really, with the Flames having the slight advantage. But if we are not desperate enough and Anaheim is then we are finished. We have a history of performing well in big games, but still... I'm worried.

What makes me happy is that Anaheim is trying to play Calgary's game. The only problem is that when Calgary is playing Calgary's game, guess who's better at it? Game three and five we played our side to perfection, and the result was almost 2 blowouts. Today we need Iginla to step up to the plate and play his heart out. We need Kipper to make those amazing saves and keep Selanne leaning over in frustration. We need Huselius to use his amazing hands to weave between players and make that perfect pass. We need Phaneuf to realize that he can play hockey, and is actually pretty good! If our defense is top notch... we have this one in the bag.

Should be good.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have been noticing that splashmountainfreak, our OP and official MiceChat Hockey Expert has not simply been mumbling to himself, at all, in this thread.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by splashmountainfreak
    I would hardly call the play brilliant Barry. Niedermayer was trying to centre and it accidentily went off Warrener into the net. Flukey, but homerism is to be expected from a local paper. I was also a little peeved by the 9 pm start time. It means I'm up til midnight and I have to be up by 6 the next day.
    Should be good.
    Splash ... I always appreciate your opinions, and you indeed did call this correctly that it could go down to game seven, which it is.

To clarify a couple of points...the article I used in my post was not from a "hometown" paper...it was written by an Associated Press writer, and posted on espn.com...

As for the late start time ... it was only a half-hour later than the normal Ducks home game face-off...and as we all know, starting times for everything in sports, especially at playoff time, are dictated by television. All pro sports basically give the networks this right, in return for the gazillions of dollars they get in rights fees. Good or bad, that's been the golden rule for as long as I can remember.

That's why few kids east of the Rockies gets to see the end of a Monday Night Football game or World Series game, and most folks in California can't get home in time to see the start of the game, but that's for another thread.

Anyway...anything can happen in a game seven...and Splash, I respect your opinions so I hope you will continue to provide analysis for the rest of the playoffs no matter who wins tonight.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ecdlanddude
    Let's update this...

Western Conference:
    1. z - Detroit: 124
    2. y - Dallas: 111
    3. y - Calgary: 103
    4. x - Nashville: 104
    5. x - San Jose: 99
    6. x - Anaheim: 98
    7. x- Colorado: 95
    8. x - Edmonton: 93
    [/strike]
    If I remember correctly Ron Wilson former Sharks Coach (former Ducks Coach) predicted this will be the case...

Which makes me wonder, is it going to be Colorado or Edmonton for the Sharks... Either way, they get home ice...

(I don't know who I would prefer Anahiem or Calgary to win...)

CHOMP!
    Last edited by cellarhound; 05-03-2006 at 03:32 PM.
    Check out my other blog:

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    Splash ... I always appreciate your opinions, and you indeed did call this correctly that it could go down to game seven, which it is.

To clarify a couple of points...the article I used in my post was not from a "hometown" paper...it was written by an Associated Press writer, and posted on espn.com...

As for the late start time ... it was only a half-hour later than the normal Ducks home game face-off...and as we all know, starting times for everything in sports, especially at playoff time, are dictated by television. All pro sports basically give the networks this right, in return for the gazillions of dollars they get in rights fees. Good or bad, that's been the golden rule for as long as I can remember.

That's why few kids east of the Rockies gets to see the end of a Monday Night Football game or World Series game, and most folks in California can't get home in time to see the start of the game, but that's for another thread.

Anyway...anything can happen in a game seven...and Splash, I respect your opinions so I hope you will continue to provide analysis for the rest of the playoffs no matter who wins tonight.

--Barry
    Ah, ESPN, how I hate thee. Sorry Barry, but I simply cannot stand the network.

And Barry, don't worry, no matter the outcome I will still follow the playoffs and provide analysis. I know I've been a bit lackluster for the past while, but thats because I've been hiding under a mountian of homework.

Of course though I pray to God almighty that we win. A loss would be rather devestating having followed this team so religiously. The fact that Edmonton made it would only worsen things.

Well, whatever happens happens. It's go time.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Splash - I just wanted to be the first to - very sincerely - say that I feel badly for you, and Fanaticboy, and our other MC friends in Calgary.

I was really kind of torn as to who I wanted to see win this series...I do like to see the local teams here do well, but I rooted for the Flames for your sake.

Give credit where it's due...Anaheim comes from behind 3-2 in the series, and wins a game seven shutout (3-0) in Calgary. The Mighty Ducks, somewhat unbelievably, advance to round 2. Guess I'll go ahead and root for the Anaheim team now.

Having said that, going down through the years with teams like my Angels and my old Los Angeles Rams, I know how painful these kind of playoff losses can be for an avid fan like yourself. Like a punch to the gut, seriously.

Just wanted to let you know...the feeling does go away. Eventually.

I am sure that there will be some long faces around Calgary tomorrow.

--Barry

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Thanks Barry, I really appreciate the sympathy... but I'm going to go kill myself now. It was nice knowing you all.

Eurgh, why do they do this to me? Have an amazing season and then go the way of Detroit and Dallas and completely crap the bed.

The better team won .

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by splashmountainfreak
    Thanks Barry, I really appreciate the sympathy... but I'm going to go kill myself now. It was nice knowing you all.
    We're all here for you, Splash...we'll help you through it...

Barry

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The agony of defeat. The utter loss to know what to say to the friend who is feeling the pain. This too will pass. The Flames will rise up again to bring joy to their fans.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast