Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Re: NHL Playoffs, Official MC Thread

Well, you should try to learn about hockey, you'd be presently surprised out how wonderful it is.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I use to watch a lot of hockey, when my older son still lived at home. I am going to have to check, and see what games are televised. I can certainly watch Hockey and MiceChat.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

You most certainly can

Hockey is the #1 sport in this house! Too bad LA won't make the playoffs. Playoff hockey is da bomb, though. I'll cheer for whoever takes out Dallas.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Yeah, I hope the Stars are out before the Western Conference Semi-Final. They're the team I'm most afraid of.

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Only game today is Carolina and Tampa. A Tampa loss would open the doors for Toronto to get into the Playoffs. They are only 3 points back, and are heating up. It would also let Atlanta in if they win their next game.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

GO RED WINGS!!!!!

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Calgary would beat the Red Wings in a series. You rely heavily on your offence , and it can be shut down easily by our defence.

But, they aren't going to win the Presidents Trophy for nothing, they're a good club.

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Carolina has beaten Tampa 5-4 in OT. This puts Atlanta back 3 points and Toronto back 4. This means that for the Leafs to make the playoffs they're going to have to win each of the next 3 games and Tampa will have to lose the next 2.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    you'll be surprised at the number of hockey fans we have here, Morrigoon, Talon, Mamabot and myself at the very least..though I'm a fan of the Wild, so the playoffs don't mean much to me this season. but there is nothing more exciting than overtime in the stanley cup playoffs.
    I concur. I've been a hockey fan since the Kings first joined the league...when the "original 6" became 12 in 1967. And indeed, there is nothing in sports quite like Stanley Cup playoff hockey.

Having said that, I still have some unresolved anger with the only sport that I'm aware of to cancel an entire season over a labor dispute. The NHL Players Association has to be one of the weakest unions in labor history.

Anyway, the Kings are out...so I guess I'll go for the used to be -Mighty-Ducks of Anaheim...my hockey education has lapsed a bit this year.

Final note...Luc Robitaille...class act...one of the most popular Kings in the history of the franchise. His family owns Robitaille's Fine Candies, well known to tourists in Carpinteria, California...blocks from the ocean, about five miles from my La Conchita estate.

And I don't know that we have all that man baseball fans...we just post a lot.

Let's drop the puck!!!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Lucky Luc is definitely one of the more popular Kings out there.

Sean Avery on the other hand... *looks at "Owned" clip in avatar and smiles*

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

My bias aside, I have no idea. It's truly a toss-up because all of the teams that should be rocking are either slumping or are faced with untimely injuries to key players. Dominek Hasek for the Sens and Modano for the Stars being some of the most prominent.

The Red Wings simply aren't built for the playoffs. They aren't grinders and cannot last against teams that can knock them over the ice because they don't have anyone to match their size. However, if they are lucky and play easy teams with even moderate goalies or defence, they will definitely make it deep.

I can't see an Eastern team winning the cup. Most of the teams rely heavily on offensive production, and have generally sub-par defences. Shut down the offence, and they're done.

The Sharks I can see going all the way, it depends if Thornton keeps it up. If he turns into a zombie come the playoffs, like he has been known to do, the Sharks will not make it past the first round.

The Oil have crappy goaltending. 'Nuff said.

The Preds, a once very frightening team to play, have recently lost their star goaltender to injury. They won't last.

The Aves can score goals, and can pretty much beat any team. However, if they don't score enough, they're finished. Rob Blake and Theodore simply aren't enough to hold the front on the defensive side.

The Stars are like the Wings, not built for the playoffs for the same reason.

The Ducks have been hot, but bad goaltending and lack of physical play will probably be leading them to an early exit.

Finally, the Flames just don't score enough. It's been the monkey on their back the whole season and will probably stay there throughout the run. However, the strongest d-man core in the league coupled with the best goalie can win them games over and over. They just need to score a couple, and they'll usually win.

Thoughts?

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Cool Re: NHL Playoffs, Official MC Thread

Go Thrashers!!
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Thrashers playoff hopes are looking slim unfortunately. They are 3 points back of 8th place Tampa Bay and have 3 games to play. All Tampa has to do is play .500 their next 2 games and Atlanta will have to win each of the next three.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I was telling my husband about the Calgary Flames Hockey Fan on MiceChat. I asked him about some of the team names that were mentioned in this thread, We got out the newspaper. I was not aware that there are now 30 Hockey teams. Hockey being played all over the continental United States. I watched a lot of hockey with my oldest son, when there were only 6 teams. The Blackhawks, Bruins, Canadiens, Maple Leafs, Rangers, and the Red Wings.

I learn so much on MiceChat. I have renewed interests in a lot of things, since becoming a member of MiceChat. I have to leave the television on more, and check out the times for more Hockey games.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast