• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

School Violence..

We all know that schools are not as safe an environment as they use to be. Many people are being bullied, bring weapons to school, take drugs on school, etc. My question to you is what should be done to make schools more safer?

• Sock Puppet

Re: School Violence..

Airport security! "Please take off your shoes for me. I have to pat you down now."

I don't think that this is something that schools can fight on their own. In a perfect world... all parents would be involved in their children's lives and solve the root of the problem. But I do think that schools should train all teachers to be open and be there for their students. There was a school shooting in my town a month ago. A teacher hugged a boy until he dropped the gun and told him that she cared about him and didn't want to see him do that. Maybe a large violence prevention training program for teachers... yaya or nay?

• no flash photography...

it's the parents fault. The kids learn from their parents. My daughter has a friend whos parents tell her, "if you fight you better win."...not do not fight. The same parents were also having ahuge fist figth with thoer nighbors once.....some people just should not breed. A school cannot undo what the child has learned since birth.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Well it is also the bullies fault...which eventually gets put on the lap of the bullies parents...

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Well it is also the bullies fault...which eventually gets put on the lap of the bullies parents...
    yes, but if the kids being bullied had a supportive caring family they would handle it differently.....so...I still feel it's the parents fault.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I agree

• They wanna know, HO!

We all know that schools are not as safe an environment as they use to be. Many people are being bullied, bring weapons to school, take drugs on school, etc. My question to you is what should be done to make schools more safer?
    Teen crime is down, the last time my school was in trouble it was in an outside circumstance (aka DC Sniper), etc.

Schools are safe.

NOW, on to drugs. Druge use is up, and I won't hide it. I haven't taken any, but I know kids who have.

NOW, back to the topic.

Middle school was the hardest. High School was pretty sweet. Most bullying happens in middle school, and I only had some problems in high.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by testtrack321
    Teen crime is down, the last time my school was in trouble it was in an outside circumstance (aka DC Sniper), etc.

Schools are safe.

NOW, on to drugs. Druge use is up, and I won't hide it. I haven't taken any, but I know kids who have.

NOW, back to the topic.

Middle school was the hardest. High School was pretty sweet. Most bullying happens in middle school, and I only had some problems in high.
    Schools are safe in your area. Over here in Southern California, Blacks and Latinos are literally trying to kill each other off...

Racial tension is way too thick...

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries

The schools only reflect the community at large. Good communities ususally creates good schools. Bullying though, it is something that will aqlwqays happen. All animals fight for dominace. The more powerful take on the weak and wussy. Kids beat on me and I beat on other kids.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by testtrack321

Schools are safe.

NOW, back to the topic.

You must have never visited the schools I went to . Just about every week there was a fight, the schoolmates that I have talked to always bragged about doing drugs in the school bathroom, and yes bullying still is a big issue here. I have seen Bullying in schools all the way up til I attended college.

I talked to my former high school art teacher a month ago and she said that the fighting has gotten over 3 times as worst in that school.

• Happy 2007!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    Schools are safe in your area. Over here in Southern California, Blacks and Latinos are literally trying to kill each other off...

Racial tension is way too thick...
    We are having a lot of racial tension this year at my school as well. We are in Northern California.

• Happy 2007!

You must have never visited the schools I went to . Just about every week there was a fight, the schoolmates that I have talked to always bragged about doing drugs in the school bathroom, and yes bullying still is a big issue here. I have seen Bullying in schools all the way up til I attended college.

I talked to my former high school art teacher a month ago and she said that the fighting has gotten over 3 times as worst in that school.
    We've had a huge increase in discipline issues at my school this year too. And the fights tend to be more brutal fights where kids end up needing paramedics. I had attributed it to all of the budget cuts we had for the last few years, but especially last year, when administrators and counselors were cut. Also we ended up with about 500 more kids than we were expecting at the beginning of the year. We have been discussing how to address these issues, but most solutions we come up with cost money.