• Almost there!

Filling/Feeling the Void...

I have a favorite song by Don Williams, called "Lord I Hope This Day Is Good". It often plays in my head on days when I really want a break from work/life. Especially, if I feel like a hooky day. The last time I was at DLR was a planned hooky day for me, and its been several weeks since. I am soooo wanting my black-out period to be over NOW! Today, could certainly be one of those days, if only I could go....

Just wondering what any of you do to fill the void of going to DL (besides the boards). How do you keep your patience?!
    There comes a time when silence is a betrayal — not only of one's personal convictions, or even of one's country alone, but also of our deeper obligations to humanity.~ Words of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

See my newest pictures at:

Re: Filling/Feeling the Void...

How would you like it if you were only going once per year?

Christmas only comes once a year, and for me, so to does Disneyland. So, I sort of store my Christmas anticipation, in with Disney. It makes it easier that way, to lump them both together.

I have my pictures and trip report close at hand. I keep my old Park Hopper and room key in my wallet.

• For You!

I totally agree! I only get to go once a year (except this year I'm going twice!). So, I fill my time making my scrapbook from the previous trip - talking on MiceChat and keeping up with all things Disney. And yes, dreaming of when I'm going next!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Well, I only get to go once a year, living in Texas and all. So, I fill it here and by planning and dreaming with Dsnylndmom about our next trip.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by dixilandgirl
    I have a favorite song by Don Williams, called "Lord I Hope This Day Is Good". It often plays in my head on days when I really want a break from work/life. Especially, if I feel like a hooky day. The last time I was at DLR was a planned hooky day for me, and its been several weeks since. I am soooo wanting my black-out period to be over NOW! Today, could certainly be one of those days, if only I could go....

Just wondering what any of you do to fill the void of going to DL (besides the boards). How do you keep your patience?!
    I go nuts if I'm away from the park for more than a couple of weeks!!!!

I think the way I "fill the void" is to really submerse myself in Disneyana. I keep the "Happiest Homecoming on Earth" CD's in my car at all times.... for just this type of emergency. Listening to the music from the Tiki Room or "...Remember" can really soothe a Disneyland-starved soul.

Although I must say that these boards and talking with other Disney-freaks can go a long way in making the time until your next trip fly by!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Merry 2014!

I play VMK on occasion. It is like being at the parks because of the music and scenery. I only go once a year too. Right now I am wishing it was october!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

Ah, the age old--- how do I survive between my next visit question. It's a tough one. I tend to:

-Log onto MC.
    -Look at pictures of previous trips (or bug NNL about getting some of said pics-- sorry LB!)
    -Listen to the Rhodes 6 disc set (and other DL audio files *cough*1313*cough)
    -Watch Ernest Goes to Splash Mt. or Home Videos of the park when I was a kid.
    -Hum the Peoplemover themes
    -Recite Paul Frees HM spiel
    -Get a churro from El Pollo Loco
    -Pester people with DL trivia
    -Read from Mouse Tales , Nickel Tour or DL: Inside Story
    -Wear my Storybookland T-Shirt (sparingly, don't want to wear it out)
    -Daydream

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

... this is slightly off topic but.... I use to play that song every morning before I went to work. I love Don Williams..

On topic....

I just dream happy Mickey Mouse dreams...

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Princess of my own world

We used to go every December until we had some family issues, but to fill the void I joined MiceChat, which has helped...but in a way it makes me want to go more.

But I listen to sounds and songs I have. I actually have the whole POTC ride soundtrack. So I like to listen to it and pretend I'm on the ride. I also have the Fatasmic show soundtrack so I can listen to the whole show. ^-^