Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trip Canceled

• Banned User

Trip Canceled

Well. After talking with my wife, we have decided we must postpone our trip till the end of the year. Rent has gone up an gas is $2.50/gal so God only knows what it's like in Orlando.

Every year it's something. I have been attempting this trip for 8 years. 8 YEARS!!! And something always messes it up.

$200 short. If I had just started saving 2 months eairlier we'd be all set and on our way in 26 days.

So to everyone going in May Hug the Mouse for me.

• Know More Than You Should

I'm sorry. i know you must have been looking forward to that trip. I'm sure you'll be able to think of something. maybe next year?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33
    I'm sorry. i know you must have been looking forward to that trip. I'm sure you'll be able to think of something. maybe next year?

Well. I hope we think of something by the end of this year. Our tickets expire Dec 30 2005.

• Feel the breeze!

Quote Originally Posted by monorail_rider
    Well. I hope we think of something by the end of this year. Our tickets expire Dec 30 2005.
    <comfort> I am sure you will find some way to make it.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Oh I'm so sorry to hear that! Is there anyway at all to make it? Cut off a day or downgrade hotel? I'm so sorry!!

Btw, gas is $2.41 here today, last week I paid $2.27, it's crazy! Having an Expedition I can totally relate.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• For old time sake

I'm sorry about your trip!!!!
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Back home :-(

I'm so sorry! I know how upset I would be if I had to cancel my trip. Other than send you money (sorry, I don't have any either :P), is there anything we can help with? Is there anyway you can cut something else? (We always cut the food budget since we always over budget for that)

• Minion

Sorry to hear about the cancelled trip! I've traveled on a strict budget all over the world for decades and wonder if you aren't calling a halt to your plans prematurely. Don't know what your budget was for the trip or how much was allocated but, being $200 short sounds like a small amount.

Others have made sound suggestions. I always stayed at a basic but clean hotel (there are loads of budget accomodations available in the areas around the park) within walking distance and some have shuttle service.

Eat breakfast in your room by shopping locally and picking up fresh rolls, yogurt, fruit, etc. If you drink, carry your own wine or liquor. It'll shave a huge amount off your nice dinner out by having cocktails in the room beforehand. Many supermarkets make good deli sandwiches from scratch for you.

If you have a credit card I'd seriously consider using it. That's not a lot to pay off over a couple months if you don't go crazy and exceed that shortfall. Good luck...8 years was too long to wait!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    Oh I'm so sorry to hear that! Is there anyway at all to make it? Cut off a day or downgrade hotel? I'm so sorry!!

Btw, gas is $2.41 here today, last week I paid $2.27, it's crazy! Having an Expedition I can totally relate.

Well. we're only doing one day. and we're staying with friends so no hotel.

The only thing we even need money for is food & gas. The gas is the big thing. I am goign to talk to our landlord and see if she can wait one month to raise our rent. (shes really nice and helps out) If she does then we can go.

Thank you all for your support.
    Last edited by monorail_rider; 04-06-2005 at 12:09 PM.

• Race Car Driver

Can you share the gas with someone or take the bus?....

dont count food cause you have to eat no matter where you are.

If you dont speed you will use less gas. ( trust me I know) it just takes longer to get there is all....

This maybe naughty, however if you dont pay a bill, if your always on time.... they wont cut you off.

There is always a way.
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

• Back home :-(

Two quick tips that help us:

At home, we cut our grocery budget - I had to get super creative, but we still managed to eat fairly well. It was easy to save money this way...

At the park, I'm not a big eater, so I ordered a kid's meal and found that for the most part, it was enough for me. Don't buy drinks - drink water that you've brought in.

As for the gas, unfortunately, other than not speeding, not having your windows rolled down and not running the A/C all the time, there's not much you can do. Hopefully your car is fuel efficient!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Snacks
    This maybe naughty, however if you dont pay a bill, if your always on time.... they wont cut you off.
    LOL We though of that (and did it) and wouldnt you know. come the first. we have been hit with phone calls non stop. they call every hour for the past 2 weeks.

Well. heres what we're going to do. The landlord wont hold off on raising rent so we'll have to wait, so we're still saving $10 each pay check in our "Disney Jar" but we're goign to take a littl eout and go to the Georgia Rennaisance Fesstival during that weekend instead. We'll set our Disney trip for end of Sept. Sept 25th is my wife and I one year anniversary and thats the last weekend of Spet so it'll be perfect.

Thanks everyone.

• Banned User

WOW Just reset my countdown. was hard to see it go fro 24 days to 168 days.

• Practically Perfect

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope it all works out for you this time! Hang in there!

• Bear Member

I know how you feel. I had always wanted to go to WDW since it was opened, and planned my first trip when I was 36. I had planned for 6 months a Orlando/Ft. Lauderdale trip for myself and my partners. Unfortunately, our depature date was September 11th, 2001.
    By the time the airline were going to let us fly, our vacation was going to be over. It was a full year before we could coordinate a time to go. (I won't go during the summer, I avoid crowds).
    It was very disappointing, but I couldn't really talk about it. In the grand scheme of what was going on then, our cancelled vacation was a pretty small concern.
    If it's any consolation, we were able to reflect on our plans for a whole year, and had better plans than before!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast