Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

• Old Timer

Oh yeah, I remember those $2 bills very well!

Just shows how alienated the younger generation is with the past!
    Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
    "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    Actually, I went to Military School in the late 70's, and we got $5 a week as an "allowance", it was always 2 $2 bills, and a $1 bill.... so I have had a long history with the bill. I also worked in the canteen, and took in plenty of the $2 bills. When we went on the road for sporting events, etc. seemed like we always got the "huh" look when we tried to pay with them....

Spent a month in Canada last year, and their smallest bill is now a $5, but they have loonies and twoonies, $1 and $2 coins.... That was a bit strange to give someone $10, and get back all coin for just a small purchase....

• Old Timer

Yes its different in Canada, course I had to drive through it to get where I live now in Alaska, they have different priorities for the people.

Our monetary system is a bit funny in retrospect, in the future I suppose we will just use barter or "credit" chips.
    Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
    "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

• Where's the Big Dipper?

When my dad was working at his company, they got $2 as a reward for ...umm... not quite sure!
    It was always a brand new, crisp $2 bill. I think we have a stack we could sell to the guy in the story!
    She walks in beauty, like the night
    Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
    And all that's best of dark and bright
    Meet in her aspect and her eyes.....

--Lord Byron

Can you believe that the manager and the employee are both functioning members of society?!?!?! I just can't believe that someone could be that clueless....

I've got some!

I've got 2 $2 in my wallet right now. Been in there forever and I just can't part with them for some reason. Funny story though. Sort of makes me want to go and spend them.

• Minion

ORDDU: Hello, Darkbeer, duckling!! I just wanted you to know you're being watched over no matter which web-footed site you happen to be visiting these days!

ORGOCH: Stalkin' him's whatcha REALLY ought ta say, witch!! An' if'n I was yerself, Darkbeer, ducklin', I'd be very afraid right 'bout now. Got any good hidin' places? I'll try ta git her attention away from ya fer as long as I can--'til ya finds a good place where the old hag won't find ya!! Hurry, now!!

That's weird that the manager of a store didn't even know there was such a thing as a $2 bill!! Haha... like someone would go through that much trouble just to "steal" a one dollar burrito.

• Banned User

I think i will be going to the band and ask for a bunch of $2 bills... (I have a 1976 2 dolalr bill.... and a 1992 2 dollar bill..... Don't they make those any more... or stop and hope to phase them out....)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BradysGirl
    Can you believe that the manager and the employee are both functioning members of society?!?!?! I just can't believe that someone could be that clueless....
    Of course they're not functioning members of society. They work at Taco Bell.

• Banned User

You May Be a Microsoft Employee If...

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva
    ORDDU: Hello, Darkbeer, duckling!! I just wanted you to know you're being watched over no matter which web-footed site you happen to be visiting these days!

ORGOCH: Stalkin' him's whatcha REALLY ought ta say, witch!! An' if'n I was yerself, Darkbeer, ducklin', I'd be very afraid right 'bout now. Got any good hidin' places? I'll try ta git her attention away from ya fer as long as I can--'til ya finds a good place where the old hag won't find ya!! Hurry, now!!

I have tell you a story, yesterday I stopped by the Cove Bar, and these two lovely ladies came up to me and introduced themselves, and asked who I was. I admitted to being "me", and it made their day. (Too made they were married, otherwise it would have made my day . They also happen to be big fans of Al! Had a wonderful chat, and they were kind enough to pick up my beer tab (Thanks again ladies!) Kinda weird to have "groupies"

I'm pretty sure they still print them, Figment.

A few years ago, my dad would always give me lunch money for school. Since a lunch would usually cost about two dollars, he would go into the bank every so often and trade some larger bills in for a bunch of $2 bills.
    Believe me, I was the only kid at school who not only used $2 bills to buy lunch, but used them every single day.
    Considering how that was only a few years ago, though, I can only assume that they're still making fresh $2 bills.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast