• Minion

Exclamation "Say" It Foward - Speak Your Mind

Most people have heard of the concept known as "Pay It Foward", as seen in the feature film. The concept, in an attempt to make an impact on the world, was instead of paying someone back for a favor or act of goodness, one would "Pay It Foward", doing a good deed for three separate people. Then each of those persons would do the same for 3 people, and so forth.

This thread is a tweak on that concept, and hopefully this forum, can be used as a launchpad for it. Let's try to see how much word can travel. And instead of just telling 3 people on this forum, spread the word to people around you at work or when out and about. And if anyone who reads this forum feel there should be something very important said, as the title goes, speak your mind, and Say It Foward.

And here is a very good example, that could not only be directed at Californians, but maybe the rest of the country. People are getting tired of rising gas prices. There just does not seem to be an end to it. We as Californians or even as Americans need to take a united stand against the oil companies who are getting rich off of our hard earned cash. So I say we should try to have a nationwide walk out. Put away our car keys, and either walk to work, or use public transportation. Boycott the oil companies and the local gas stations. I don't know if it's true or not, but about a year ago, I heard that a company called Valero (can be seen around most of Southern California) has bought out most of the gas station companies such as Arco, Shell, Chevron, and are changing all of them. Could this be the company that is behind all of this? I don't know. But I still say across the country we should have a boycott, a walkout, and just not pay for gas. Use public transportation or just walk to work. I know this could be difficult for many people, and it could cut vacations short, but it appears we can no longer depend on our governments to intercede and help lower the prices. This country is based on a democracy, where laws are decided by the people, for the people. We as a people have the power to make a difference. Walkout, boycott the oil companies. Take the power back and out of their hands.

Say It Foward, and spread the word. We as a country can do this.

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Re: "Say" It Foward - Speak Your Mind

I agree. I already walk most places, or use public transportation. The problem is lots of people live in the suburbs and they have to drive because walking is simply out of the question. We need to stop this sprawl and have more urban renewal and more effecient public transportation. When I lived in Las Vegas the buses never came out to where I lived, and the only thing close to rapid transport was a monorail built for the tourists on the Strip. This has got to stop.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Public transportation relies on oil.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O
    Public transportation relies on oil.
    Sad, but true. Looking at the bigger picture, if there were enough consumers, aside from large corporations and business, regular consumers like you and me that stopped buying gas, there might be a big enough impact on the oil business to possibly drop the prices of gas. The "little man" outnumbers the corporation.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

The oil companies aren't the problem.
    Taxes yeild more for governments than what the oil companies earn.
    The feds subsidize, as in GIVE MONEY to oil companies.
    Want something done? Demand Congress investigate their price gouging.

• Minion

I don't think we can depend on the government anymore.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

"Big Oil" makes about 10 cents on every dollar's worth of gas. In other words, their profit margin is about 10%. If you were to eliminate their profits totally, a $3 gallon of gas would only go down to $2.70.

Federal and State taxes on a gallon of gas are about 20 cents on every dollar... or about twice as much as the actual oil company makes. At least the oil company is supplying a product for their profits. Washington is just supplying a lot of hot air and rhetoric.

Who's gouging?
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Minion

Good point. But I still say walkout, boycott. Say it foward.

• Minion

Keeping the thread alive.

• Minion

Guess it died.

Though, many of you can use it to talk about other things than just the gasoline issue.