Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• That Guy

Re: NBA Playoffs! What a Ride!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    The Lakers will win today even with that "hack" Raja Bell playing. I'm a Lakers fan, if you couldn't tell!
    Druggas,

You know I love you, but if Raja is a 'Hack' I don't want to think about what that makes Kobe... Kobe was throwing more elbows then a seizure patient and when Raja got tired of it and starting playing that game, all of a sudden it was Armageddon. The Suns don't like to play that kind of game.

• Hooterville, USA

This series could have used a good brawl! Maybe next time.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    This series could have used a good brawl! Maybe next time.
    Yeah....if someone would have hauled off and let Kobe have an elbow to the chops, maybe it would have woken the Lakers out of their stupor.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Let's see, for four games (since many Laker fans felt that game one was a "moral victory"), The Lakers played team basketball. Kobe didn't have to dominate the scoresheet. After the Sunday miracle at Staples, it was said the team was finally grasping the triangle, and that this was Phil Jackson's best coaching job ever.

They get routed in game five. But the Suns lose Raja Bell, so at least one LA sportstalk radio host is just hoping that the Suns "can at least make it competitive" before the "Hallway Series" hysteria descends upon LA after Game Six.

The Lakers go into the "Bermuda" triangle, on defense especially, and the Zen-master's team rolls over in game seven - scooped up like "Baskin Robbins" in a "31" flavor blowout.

Headline in the Sunday LA Daily News..."Hallway To Hell..."

Wasn't that the "B" side for Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven"???

---Barry

PS...I'm sure there won't be near the SoCal interest now that the Lakers are out of it. But I'm glad to see that some other folks might get a chance to see just how good Elton Brand, Corey Maggette, Chris Kaman and company really are!!!
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 05-07-2006 at 01:02 PM.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MC State Comptroller

Kobe was throwin more Elbows than the "MAcho Man" Randy Savage!!!!

And Raja with that Clothesline...I thought i was watching Wrestlemaina!!!!

Game 7 showed what the Suns do with their backs against the wall. IF they play that well in every game, your looking at NBA Champs!!! Guranteed. It is just to bad that Stoudemire (sp?) is out as well as 40oz (Kurt Thomas) if they were in it the Lakers would not have won.

As long as they stay focused on the goal and continue to play smart the Clips don't have a chance. The real match up will be Suns V Spurs! That one scares me.

Oh and by the way Nash back to back MVP!!!!!!!
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sgtpeper

As long as they stay focused on the goal and continue to play smart the Clips don't have a chance. The real match up will be Suns V Spurs! That one scares me.
    I'll "clip'n'save" this quote. Again, I'm not a bandwagon-jumping Clippers fan, I just think that you seem to be underestimating them. Good thing for you that I'm sure Steve Nash, Raja Bell, Tim Thomas, Mike D'Antoni and company, are not.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MC State Comptroller

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    I'll "clip'n'save" this quote. Again, I'm not a bandwagon-jumping Clippers fan, I just think that you seem to be underestimating them. Good thing for you that I'm sure Steve Nash, Raja Bell, Tim Thomas, Mike D'Antoni and company, are not.

Underestimating them?!?!?!? For Chrissakes they are the Clippers!!!! They've been the ugly step sister to the Lakers since they came to LA.

All kidding aside, I do feel the Clips are a tough team, its just that if Game 7 is any indication on how the Suns are going to play the next series the Clippers are in a whole heap of trouble.

Besides everyone from ESPN to SI has been underestimating the Suns from day one. I acutally heard one sportcaster display shock that Nash won the MVP again. Er Uh Hello!!!! Did you see his stats?? Across the board Nash is having a career season along with Bell, Diaw,and the most of the bench.

As long as the Suns keep playing the fast break and moving the ball as well as keep the Clips away from the paint and post and force them to shoot from outside the Suns will win it. I am predicting a 4-1 or possibly a 4-2 series. But only time will tell.
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

• My prices are INSANE!

It doesn't matter.

GO DETROIT!
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Larry
    It doesn't matter.

GO DETROIT!
    They certainly made "King James" and company look like "court jesters" in game 1. They certainly appear to be the class of the league right now.

--Barry

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

The Clippers probably don't have the horses to beat the Suns in a seven-game series, but if last night's game is any indication, it should be entertaining. 130-123...WOW! And it was basket-for-basket almost til the end.

I'll say this much for the Suns. They are a lot of fun to watch. They play run and gun, racehorse basketball...it reminds me of why I grew up loving the NBA...in the 60's and 70's it seemed that teams routinely scored 110 points... at least... per game...then came the 90's with all the over-coaching, the "triangle", and just plain poor shooters...games became pretty much un-watchable, IMHO.

The Suns are like a blast from the past...

--Barry

PS...Longtime unheralded and very solid Clippers radio/TV announcer Ralph Lawler...with "Lawler's Law"...first team to score 100 points wins...and the Suns hit 100 first last night...(that's accurate, by the way, the tremendous majority of the time )...

--Barry

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Underestimating them?!?!?!? For Chrissakes they are the Clippers!!!! They've been the ugly step sister to the Lakers since they came to LA.

All kidding aside, I do feel the Clips are a tough team, its just that if Game 7 is any indication on how the Suns are going to play the next series the Clippers are in a whole heap of trouble.
    So who's in trouble now, after a Clipper ROUT in Phoenix???

PHOENIX (AP) -- The Los Angeles Clippers turned playground bully in Game 2 of the Western Conference semifinals.

Elton Brand & Co. pushed the smaller Phoenix Suns around all night Wednesday, dominating the boards 57-26 in a 122-97 rout that evened the best-of-seven series.

Game 3 is in Los Angeles on Friday night.

"We're little and you have to fight," Phoenix coach Mike D'Antoni said, "and if you don't have the fight in you, big guys are going to punish you -- and they did."

Brand, coming off a 40-point performance in Game 1, had 27 points and 10 rebounds as all five Clippers starters scored in double figures.

Cuttino Mobley, held to three points on 1-for-6 shooting in Game 1, scored 23 points, as did Sam Cassell, the Clippers' 36-year-old point guard. Chris Kaman added 14 points and 16 rebounds and Quentin Ross scored 11 points.

"We feel good about going home," Brand said. "They didn't do what they had to do on their court, now we shift it to our home court advantage."

It was the second most one-sided home playoff loss in Suns' history, eclipsed only by their 129-90 first-round rout by Utah in 1991.

Phoenix also lost at home in Game 2 of the first-round series against the Los Angeles Lakers, then had to rally from a 3-1 deficit to win the series. The Suns had won four straight playoff games going into Wednesday night.

Raja Bell, who opened the game 0-for-5, led the Suns with 20 points, while Leandro Barbosa added 19 and Tim Thomas 15. Steve Nash had 14 points and eight assists, then sat out the final 5:44.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=260510021

I'm sure someone will try to minimize this with the fact that the Suns have played several more games over the past 10 days or so. Still, this was a most impressive win for the Los Angeles Clippers tonight.

--Barry

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Guess all the NBA fans on this board are out with all the baseball fans right now.

Anyway, a nice win for the Clippers tonight in what appears to be another seven-game LA story for the Suns.

Clippers 114, Suns 107 in Game Four. And consider this, Suns fans - if it comes down to another game 7 in Phoenix, this team will actually show up for it.

And how about Old Man Riley and the Heat?

--Barry

• MC State Comptroller

Something interesting that I notice from a lot of people...

When the suns lose, it is because they are deemed a non competitive team. Meaning that when the suns lose, its because they did not deliver (which i wholeheartedly agree with)

But when the Suns win, almost everyone says it wasn't the suns who won, but the other team that lost. meaning that the other team didn't show up and suns got lucky.

The suns are the #2 seed in the west. They have the second best record in the NBA and they are a dynamic, fast paced, extremely talented team who deserves all that they receive. Are they infallible, no, Game 2 they were throwing up more bricks than a mexican drug mule. And i don't buy that "they were tired" story. It is the playoffs, you got to play tough and hard. But at the same time Game 3 showed that they can play and even Game 4 showed that even though everone underestimates them, they still can play.

And yeah if it comes down to game 7 the clips will show up, but so will phx and as we have all seen, when their backs are up against the wall they come out shooting.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Something interesting that I notice from a lot of people...

When the suns lose, it is because they are deemed a non competitive team. Meaning that when the suns lose, its because they did not deliver (which i wholeheartedly agree with)

But when the Suns win, almost everyone says it wasn't the suns who won, but the other team that lost. meaning that the other team didn't show up and suns got lucky.
    quote]
    I've never underestimated the Suns, and yes they are a very good team. They shouldn't have needed seven games to beat the Lakers.

And give the Clippers some credit. They are playing very well...and it would not surprise me at all to see them take at least one more game in Arizona and win this series.

But I'm certainly taking nothing away from the Suns.

--Barry

• That Guy

Wow, another good game. Cassel is unreal, with his shots!!!! The Suns were having a rough night, but look at how they came back. I think the owners of the team asked the guys not to try too hard, so it will go the full seven and more money will be made.

The Suns will take care of business on Tuesday and do what needs to be done. The Clippers are a fine team, but they're not my Suns.

I also want to say that I enjoy watching classy interactions with these two teams. When the lakers would foul, or knock down a Sun, they would stand over them and make constipation faces. When the Clips foul, or knock someone over, they offer them a hand and have tons of class. That is so cool, and on our local radio the Suns even said how much respect they have for the Clips as a team and as individuals.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast