Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: NBA Playoffs! What a Ride!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer
    Wow, another good game. Cassel is unreal, with his shots!!!! The Suns were having a rough night, but look at how they came back. I think the owners of the team asked the guys not to try too hard, so it will go the full seven and more money will be made.

The Suns will take care of business on Tuesday and do what needs to be done. The Clippers are a fine team, but they're not my Suns.

I also want to say that I enjoy watching classy interactions with these two teams. When the lakers would foul, or knock down a Sun, they would stand over them and make constipation faces. When the Clips foul, or knock someone over, they offer them a hand and have tons of class. That is so cool, and on our local radio the Suns even said how much respect they have for the Clips as a team and as individuals.
    These are not your father's Clippers (LOL)...or even your older brother's...

Either the long-ridiculed owner Donald T. Sterling has found religion, or some extra money in his couch cushions (known as revenue streams from moving into Staples Center) to finally keep a good nucleus together...and it's nice to see the long-suffering GM Elgin Baylor recognized as the NBA Executive Of The Year...

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Game 5 in Phoenix...what a classic...great plays and bonehead mistakes on both sides, and the Suns outlast the Clippers in double overtime. This series is definitely going seven games...and to all those who seem to be conceding the conference title to the Dallas-San Antonio winner...watch out for whatever team comes out of this series.

And Suns fans, lest you be too cocky...you have yet to blow out this supposedly inferior Clippers team...and if gets back to Phoenix for another game seven, like I think it will...you won't have the same walkover as you did against that other L-A team.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Circle of Ancients

The Clippers totally blew that game last night.

But it was still a great game ... what I saw of it.

• That Guy

Barry,

The clippers are going down like the titanic. It was a good game last night and you're right, tons of mistakes were made, but I think it is all over for the clips. Either they get worked over Friday, or they come back to Phx and get beaten like a Pinata on Cinco de Mayo.

MF

• Nela25

The Suns are going to give me a heart attack!! I work for them and the games are definately "exciting" down to the last second!!!

GO SUNS!!

• MC State Comptroller

Great game last night. I must agree with Barry plenty of Bonehead plays by both teams. Cassel smiling at Raja and not even noticing the 8 sec violation made me pee my pants with its hilliarity and then the suns not calling a time out with 3.2 seconds on the clock to move the ball down to their end. Plus plenty of others.

What was really disappointing ws that the suns had it at the begining of the second half then just to lose it and force an overtime!!! The suns are lucky they are that good. A weaker team would've lost the game. The clips need to take the suns more seriously and the suns need to stop relaxing when they've got a good lead.
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

• That Guy

Nighty Night, Clippers

Well, the Suns made it happen! Way to go!

Congrats to the Clips who did a great job and made this an amazing series. On the bright side they get to start playing golf and relaxing, I wish I had their schedule.

Great job Suns, way to stick with it and make it happen.

Let's see what happens next!

• MC State Comptroller

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    And Suns fans, lest you be too cocky...you have yet to blow out this supposedly inferior Clippers team...and if gets back to Phoenix for another game seven, like I think it will...you won't have the same walkover as you did against that other L-A team.

--Barry
    Uh yeah your right...we only blew them away by 20 pts last night. It goes along with what i have been saying since the begining. Since the suns are not out of a major market they are considered second rate byt most people out of the area. The suns dominate in crunch time and they know how to score. The clippers are a good team, way better than the Lakers and they should be commended for a great series, but just like their brother team, they got beat and embarassed in Game 7.

The Clippers just got Clipped!!!!!

Now on to Dallas and hopefully someone pimp slaps Mark Cuban.
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Kudos to the Suns and their fans for what they've done so far.

The Suns have done what they are supposed to up to this point. After all, weren't they the second seed in the Western Conference?

The series is now tied 2-2. This time, however, the Suns don't have home court for the crucial game five - or game seven. And game five, as the Clippers found out, is really historically the pivotal game in a seven-game series.

Dallas is very good - they beat the defending champions after all. And my question about the Suns has nothing to do with disrepect. I just wonder if they still have enough gas left in the tank with their use of players and lack of depth.

And please, Raja Bell is good...but some of us are old enough to remember Willis Reed in game 7 of the 1970 Lakers-Knicks Finals. Anyone comparing Bell to that...please.

--Barry

• MC State Comptroller

Kudos to the Suns and their fans for what they've done so far.

The Suns have done what they are supposed to up to this point. After all, weren't they the second seed in the Western Conference?

The series is now tied 2-2. This time, however, the Suns don't have home court for the crucial game five - or game seven. And game five, as the Clippers found out, is really historically the pivotal game in a seven-game series.
    --Barry
    I agree with you barry. The winner of tonights game is the winner of the series, i'd bet on it. If the Suns can pull it off tonight, they will win it at home on Saturday, but if Dallas can win tonight they will win it at home next week. But remeber, Phoenix won Game 1 at Dallas so you cannot discount them, but Dallas is a tough team to beat at home.

Dallas is very good - they beat the defending champions after all. And my question about the Suns has nothing to do with disrepect. I just wonder if they still have enough gas left in the tank with their use of players and lack of depth.--Barry
    People were questioning their energy level against both the Lakers and Clips. The suns have the energy, they just need to work the fast break and shut down the lane. They also need to start hitting their shots from the paint.

And please, Raja Bell is good...but some of us are old enough to remember Willis Reed in game 7 of the 1970 Lakers-Knicks Finals. Anyone comparing Bell to that...please.
    --Barry
    That was only a few years before me, but my dad told me about the game. I was born and raised in LA and the Lakers were my team until Shaq and Kobe took over. I was there for both the 87 series ( LA lit up with the junior sky hook of Magic) and the 88 series with "Big Game James" Worthy Game 7 triple double. I would never compare Raja to Reed or Kareem or AC or anyone. I loved the lakers, but they let Kobe and Shaq run all over them. When Riley split, that was the end of an era in my opinion.

• MC State Comptroller

SUNS LOSE!!!!!!!!

No no no no no...this was not supposed to happen! This was the year. They were gonna do it this year. IT was going to make up for the 93-94 seasons. There was not Michael Jordan, no Chicago Bulls. This was year.

This is why i hate sports. The agony of defeat is breaking my heart. I should know better, i go through this every year with the Dodgers. But noooooooooo i tell my self "It will be different this time. We have Nash and Marion and Bell. D'antoni is coaching. We have the fast break offense." I just can't take it anymore.

Why Suns, Why???????????

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sgtpeper
    SUNS LOSE!!!!!!!!

No no no no no...this was not supposed to happen! This was the year. They were gonna do it this year. IT was going to make up for the 93-94 seasons. There was not Michael Jordan, no Chicago Bulls. This was year.

This is why i hate sports. The agony of defeat is breaking my heart. I should know better, i go through this every year with the Dodgers. But noooooooooo i tell my self "It will be different this time. We have Nash and Marion and Bell. D'antoni is coaching. We have the fast break offense." I just can't take it anymore.

Why Suns, Why???????????
    Because they weren't as good as Dallas. Maybe if they had all their guys healthy, they would have been. With their present roster, it was inevitable to me that they would run out of gas.

And, uh, Dallas was better.

Wake me up when the Finals start, in uh, five days..

I'll be rooting for the Heat because of Riley and the Laker connection to the good old days...that would be "Showtime" not "Shaq-Kobe" time BTW...

--Barry

• MC State Comptroller

Personally I can't watch anymore, but if pressured to choose i hope the heat take it for the same reason as you Barry.

And i don't think they ran out of gas. I think that they got overwhelmed by Dallas. The suns have a tendency to relax when they have a good lead, which they did, and Dallas took advantage of that and took over. If that game would've gone another 5 minutes, I think the Suns would've comeback and beat them. They are a fantastic rally team and there is always next year. Watch for them to deal House, Burke and possibly Thomas in the off season.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Just thought I'd give this thread a quick bump because, after all, it's the Finals...and after a convincing Miami win, it's all even now, 2-2.

To me, it's the first real win for the Heat, because they were outplayed the first two games, and while I give them credit for their game three comeback, I thought it was just as much a Mavs collapse.

But what can you say about....98-74...defense that held Dallas to just over 30 per cent shooting, and a seven-point fourth quarter?

Earlier, while I was pulling and still am for Miami, it looked like Dallas in maybe five or six games. Now I think it could be Miami in six. Could still be Dallas in six or seven or Miami in seven. After these four games, I am left without a clue as to who I think will win.

Remaining thoughts?

--Barry

• Circle of Ancients

I wasn't alone in counting Miami (the team I want to win) out after games 1 and 2. I'm with Barry, game 3 didn't impress me and I fully expected the Mavs to come out and win game 4. But Miami just stuck it to them. And with Game 5 in Miami I think they (Miami) may just have the edge.

I am rooting for Miami, because I like Shaq and I want him to stick it to the Lakers. But if the Mav's win I won't be too disappointed because I like Novitski.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123