Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• That Guy

NBA Playoffs! What a Ride!!!

Wow!! Just watched the Suns and Lakers and what a game!!! Unreal. Kobe is NOT human with his shots and agility. My Suns pulled it through and game 7 willbe a blast. It is so cool to see two amazing teams play.

It's going to be a great game Raja will be back and Nash is fired up.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: NBA Playoffs! What a Ride!!!

I was wondering when someone might finally start up an NBA playoff thread...and even though the NBA playoffs have so many rounds, and take so long that they bore me to tears at times anymore, here goes.

I have stated in other threads about how much I hate "homer" announcers. Well, that goes for Sportstalk radio hosts as well. In Los Angeles, when the Lakers are in the playoffs, talk of all other sports just goes out the window.

Suffice it to say, they've been at least implicitly been building up the great Laker-Clipper "Hallway Series" as some have called it, ever since the Laker comeback last Sunday.

Suns win Tuesday by double digits...a bump in the road. And with Bell's suspension...one host on the local ESPN affiliate today hoped that "it would at least be a competitive game tonight". Give me a break!!! I am neither a Suns or Lakers fan, but when I heard one host's promo for a Friday show "to get us ready for the Lakers-Clippers showdown this weekend"....

Somehow, Kobe's Kobe again, scoring 50 in a loss. And Smush Parker and Devean George are back in their usual roles, at the end of Kobe's finger-pointing during time outs.

And in Game 6, Steve Nash showed why he's a worthy MVP, and did Tim Thomas ever come up big!

The Lakers may well win in Game 7. It's basically a tossup game, and yes, I'd root like crazy for the upstart Clippers to beat their arrogant roommates if it comes to that. Sorry Max, but I'll root for the little LA team that never could, against the Suns too.

But I can't wait to hear the local sports shows Friday...talk about homers...

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Kobe is such a mixed bag. Yes he finally put up 50 points, but it's his turnovers and bricks that are killing the team. And speaking of the team...how many turnovers were there in that last game??? TWENTY?? And SEVEN of those were from Kobe who, for some reason, thinks it's "fun" to dribble into triple coverage. Interesting that in the last game where Kobe didn't put up HALF that many points, the Lakers won.

I blame this on coaching. When Phil isn't doing his latest zen thing with the team, what IS this man doing? How do they SUCK that bad at reading the coverage and passing after a SEASON of playing together?

And how about some DEFENSE??? Game four was an amazing comeback victory for the Lakers, but now the momentum is with the Suns. I have a very bad feeling abou this. I think you can expect to see more of the same tomorrow. More turnovers and bricks as Kobe tries to do too much again.

• That Guy

I think the Suns will take care of business at home on Saturday. Especially with Raja Bell back in the game. By the way, MC might need some more bandwidth to keep up with the huge amount of posts to this thread.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer
    I think the Suns will take care of business at home on Saturday. Especially with Raja Bell back in the game. By the way, MC might need some more bandwidth to keep up with the huge amount of posts to this thread.

That is a bit interesting, given the fact that the Stanley Cup thread has been going pretty well...and that's for a team sport that's indeed fourth on the list, if not lower, for most fans. A sport that killed its entire season a year ago. We do have some passionate fans in Canada, however (especially Calgary, a bit depressed now)...as well as others sprinkled around.

I think, Max, it may be just a testament to the fact that the NBA season is too long, and the playoffs, thanks to television. last until almost the 4th of July.

Anyway, we have basically three or four of us driving the Talkin Baseball thread, so I do get the suspicion that many MiceChatters are not sports fans. Ya think? And that's okay. To each their own.

I could go both ways on tomorrow night's game. The Suns have to control tempo again, and score at least 110 points...if the game's in the 90's, I predict a Laker win.

And I think as much as LA would love to see a Laker-Clipper matchup...just think of all that travel... Forty feet...(LOL) I think if you'd ask the Clippers, they'd say they match up better with the Suns...

Should be interesting...I'll talk to you Max, while the other hoopsters get in the flow...

Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• That Guy

Barry,
    You're a good man! I must admit, I am new to being a real sports fan. I was thinking about getting season tickers, but you're right, it's a long season. I will say that I like watching hoops more then baseball, due to the tempo. Plus it's warm here in Phx, even with a cooled stadium, it's too long to sit still!

Anyway, I am looking forward to the game, we'll see what happens!

• That Guy

Barry,
    You're a good man! I must admit, I am new to being a real sports fan. I was thinking about getting season tickers, but you're right, it's a long season. I will say that I like watching hoops more then baseball, due to the tempo. Plus it's warm here in Phx, even with a cooled stadium, it's too long to sit still!

Anyway, I am looking forward to the game, we'll see what happens!

• Hooterville, USA

The Lakers will win today even with that "hack" Raja Bell playing. I'm a Lakers fan, if you couldn't tell!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    The Lakers will win today even with that "hack" Raja Bell playing. I'm a Lakers fan, if you couldn't tell!

Druggas...I don't know how to tell you this....

It's just not a good day to be a Laker's fan.

More later after I take my prozac and ativan....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

YAY SUNS!

• MC State Comptroller

The Suns were ON!!!!! Tonight!

They just embarassed the Lakers. What a blow out! I was unable to catch the game but did listen to the last 8mins and when i saw the score on my Satelite radio i went through the roof. And then at the end when Burke and House hit those 3's just to bury the lakers even more.

Kobe's elbows couldn't do a thing to stop them!

Go Suns!!!!!

Nash Back to Back MVP!!!!
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas

Ahem.... well, looks like things didn't quite work out for the Lakers...

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by sgtpeper
    The Suns were ON!!!!! Tonight!

They just embarassed the Lakers. What a blow out! I was unable to catch the game but did listen to the last 8mins and when i saw the score on my Satelite radio i went through the roof. And then at the end when Burke and House hit those 3's just to bury the lakers even more.

Kobe's elbows couldn't do a thing to stop them!

Go Suns!!!!!

Nash Back to Back MVP!!!!
    Wow! I haven't seen a beating like this since the last LA riot. Wow. Much respect to all my Laker fan friends, I know this sucks for you and it could have easily gone the other way. Sports are so funny like that.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

One thing for the Lakers to lose in game seven. Quite another to get blown away, roll over and play dead. Phoenix was, and is, the better team.

That said, I'll root for the Clippers. I've always wanted to see them do well. I'm not a Clipper "fan"...I won't get on that bandwagon, but I am a Laker "dis-liker" so I'm not sure if I'm glad they lost to Phoenix or not...anyway they are out!!!

And the CLIPPERS, IMHO, will give the Suns all they can handle...

Barry

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    One thing for the Lakers to lose in game seven. Quite another to get blown away, roll over and play dead. Phoenix was, and is, the better team.

That said, I'll root for the Clippers. I've always wanted to see them do well. I'm not a Clipper "fan"...I won't get on that bandwagon, but I am a Laker "dis-liker" so I'm not sure if I'm glad they lost to Phoenix or not...anyway they are out!!!

And the CLIPPERS, IMHO, will give the Suns all they can handle...

Barry
    It should be interesting Barry. Everyone is kind of aware of the Clippers and how good they are. Honestly most people here are just happy to put the lakers to bed. There were some ugly games with the Suns too, so it wasn't like they played perfectly either. Only time will tell.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast