Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• insufferable know-it-all

Goonie's Trip Report 5/7 DL & Train Show (photo heavy)

Okay guys, this is going to take me a while to get it all up.

I arrived around 11ish to meet up with OlympicNut and Chernabog, who happened to be in DCA getting coffee and a scone, so I visited some famous bricks.

A couple other DCA shots. The possibly-relatively-soon-to-maybe-be-extinct hub cap, and (gasp!), the moment you've all been waiting for... the backside of California! (funny, I thought it was in Riverside?)

Remember kids, in Disneyland, everyone's a VIP, but especially those with money

Oh look! It's O-nut and Cherny!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Re: Goonie's Trip Report 5/7 DL & Train Show (photo heavy)

Off to Wally World, er, uh.... New Orleans Square

Time for the first Mansion ride of the day

Okay, yes, I know the hat doesn't "work" with the outfit. Get over it. I don't have a "hat face", and frankly, I somehow knew I was going to get sunburned today.

Mansion CM - I think she was laughing at my hat (hey, everyone else was!)

Okay, little disclaimer here: my camera takes great pictures EXCEPT - it does not take good low-light, no-flash pictures inside the mansion. Sorry dudes, no flashy-flashy, no ghosty-wosty.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• I was deleted.

Snazzy!! Thanks Morrigoon for the pictures... interesting DCA pictures too. Also have to love the brick with the burn in it.

Chernabog REALLY wanted a Pirate cowboy hat. Dude: Pirate...Cowboy...Pirate...Cowboy... no. So we found him a more (ahem) appropriate type of headwear

Eeek! (actually, it's kinda cute in its tackiness)

The nicotine-addicted duck drops by the Tomorrowland smoking area for a quick fix

Okay, tell me this isn't an amusing picture... ("Happy duck happy duck happy duck...")

After the meet and lunch, a bunch of us headed over to NOS, passing by (Canadian) Pirates, eh?

Watch out for these girls, they'll crush your head!

Cafe Orleans is still behind walls

And another visit to Haunted Mansion (and in case you're wondering about the order of these pictures, we went up the elevator)

Okay, geek time here... I noticed an open window that isn't usually open. Could be Club 33 (though I believe it's a tad too high up, it was like 3rd story), could be someone's office

And while we're looking up, here's a shot of the Fantasmic! control tower above the Gallery balcony

Ladies and Gentlemen, The Indiana Jones Adventure is not operating at this time (because Morrigoon passed within 50 feet of the entrance, so we can all thank the 101 goddess for breaking down your ride)!

Mary, Bert, and a penguin who clearly suffers from gigantism

Next up... Fullerton Train Show!

Chernabog, The Elusive Charles, and I left DL after Mansion to swing by the Character Warehouse and then the Fullerton Train show. This was a very cut, VERY family-friendly, and most importantly FREE event, which you'll already be aware of, good MiceAge reader that you are (and if you aren't, I suggest you zip over and read Steve DeGaetano's article on what you missed).

They had a lot of the booths you'd see at trade shows/craft fairs/etc, plenty of carnival-type food (dude, kettle corn, funnel cake...yeah).

But also some really cool stuff, like this old-style fire engine and a dalmation to pose with you (or this random kid)

But the coolest (non-DL) stuff was the ENORMOUS model train setups they had running under the big awnings

We now interrupt this model railroading drool-fest for this important message (see T-shirt)

And now back to your regularly scheduled model trains

And a poster that was hanging up high over a display (that I may show photos of later) which involved a whole circus setup

Okay guys, it's gonna be a bit before I get more images up...
    Last edited by Morrigoon; 05-07-2006 at 10:41 PM.

More model railroad displays

Okay, now the sequencing is all wacky because we went back and forth a bit, but here's some parts of the ALL LEGO TRAIN DISPLAY. It's WAY cool!

Okay, remember the circus poster from earlier? Here's a little sampling of what it was hanging over

Now, more Legos. The brilliance of this display is the storytelling. There is so much going on in all the various spots, you'd think Boticelli had designed the display. Okay, not really, but check out all the little "moments" taking place here, I really admire the artistry

• I was deleted.

more are coming... nice! The legos are cool with them too. I think the 5/5 Mickey ears are tacky cute as well and I must say Cherny.. that hat.. oh my! rawr!

• All you need is LOVE

Wow what great photos. It was good seeing you Thanks for the photos

More inside the lego train station

This was truly impressive. These "high rises" in Legos were as pretty as any I've seen in real life

As much as I'd like to finish this thread tonight... I just counted them as they batch-processed (to make them small for quick posting), and I have like 50 more images to sort through, so... yeah... you'll have to wait for the EP Ripley, sorry kids.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast