Sad Stupid Backout dates

So, since this is my Hubbys first Mothers Day since his Mom passed I get the idea that we should spend it in Disneyland. This thought did not occur to me until today (Tuesday) and Mothers day is this Sunday. We have AP's so the big expenss would be gas and hotel. As I was getting ready to book a room at the Howard Johnson (we have never stayed there) I began reading Als column and he mentions most AP being blocked out on Saturday. So I checked and sure enough we are blocked out this Saturday grrrrrrrrrrr. So there goes our trip.
    I honestly forgot about there being black out dates until I was reading Als column. Now what to do for Mothers Day?
    "You can't judge a book by its cover."
    "No, but you can tell how much it is going to cost."

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Re: Stupid Backout dates

Quote Originally Posted by poohnpiglet
    So, since this is my Hubbys first Mothers Day since his Mom passed I get the idea that we should spend it in Disneyland. This thought did not occur to me until today (Tuesday) and Mothers day is this Sunday. We have AP's so the big expenss would be gas and hotel. As I was getting ready to book a room at the Howard Johnson (we have never stayed there) I began reading Als column and he mentions most AP being blocked out on Saturday. So I checked and sure enough we are blocked out this Saturday grrrrrrrrrrr. So there goes our trip.
    I honestly forgot about there being black out dates until I was reading Als column. Now what to do for Mothers Day?
    It's only $30 to purchase a ticket for APers on blackout dates. Can you try that?

Re: Stupid Backout dates

um, oops the title should have been blackout dates. As for buying a day for the $30 there are 4 of us and the extra $120. is not in the budget for an unplanned trip. With gas prices being what they are just driving to Disneyland is more costly. Oh well, we will make it back to Disneyland just not for Mothers Day.
    "You can't judge a book by its cover."
    "No, but you can tell how much it is going to cost."