Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• All you need is LOVE

We found a kitten who is paralyzed. Help if you can

We found a kitten who is paralyzed..

She can not walk right,. or stand up and her legs shake. The kitty does not seem to be any pain. She is so sweet trying how she does. Seeing her like this just breaks my heart. My heart goes out to her.

We do not know what to do we called a few 24hr vets. They said to bring her into a free clinic if we wanted or to come to them but since they cost so much we can go to a free clinic if we wanted. They said we did not need to bring her in. She is eating from a bottle we got her and is drinking the special kitty milk. In that sense she is fine she likes to eat.

We are all heart broken and keep tearing up and even crying seeing her like this.

Has any one had a kitty like this? What shall we do now? Any ideas are welcome and I thank you all now for your help.

Videos of her
    Kitty Meowing so sweet

Kitty trying to walk

Here she is...

This is her trying to walk

• Why do you keep talking?

Re: We found a kitten who is paralyzed. Help if you can

awwww she is so cute, it's sad that she can't walk correctly. I hope there's something that can be done.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

CrazyLegs - my thoughts and prayers are with you guys and the kitten as well. I know from my own experiences with Shuggie that seeing "miracles" in healing can and do take place. She had a hard time moving herself (although not quite the same problems that I saw in your video).

Turned out that she needed major surgery, but they took care of it.

My best wishes and blessings to you in this matter -

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Banned User

She may have been thrown or harmed by some one. I also had a cat who was paralyzed. She was hit by a car. She had Surgery and I kept her in a lay pen for 2 weeks. She acually wore a diaper. She had surgery and was fine so maybe she will be to. poor little thing. I am glad you found her!!And for you for helping her,

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

My dog that I found recently walked like this after laying down for awhile. It would take her several steps to get it right, when she could. When she couldn't, she would just low-crawl across the room. She could make some good time dragging on her belly with her legs straight out behind her. After a couple of weeks, she was much better and then after a couple of months, she was able to actually jump up on things. She still walks stiffly sometimes after she gets up from laying down for awhile.

I would say if you plan to keep her, definitely take her to the vet and have them check her out.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Oh my gosh she is so adorable!!!

It looks like she has some muscle control of her back legs, since she can move them, she just can't control them. Most of the problem appears to be on the left back side. Since she isn't totally paralysed, I'm thinking there could be some nerve damage in her back, or maybe in her legs. Either she has suffered some kind of trama like Karla said, (probable) or it could be a congenitve defect (not as likely). She looks like she is still very very young. Theres a possibility that with some time, and proper nutrition, she may regain control of her back legs on her own. It seems I saw something on one of the animal cop shows about a kitten that had almost the same exact problem. She never walked 100% normal, but with some time and good food and care she eventually got better to the point where she had a normal life and lived in a household with other cats.

There is always the possibilty that this damage is permanent too.

Again, since she is so young she may eventually gain enough strength to learn how to adapt to her disability, and how to gain some control over her back end. If nothing else, they do have special devices with wheels on them that you can put her in, just like a little wheelchair for kitties!!! ( And they make them for doggies too!)

Some people would automatically think... well, she can't be fixed might as well just put her to sleep. But how can you look at that little face and not think there must be something that can be done for her!!

Start with one of the free clinics and see what they say, and keep us all posted on her progress (I know with your love she WILL make progress), and let us know what they say!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Banned User

ok, I just remembered a friend also had a cat like this!! she was hurt and the vet told us she has neuological damage, and that if she moved her back legs and feet she could come out of it, she did!! she is fine today and the doctor told her most likely some one thru her or a dog got her. but it took some time and lots of love. so I will be prwying all day, and continue to do so. Mom was here looking to and we are both praying, and Crazy, you are top notch in my book, Thank you for your wonderful heart and spirit. what would we do with out you here !! we need a party for you, and I mean it!!!

• For old time sake

Could be neurological. Get her checked if you can. Poor kitty. She looks like Cordelia!!! Now I am crying
    Last edited by Disneykat; 05-15-2006 at 08:27 AM.
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Minion

oh my gosh, shes so sweet looking.
    I'm tearing up just looking at the pictures. This happened to my family a few years ago. We found a cat on our street, and it couldn't walk. We decided to take it to the vet, and they had to give it some medicine and a tiny but of surgery. I can't remember what was wrong, but shes fine now. I would bring her to the clinic or vet and keep her afterwards, they need healing. Heres a picture of my kitty lilo and dog candy. I'm sure your cat will be fine, it just needs some rest and nurturing

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Oh she's adorable.
    please let us know what the vet says.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Still wants to be a cat!

Keep us updated, my heart goes out to you and the "wee" one!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• And, THEN she said...

i agree take her to the vet and have her checked out she is adorable! and, if you cant afford a vet bill right now..get in touch with the animal assitance league of orange county..they are the most wonderful bunch of people! they will help with surgeries, food, anything you may need. they spayed my morgan for me when i couldnt afford it, all i had to do was get her to her appt on time.. let us know what the vet says! and good luck with your new furbaby!

• For old time sake

awww, now I want to keep her, but I can't!!!!
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Gay Man

Please take her to the vet. She doesn't seem to be in pain, but it is hard to tell with cats. At least if there is some sort of internal damage, the vet can help the poor thing.

• Mexihick, y'all

Totally. Get her to the vet. Immediately.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast