View Poll Results: What kinds of pictures would you want? (see descriptions below)

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tradional, mono photos

4 57.14%
  • Lenticular portraits

3 42.86%
  • Stereo Cards

1 14.29%
  • Stereo Slides

1 14.29%
  • View-Master Reels

3 42.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Huh?

Photographic opinions

So, I'm wanting to start in on doing some portrait photography.

Strange, isn't it? I mean, not too long ago, I was saying how much I didn't want to do portrait photography.

So, if you were to come into my photo studio for a portrait or for me to photgraph an event, what kind of package would you want?

• Normal, everyday prints, printed on materials such as lustre paper, metallic paper, or canvas
    • Large, lenticular portraits to hang on the wall or as small as 810 and 46 -- portraits will be in 3-D, high quality, viewable in 3-D from several angles without glasses
    • Smaller stereo cards -- a stereo pair, postcard size, viewable through a viewer
    • Stereo slides -- slide film, lasts up to 30 years without colour fading. Viewable through a small viewer.
    • View-Master Reels -- up to 7 3-D pictures per reel, viewable on any view-master (with high-end viewers and logo viewers available from me)
    I'm trying to get a feel of whether people would actually be willing to do *any* of this as an alternative to traditional means of portraiture. All of this will be possible for me to do.
    -Tim

• horsin' around!

Re: Photographic opinions

hmmm...i'd be inclined to say 'normal' (geesh i hate that word! haha!) only because i'm not really sure what i'd do with the others?!?

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by pixywingz
    hmmm...i'd be inclined to say 'normal' (geesh i hate that word! haha!) only because i'm not really sure what i'd do with the others?!?
    Well, a lenticular you could frame like a normal photo.
    -Tim

• horsin' around!

do you have a link of some examples? i'm a visual learner! lol

• Huh?

Well, lenticulars you've seen everywhere.... it's hard to show you on a computer screen. In the movie theater, you most recently seen it as an animated movie poster for the upcoming movie, Monster House. Many movies have used lenticulars for their posters -- 3-D or motion posters, frameable, don't need glasses.

At the parks.... they're all over the Imagination pavilion at Epcot, from the portrait of Nigel Channing and Figment to several large 3-D morphing portraits in the exit-ride area (uhm... why is that area name escaping now? I know what it's called! oy...).

Target recently used a lenticular on their exclusive release of Harry Potter DVD.

It's the prints with the ridged surface that allows you to see a print in 3-D or in motion... I know you've seen them everywhere. Some bad ones that are REALLY hard to look at, some great ones.
    -Tim

• horsin' around!

ohhhhhhhh yeah! now i know what you're talking about! those would be awesome!!!

• For You!

Viewmaster reels!! That would be a novelty!! My kids would absolutely love those!!!!!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• back in Austin

Is money supposed to be a consideration in our choice? i'm guessing some of these packages would cost a lot more than others.

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by RenMan
    Is money supposed to be a consideration in our choice? i'm guessing some of these packages would cost a lot more than others.
    Well, let's just say if you're in the market to get some professional photos done from somebody that doesn't do the norm, you're probably not as concerned about price as if you were to do it yourself or find the cheapest photographer possible. So, think of that imaginary money that you have to pay good money for your special moment.
    -Tim

• Mexihick, y'all

Personally, as someone who purchases photographs for my home, I think for your "yuppy" types, they're going to want to stick with traditional photography. I wouldn't be keen on hanging something 3-D on my walls.

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by migo
    Personally, as someone who purchases photographs for my home, I think for your "yuppy" types, they're going to want to stick with traditional photography. I wouldn't be keen on hanging something 3-D on my walls.
    Which is a hurdle that I'll need to overcome...

Sad how times change. In around 1840-1940, the "yuppy" types of that era -- from political figures to millionaires -- were always after stereo pictures.

You know, the movies of the 50s kind of ruined the art form in the mind of most people. That's something I'm trying to change about the form....
    -Tim

• Mexihick, y'all

Good luck. Honestly.

What kind of things are you interested in photographing? Animals, scenery, what?

• Huh?

I'm interested in photographing what interests me... no specific subject.

Of course, my dream is to get paid by Disney to photograph everything in all of the parks.
    -Tim

• Mexihick, y'all

So...you're going to eventually hope to open up a shop, or just do private sessions?

• Mexihick, y'all

This is my favorite photographer, I typically visit his gallery in San Diego, but he does have some other things at his gallery in Vegas that I can not purchase here. I'm having a hard time finding his full online photo gallery, that would represent his talent better..but here's a snippet:

http://gallery.bcentral.com/Gallery/...40&Dept=210722

I prefer the photography that shows the soul of the artist...nothing forced, nothing contrived, nothing posed. I guess I could say I'm one of those "snapshots around the world" type people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast