• For You!

My first USTA tennis match

So, I took a couple of tennis lessons in February and got talked into joining a USTA league. I'm just a beginner (level 2.5 - for those that know what that is). I played my first singles match tonight and I won!!!! I won 6-1, 6-3. I am so excited! I just wanted to share it with someone. My DH didn't really sound to thrilled, he kinda brushed it off - so, I know that even though I don't know any of you personally - you'd be happy for me.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Banned User

Re: My first USTA tennis match

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen
    So, I took a couple of tennis lessons in February and got talked into joining a USTA league. I'm just a beginner (level 2.5 - for those that know what that is). I played my first singles match tonight and I won!!!! I won 6-1, 6-3. I am so excited! I just wanted to share it with someone. My DH didn't really sound to thrilled, he kinda brushed it off - so, I know that even though I don't know any of you personally - you'd be happy for me.
    I am very happy for you!! good going girl!! I will be rooting for you on your next game to!! ( do not forget to come post before you go so I can be here rooting for you

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Congratulations BF Jen! Tennis is a tough sport and you deserve to be proud of your accomplishment

• I'm your huckleberry.

Congrats Jen!!!!

I used to LOVE tennis... back when I was young and thin enough to play well. Now I stick with badmiton. Much easier for a slowpoke like me!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• For You!

Well, I'm not exactly a thin, rubber person - but, I'm doing okay (it'd be a lot easier if I had 30 pounds less to haul around the court). Thanks all - I knew I could count on you guys!!!

• Again! Again! Again!

Good job Jen!!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• I was deleted.

That's awesome BFJen!!! I'm proud and happy for you!!!

• For You!

Well, this week was just a practice match - so, I opted to sit out and cheer. Next week we go on the record and I'll be playing singles again. Our team did win the "meet" this week though. I'm hoping to be able to go to Districts in Boise at the end of July.

• For You!

Okay - here's an update!! I played my first "on the record" singles match - and I won!!!!! It was tough, it was over 90 degrees and being in Idaho, the wind just sucks. But, I won 7-5, 6-3. I almost had it easy the first set, i was up 4-1, then she came back 4-5 - we played that set for over 2 hours. I don't know what happened on the second one, but it took 25 minutes and I won easily.

So, I'm undefeated, and terribly sweaty and sticky. But I feel so great!!!

• Always watching...

Congratulations on your win BFJen!!! 2 hours....that's a looooong match, and how great that you won. So, when will be your first televised match?

• For You!

Yeah - the only way I'll get televised in a tennis match, is if I decide to streak at the U.S. Open!!

• For You!

Match #2 is now over - I played doubles tonight, and we pulled it off again. We won the first set 6-3 and then went into a tiebreak (we were down 0-4 and came back) and we won 7-6. Again, it went about 2 hours. Halfway through our match, the Idaho wind kicked up and about blew us to Oz!! So, we huffed it over to the indoor courts in town and finished up.

I was happy to win, but my team lost. And next week they have to go at it without me...., but, I'll be in Disneyland, so I don't feel so bad!

• Always watching...

Congratulations on another win ! You know, the U.S. is pretty slim on tennis stars right now, so I think this could be your opening .