Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Whats for dinner....... or how many ways not to turn on the oven this summer ?

Call Domino's.
    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

• Banned User

Re: Whats for dinner....... or how many ways not to turn on the oven this summer ?

Quote Originally Posted by MTNGIRL
    Karla - I had a few more thoughts.
    In the summer we have sandwiches alot. BLT's and Club are usually hits at my house.
    We also make alot of salads. If you add either grilled chicken or beef to a green salad, you've got a full meal.
    Awsome!! grilled chicken sans and grilled chicken with bacon. awsome combo...... ok, your ideas are awsome!! thank you!

I went to the store and got turkey burgers for the grill, and a lot of chicken breasts, I was wondering what to do with those, I am like neverneverland, got a breast an do not know what to do with it
    your sugestions are awsome!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie Dad
    I just realized this is another food thread--and Karla started it!

(At least it isn't about junk food!)
    Smart Arse..... havin't you got a butt to peddle some where .....

• My cuties!

Chicken is one of the easiest things to prepare! I like to boil it because it stays juicy. You can boil some, cut it into chunks and add some broccoli and cook with some chicken broth. Add a little corn starch to thicken and seasonings. Serve with rice or noodles.

Another great dish I made last week was whole wheat rotolini mixed with some cooked frozen veggies (I used broccoli, carrots and cauliflower blend). Add some Italian dressing and parmesan cheese and you're done. You could add chicken to this too.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    Argh, thats my favorite foods! how do you do stuffed peppers with out the oven?
    Oh and pass that chinese food here girl~! YUMMMMM !
    Microwave. She'd cook the stuffing on the stove, stuff the peppers and nuke 'em. that's all I remember. I'd never eat the peppers, just the stuffing
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    Smart Arse..... havin't you got a butt to peddle some where .....
    Check the mileage in my sig. I've been riding; the numbers go up almost every day. And tomorrow I'm leading a ride in San Francisco. Later I'll post pics in the Cyclists Corner.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

i am havig what ever my parents bring home...most likely going to eat one meal today...and snack the rest

• Minion

I suggested we dutch oven tonight. I forgot what its called that were having, but its rice, with shrimp and some spices. Its really really good

• For You!

Okay, I'll have to find out all the "fine" details - but as far as the ribs - he did a rub on them - just search google for rib rub - then covered them in kc masterpiece bbq sauce and stuck them in the crock pot all day.

He seasoned the dutch oven by scrubbing them out (no soap) and then oiled them. He put them in the oven for 30min to an hour and then turned off the oven and let them cool in the oven.

The potatoes were easy - slice up potatoes, cut up bacon and butter and throw on cheese - oh, and he put in onions too. I don't eat the onions, but they make for good flavor - and add salt and pepper.

The cobbler was just a "dump cake" - 2(30 oz.) cans sliced peaches; drained1can Sprite or 7Up1yellow cake mix; dry ice cream of your choice
    Into a 12" Dutch oven add peaches and spread out. Pour cake mix over peaches then pour the soda over the cake mix. Stir to mix completely. Place lid on oven. Bake for 45 minutes to an hour using 12 briquettes top and 12 briquettes bottom. Rotate oven and lid every 15 minutes.
    Variation: Use the whole can of peaches, juice included, and stir in 1/3 cup of instant tapioca. As the cobbler cooks the tapioca will absorb the juices and make a nice bubbly cobbler.
    Serve warm with ice cream.

Okay - there ya go! I also made a pasta chicken salad - it makes a ton - so, I'll be eating it for a week, but it keeps forever. I share the recipe if you want.

My absolute favorite summer recipe is grilled apples and pears - with a yummy glaze. I'll try to find that recipe too.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12