Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• For old time sake

Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink
    Star 98.7

KROQ 106.7

were my favorite stations in CA. Does anyone listen to Heidi Frosty and Frank? I love those guys and miss them so much!! I really wish they had a webcast!!

I remember when Frosty and Frank were on Star 98.7 With Jamie (who know is doing mornings with Danny Bonaduce). What station are they on??? I'd love to listen to them. Frosty and Frank made that show.

I listen to 98.7
    102.7 (Only when Jo Jo is on)
    mostly I listen to CD's though cause then I don;t have to worry about commercials and I hear what i wanna hear.
    Last edited by Disneykat; 04-14-2005 at 09:44 AM.
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Heidi Frosy and Frank are on 97.1 from around 11 am to 3 pm or something like that. I listened to them the WHOLE time I was in CA in March. They are SO funny. I wish they did a webcast, but they don't! *pouts*
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• ºoº Tom ºoº

Jack FM

Jack FM is phenominal- all you anti-radio kiddies out there might wanna check this place out. It is actually a clone from San Diego 100.7, which up until friday last week was Star a horrid pop radio station, with a morning show that was rebroadcast at night and you were lucky to listen to it and ever hear music.

This new JackFM is amazing its DJ-less and the mix is unfreakinbelievable! They pull songs out there hats that I haven't heard in years but love! This is Clear Channel's answer to all you CD listen, Ipod wearing, XM buying -people!

Kroq is also a staple of Los Angeles I love and miss Kevin and Bean and who can forget Ralph the smarmy host of the Joe Schmo show the only reality tv show that ever held my attention!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    This new JackFM is amazing its DJ-less and the mix is unfreakinbelievable! They pull songs out there hats that I haven't heard in years but love! This is Clear Channel's answer to all you CD listen, Ipod wearing, XM buying -people!
    I'm with you Shucks, I had that exact thought, listening to JackFM is exactly like listening my iPod on shuffle. Bob Marley, U2, Dave Matthews, insert a random song from the 90's here and one from the 80's there and it's a great format, I really hope it catches on and lasts as a format.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneykat
    102.7 (Only when Jo Jo is on)
    I love me some JoJo!

K-Frog comes in out there. It's country, though. I don't know the number, either.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Canadian Member

Lots of good stuff here. Seems like KROQ might be my best bet.

JackFM is a new radio format that has been going around North America for a few years now. In Vancouver we have had a JackFM station for two years now. They don't take any requests, and their tagline is "We play what we want".

I'm also well aware that I can listen to CDs, but I have plenty of time to do that driving 1200 miles. I like to hear what kind of song rotations are played on radio stations in other cities. Two years ago I happened to come across a local band, Hot Hot Heat being played on a LA station, which surprised me because they were an up and coming band.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Minion
    I've pretty much abandoned the radio.

Ditto here. Thats why for my last birthday I bought myself a Siruis satellite radio. Its absolutely without question the best thing I have ever bought for myself. There are still DJ's on most of the stations but NO commercials and endless blather on and on about nothing.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Abomination Unto Nuggan

I just use my ipod and a car adapter that sits in my trunk and convinces my factory stereo that it's a cd changer, so no weird FM or cassete adapters. I hate that stations have these "40 minutes commercial-free" blocks, but then 10-minute commercial blocks to compensate. Plus the lack of varied programming, and so on. Meh.

• Disney fans for life!

Yep, when we are down south, it's 93.1. Anytime that we try the AM side (for traffic, weather) all we get are foreign stations and colon-cleansing info-mercials!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12